New to Suite Life on Princess ?????'s

latebloomer56

Do suite passengers get bars of soap and containers of shampoo instead of the stuff in the shower dispensers?
Suite and Elite passengers get the upgraded amenities including 2oz tubes of lotion, shower gel and conditioning shampoo. On the last cruise we also got a tube of conditioner. The eucalyptus scented product was discontinued several years ago so there is less issue with the scent. All passengers should have a small bar of soap at the sink and larger bars of soap are available for the shower. Even though individual products are available, there are still dispensers of the shower gel and conditioning shampoo in the shower stall.

• 2 months later...

Yes you can play Host in your suite to any number of passengers (Princess likes to get more people exposed to the Suite life of course!).

Sminfiddle..does this mean on one night we can order dinner from the MDR for us and another couple and have it delivered to our room and eat on the balcony for free...vs doing the UBD?

Can you go to Share for the first night dinner in a suite?

Yes. Share is a "specialty" restaurant.

Sminfiddle..does this mean on one night we can order dinner from the MDR for us and another couple and have it delivered to our room and eat on the balcony for free...vs doing the UBD?

Yes. You can eat dinner every night in your suite, if you want. The biggest drawback is ALL the food is delivered at the same time and there's no microwave. :eek:

Yes. Share is a "specialty" restaurant.

Yes. You can eat dinner every night in your suite, if you want. The biggest drawback is ALL the food is delivered at the same time and there's no microwave. :eek:

Wow. ..interesting info...now to decide if the extra things that come with the UBD are worth it to pay or if we should just call and order for the 4 of us. ..I am assuming that it is delivered with the dome on top to keep it from cooling too fast

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Saw something on princess site that said the extended in room dining off the mdr was for suite passengers only..so I just wanted to verify that we could order dinner every night and have it brought to the suite for all 4 of us when only me and dh are actually in the suite? Are friends will be in the premium balcony connecting to our suite. Thought it would be nice to celebrate our anniversary with them in our suite and have private dinners in our room. ...

We have found that even though the entrees come with a metal cover, entrees still cool off while eating any appetizers/soup/salads you may have ordered. Also, if you order a soufflé or a frozen dessert you should order that separately although you could store a frozen dessert in the mini fridge. If we are in a suite again we will order starters, then entrees and then often dessert and we will tip for each delivery as we always do with room service.

We haven't ordered meals but we have ordered afternoon tea for four people served in our suite. Others have posted photos of meals with 6-8 people in a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

I think the those pics were the UBD.

That might have been the case but I have definitely seen photos of food from the MDR for 6-8 people and not a UBD. It was all delivered at one time and spread out on the dining table in an Owner's Suite. It was several years ago.

Saw something on princess site that said the extended in room dining off the mdr was for suite passengers only..so I just wanted to verify ...

Ditto what Inland Empire said. Given that you could order as many entrees for just the two of you as you wanted, it makes no difference. We've also had Afternoon Tea for 4 and no quibbles (there was more food for Tea than we could eat!).

And you can indeed stagger your orders for the courses, they even recommend ordering the souffles or ice cream with the right timing before you'd want it.

I think there is Room Service staff dedicated to suites (at least during normal meal times).

Enjoy!

PS please fix your location...

Edited by Ferd Berfle

Great thank you all. We are really looking forward to this. So are you saying we should place the order for each course or place just the dessert course separate? So new to all this pampering!

Ferd who was the fix location for me or another poster? I am using the app, but swore my location on the web posted as San Diego. ..

...we could order dinner every night and have it brought to the suite for all 4 of us when only me and dh are actually in the suite?

1. HI Cassandra!!!
  2. Yes, absolutely. Other replies about afternoon tea are correct as well. Order for as many as you want to host.
  3. Just think about what perfect MARKETING it is for Princess to allow Suite passengers to show off their suite as much as possible. You could host tea parties for 12 and breakfasts for 10 and dinners for 8, every day, and they will be more than delighted to enable you!

Wow. ..interesting info...now to decide if the extra things that come with the UBD are worth it to pay or if we should just call and order for the 4 of us.

The price of the UBD is exactly the total of the Photography item, the Florist item, the Champagne Split, the cocktail (and something else escaping my mind ATM.) Everything except the (fixed-menu) food. You can add it up. A Maitre d' told me that this is how they price the UBD, the Ultimate Ship's Tour, the Chef's Table and they write off the food/labor as a very effective Marketing expense.

What this means to your decision is, if there's any one item that doesn't thrill you, like getting two portraits and two bouquets, or the chosen food selections for UBD that day, it may be better to order MDR Dinner and stagger ordering dessert. We did an interesting customized UBD-for-5 by combining the UBD with some MDR items - so we could get some Beef Wellington and escargot at our UBD!!

Rick

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

1. HI Cassandra!!!
  2. Yes, absolutely. Other replies about afternoon tea are correct as well. Order for as many as you want to host.
  3. Just think about what perfect MARKETING it is for Princess to allow Suite passengers to show off their suite as much as possible. You could host tea parties for 12 and breakfasts for 10 and dinners for 8, every day, and they will be more than delighted to enable you!

The price of the UBD is exactly the total of the Photography item, the Florist item, the Champagne Split, the cocktail (and something else escaping my mind ATM.) Everything except the (fixed-menu) food. You can add it up. A Maitre d' told me that this is how they price the UBD, the Ultimate Ship's Tour, the Chef's Table and they write off the food/labor as a very effective Marketing expense.

What this means to your decision is, if there's any one item that doesn't thrill you, like getting two portraits and two bouquets, or the chosen food selections for UBD that day, it may be better to order MDR Dinner and stagger ordering dessert. We did an interesting customized UBD-for-5 by combining the UBD with some MDR items - so we could get some Beef Wellington and escargot at our UBD!!

Rick

Hi Rick...I thought that was you! All weekend I thought about your handle and thought it sounded familiar. I asked DH if he remembered the name and he too thought it was familiar. Never got on a proper computer to research my old threads. How funny, such a small world. How have you been?

Yeah that settles it we will be doing just normal dinner in our cabin except for 1 night we will dress as we are also going to renew our vows on that trip. So only need to pack 1 formal and no casual dinner wear...whoohoo! Which is good as we plan on doing this in Alaska and doing the land tour first so the less we have to pack for that the better since I know they split the luggage "meet at ship" and "follow me". We really don't need the flowers and we can take our own pics and possibly ask the waiter to take a group pic with our own camera. Only 1 in our group drinks and even she said she could just go to one of the bars and grab her cocktail or glass of wine for the dinner or if she brings wine aboard bring her own bottle over to drink vs spending the $100 for the drink and flowers and pic. We are really looking forward to a different type of cruise with a more intimate dining in our cabin with our good friends. yeah! :D

We are also going to do the UST but will probably do that on a different sailing...you know got to spread out all the neat things and not lump them all into one sailing!

We were in a suite for two weeks in Alaska and ate in our suite on formal nights. We had the filet and shrimp one night and the beef Wellington and lobster and prawns the other night each week. No packing for formal nights. We have also eaten in specialty restaurants on all formal nights. On other occasions I packed my tux and DW her fancy clothes and did up formal night properly.