Difference between Royal Carribbean and Carnival ?

We ated our time getting to Platinum on Carnival and then they cut benefits. I guess they are now cutting even more.

A big difference is the loyalty programs. Your goal should be to make Diamond on RCCL. The nightly cocktail hour with free drinks and hors d'oeuvres is amazing. Throw in the balcony discounts, free internet (if you play it smart), free pictures and the programs do not compare.

I highly suggest you do as we did and make your cruise investment in RCCL.

We ated our time getting to Platinum on Carnival and then they cut benefits. I guess they are now cutting even more.

A big difference is the loyalty programs. Your goal should be to make Diamond on RCCL. The nightly cocktail hour with free drinks and hors d'oeuvres is amazing. Throw in the balcony discounts, free internet (if you play it smart), free pictures and the programs do not compare.

I highly suggest you do as we did and make your cruise investment in RCCL.

Yeah the Diamond benefits were pretty awesome once we got there.

OP,

You don't mention what type of stateroom you have reserved. We have cruised on both lines in suites. The difference between the two as far as perks and amenities are amazing. Below (taken directly from the Royal Caribbean website) is what we enjoy on Royal Caribbean:

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests † staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

† Beginning May 2016, guests sailing in a suite aboard Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas or Quantum of the Seas will enjoy new benefits, visit Royal Suite Class to learn more.

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

There are many more reasons why we prefer RC over Carnival. I think you will see the differences for yourself. You might enjoy viewing my wife's website at the links below. Her slideshows are made from pictures she took on our cruises.

Happy cruising!

free internet (if you play it smart), free pictures I highly suggest you do as we did and make your cruise investment in RCCL.

I forgot the free/discounted Internet another perk from RCCL that CCL doesn't offer their loyal Platinums/Diamonds;)

I truly believe RCI's ships themselves are head and shoulders above Carnival ships; and once you reach Voyager class and larger Carnival has nothing to compare. Though Carnivals standard category rooms are better sized than Royals.

All depends on which RCCL ship vs. which Carnival ship.

Absolutely. We are RC fans. But I will take Carnival Breeze over anything less than Navigator class on RC. We love the royal promenade and bigger ships because they offer more activities and venues. Unless you ask new/certain size ship, you are going to get a large array of opinions which may or may not be relevant to what you want in cruising. Yes there are certain perks on boarding or a couple extra drinks, but I think it's more valuable to decide if you are a big or small ship type of person and figure out the best options from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by cindivan

Carnival steakhouses serve you a USDA Prime cut of beef.

Chops charges you extra on top of the 35.00 pp.

You'll have table cloths on the MDR all nights though ;). I still can't figure that big fuss out.

No requiring all adults in a cabin to buy the drink package on RC. Individual drinks are higher on RC though.

I have to say that I'm beside myself I'm so excited about my upcoming cruise on the improved Magic. It's been a long time and Carnival WAS my first love. I won't know what the have cutback just like you won't know what RC has cut back. They are all cutting back though.

Comparing ship to ship would be better than comparing lines IMO

Edited by ryano

I forgot the free/discounted Internet another perk from RCCL that CCL doesn't offer their loyal Platinums/Diamonds;)

Carnival now offers a 25.00 per cruise Social Internet package, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, all of the social apps. Compare that to RCCL 20.00 per day for one device, 140.00 vs 25.00 no brainier.

You can tell from my signature what cruise line I prefer. However I will be on Vision of The Seas out of Tampa on April 2nd. Then then next four are back at home on Carnival.

We're on that cruise as well! It will be our 12th on Royal, with our first cruise being on Carnival.

Carnival steakhouses serve you a USDA Prime cut of beef.

Chops charges you extra on top of the 35.00 pp.

Not quite correct, the up charge is for dry aged steaks, not Prime cuts. Big difference.

Carnival now offers a 25.00 per cruise Social Internet package, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, all of the social apps. Compare that to RCCL 20.00 per day for one device, 140.00 vs 25.00 no brainier.

Free internet for us on less than 7 days.

Since I don't do facebook or any of the other social apps

I guess it isn't worth anything for me but for those that use those that sounds like a good deal

As CCL Platinum I don't get any discount for reg internet

But on RCCL Diamond and above

we get free days of unlimited internet that I can check my emails and still be able to work if need be.

Night and day difference. I'm on the platinum for carnival as well and started sailing on RCCL. Much better ships and service. Clientele is also much better. Boarding also is way better than Carnival. I was on the Allure of the Seas recently and enjoyed the fast boarding time. Almost felt like I was a Platinum member again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while i have no idea what perks Carnival offers their frequent cruisers, on Royal you get a batch of discounts at shops and stuff, which is really no big deal.

But what you do get is

Discounts for booking balcony cabins. It increases with loyality level.

Extra points for suite cabins (including Jr suites)

a dedicated lounge for Diamond and above , that has free drinks for happy hour.

That lounge has a concierge who is your personal guest services person, generally no need to go to the guest services desk when the lounge is open.

Discounts on internet access, again the higher level, the more the discount. And that is per person. While the system does not allow you the combine your two discounts, the concierge may do it anyway.

As Diamond and above, you also get 3 free drinks per day loaded into your card (Seapass on royal) for use in all bars except the dining room.

BTW, I would call the internet access a work in progress. I was just on Oasis, and it was wonderful, i would say as good as my cable at home. Other ships, not so much. They are supposed to upgrade the other ships, we have yet to see how that works out.

Between/betwix RCL :NYSE and CCL / CUK :NYSE /LSE

Carnival Corp wins hands down with the Shareholder Benefit(s).

On a Ship Trip it is a personal choice .. as a Foodie I choose ALL of the Carnival Lines now.

I did favor / favour Celebrity until after RCL :NYSE then frrom Norway .

But now RCL :NYSE is so-so like NCL .. "A Jefferson Nickel and Roosevelt Dime line..":eek:

Between/betwix RCL :NYSE and CCL / CUK :NYSE /LSE

Carnival Corp wins hands down with the Shareholder Benefit(s).

On a Ship Trip it is a personal choice .. as a Foodie I choose ALL of the Carnival Lines now.

I did favor / favour Celebrity until after RCL :NYSE then frrom Norway .

But now RCL :NYSE is so-so like NCL .. "A Jefferson Nickel and Roosevelt Dime line..":eek:

Is this available with English subtitles?