FORMAL WEAR ON Princess REGAL CRUISE RULES

Free Spirit Karma

Hi,

I was told there will be formal wear.

I am going on Princess Regal Caribbean, March 20 to March 27

1) How many evenings of formal Wear? 1, 2, 3, ...7?

2) What is dress code for men

suit, or shirt and pant? tie?

3) Dress code for boys?

4) How strict are they?

(ie not shorts, no jeans?

5) Are they strict on shoes?

can you wear running shoes?

Sandles

Two scheduled formal nights on a seven night cruise, though you are free to be as dressy as you wish every night.

Many men still wear both suit or sportcoat and tie, though just one of jacket or tie is acceptable. Likely he will not be turned away from the dining room if wearing neither, though a long sleeve dress shirt would be the minimum acceptable. The main dining rooms are the only place that the formal dress code is expected, so you can dine as-you-are at all other venues on the ship.

For younger boys a long sleeve shirt and neat trousers should be fine.

Shorts are officially not permitted any night (formal or casual) in the main dining room. Neat and clean jeans are always fine.

Shoes are not really an issue with Princess. Whether or not "casual" open-toed shoes (flip-flop style with no straps on ankle or heel) are appropriate for ladies in the dining room has been a hot topic here in the past. Just wear what is comfortable to you; no one will notice sneakers or sandals even on formal nights.

Edited by fishywood

I would think that someone would wear running shoes with a suit ,or dress trousers only if they had trouble with their feet.

Wearing dress shoes may be uncomfortable for the person,so the comfort of running shoes would be an alternative.

At one time, I was dealing with nerve pain in my right heel.

I had to wear sneakers to work( walking shoes) with a heel cup to be relieve some of the pain while walking or standing.

My boss was not pleased with that fashion look- but at least I was able to be at work.

If there is no foot pain or discomfort, I would be reluctant to wear running shoes to the MDR or specialty restaurant for dinner,but that would be my decision.

Hi,

I was told there will be formal wear.

I am going on Princess Regal Caribbean, March 20 to March 27

1) How many evenings of formal Wear? 1, 2, 3, ...7?

2) What is dress code for men

suit, or shirt and pant? tie?

3) Dress code for boys?

4) How strict are they?

(ie not shorts, no jeans?

5) Are they strict on shoes?

can you wear running shoes?

Sandles

We were on the Regal Feb.7-21. I'll give some answers/suggestions

1)Probably 2 formal nights. They usually do formal on sea nights.

2)Tux/Suit & tie/Sport coat & tie/suit coat/sport coat no tie all acceptable

3)Pretty much the same as the men(within reason)Most of the kids were surprisingly better dressed than their parents on formal nights(showing off for the girls/boys etc.)

4)Anything goes during the day(again within reason!) NO SHORTS in the MDR!! You're fine in shorts, tank tops(yechh!)in the buffet.

5)Again during the day pretty much everything goes. At night(formal)decent shoes are the norm. I usually wear Timberland boat shoes at night. Very stylish they go well with everything but a tux/dark suit. Sandals, I guess if they are good quality & don't show the toes are ok. Real tough one on that. Sneakers are ok, but really don't go well with a suit. Hope this helps a bit. Have fun!

Two scheduled formal nights on a seven night cruise, though you are free to be as dressy as you wish every night.

Many men still wear both suit or sportcoat and tie, though just one of jacket or tie is acceptable. Likely he will not be turned away from the dining room if wearing neither, though a long sleeve dress shirt would be the minimum acceptable. The main dining rooms are the only place that the formal dress code is expected, so you can dine as-you-are at all other venues on the ship.

For younger boys a long sleeve shirt and neat trousers should be fine.

Shorts are officially not permitted any night (formal or casual) in the main dining room. Neat and clean jeans are always fine.

Shoes are not really an issue with Princess. Whether or not "casual" open-toed shoes (flip-flop style with no straps on ankle or heel) are appropriate for ladies in the dining room has been a hot topic here in the past. Just wear what is comfortable to you; no one will notice sneakers or sandals even on formal nights.

Agree.

Men on formal nights wear tux (few), suites, sport coats, no coat, long sleeved button up shirt and all with or without a tie. Jeans are not allowed (seen pax in jeans though) nor are shorts (saw those on last cruise on formal night). Shoes for men can be anything except flip flops. One thing I have noticed is ties disappearing even on men in suits.

Children can wear anything as simple as khaki pants and button up shirt on boys and some kind of dress on girls.

Women wear long dresses to very short dresses (saw younger woman on last cruise with dress that came down to mid upper thigh almost!).

Breakfast and lunch in the MDR, you can wear shorts, tshirt and flip flops just no swim suits.

Formal nights I wear khaki pants (dockers), long sleeved button shirt, no tie and athletic shoes. Non-formal nights I wear jeans (what we wear in the southwest), shirt with collar and sandals.

4)Anything goes during the day(again within reason!) NO SHORTS in the MDR!! You're fine in shorts, tank tops(yechh!)in the buffet.

Shorts are OK in the dining room at breakfast and at lunch. Never fine at dinner except for very little kids.

The sandals situation holds true for men as well. On our last cruise I ended up wearing my black "ecco" sandals on most nights due to a medical condition which caused my feet to swell so much that I couldn't wear my dress loafers. I just wore my dress socks with them and I was fine even on the formal nights.

not too strict for formal wear at MDR.

Very true. They may still have it in their "rules" but it is being enforced less and less over the time I have sailed Princess. As a test on my last cruise I wore a Mexican wedding shirt (look it up) on formal night and no one said a word about it.

We were on the Regal Feb.7-21. I'll give some answers/suggestions

1)Probably 2 formal nights. They usually do formal on sea nights.

2)Tux/Suit & tie/Sport coat & tie/suit coat/sport coat no tie all acceptable

3)Pretty much the same as the men(within reason)Most of the kids were surprisingly better dressed than their parents on formal nights(showing off for the girls/boys etc.)

5)Again during the day pretty much everything goes. At night(formal)decent shoes are the norm. I usually wear Timberland boat shoes at night. Very stylish they go well with everything but a tux/dark suit. Sandals, I guess if they are good quality & don't show the toes are ok. Real tough one on that. Sneakers are ok, but really don't go well with a suit. Hope this helps a bit. Have fun!

We are just off the Emerald. There are NO Rules regarding what one wears in the MDR for dinner. Every night, there were people entering the MDR in shorts and a T shirt - we're talking men. When I asked the head waiter, he said we are aware of the rules. And then more men entered the MDR wearing shorts and T's.

And then a guy entered the MDR wearing a bathing suit, flip flops and a t- shirt.

The bottom line is PRINCESS DOES NOT CARE.

2 formal nights and men do not have to wear a suit, pants and a polo will do.

Nice pair of pants and a polo has always worked. I also wear a black pair of running shoes for a bad hip. No one has gotten food wedged as I walk by. Some undergarments maybe but a little wiggle and they are able to resume life.

Very true. They may still have it in their "rules" but it is being enforced less and less over the time I have sailed Princess. As a test on my last cruise I wore a Mexican wedding shirt (look it up) on formal night and no one said a word about it.

That is considered Formal Wear in Mexico. Many countries have formal wear that consist of some sort of Shirt like garment.