Hopefully Live from the Caribbean Princess in the Caribbean March 20-30 2016

pkt1976

whooo hooo better connection today!I'm having a great time so far. The ship looks very nice for the most part. Some areas have wear but when you have thousands of people on everyday that happens. I'm constantly seeing people cleaning, varnishing and wiping things down. The layout on this ship is different than others.

I had the apricot pork the first night and the new flank steak last night. Last night was formal night and the menu wasn't what i expected. i didn't see anything i wanted so i went with the flank steak. I did the yes no game last night and almost won!! He didn't trip me up, i tripped myself up haha.

We have cruising along well and the seas are a bit bumpy so there are some people staying in their cabins. It's also been cool so not as many people on deck but it is warming as we get closer to the islands.

They have the Voice of the Ocean on this cruise and there are some very talented singers so i'll actually go again to watch.

There isn't too much of interest in the Patter today but i will do the balcony rest thing today and look forward to the ports!

Thanks for checking in. Sounds like you are having a good time.....:):):)

Bob

OMG! I get so excited when I see the Patters. Is it just me?

NO!! :D:D:D:D

Thanks for doing this live! Following along with you. We will on her in November and look forward to your opinions after seeing some negative ones.

So will we! I have read some negative reviews lately so I am looking forward to reading your Live From with my morning coffee. **Big Sigh**

The flank steak was fine. it wasn't the best i've had nor the worst. I liked my salmon and tri tip better but they are gone for now :(

the ship tour yesterday was a mess. I've never complained about a ship tour but it was so disorganized from the start it was ridiculous. I talked to shore ex and they said half the tour complained. I'll go into more detail when i get home.

I did a private tour with Moby Dick tours in Grand Cayman today to snorkel and see the stingrays. The snorkeling was ok. there were a lot of small fish. The sting rays were an awesome experience, even with my sting ray hickey :D if you feed them they suck HARD. she sucked my thumb into her mouth and i guess bit me when i pulled my thumb away so i have two marks. It was great though and i would book with Moby Dick tours if i came back here and would play with and pet them again.

The shows are great and are filling up with standing room only a lot. Tonight is a singer who won the entertainer award for Princess.

I'm going to 50's night in a bit then the stargazing later.

The patter is a bit light on activities and isn't what i experienced in the past. However, this ship only has 5 cruise staff at this time so it's good that they aren't being overwhelmed.

see ya'll tomorrow!

Did you get your dining issue resolved? Thanks for three live review. Enjoying it.

sort of. the website was wrong. the only fixed seating times were 5:15 5:30 and 8pm. There was no 6:30. Our group of 6 has the table to ourselves at 5:15. it's worked out fine, especially tonight as we were very hungry!!!

then the stargazing later.

Ah, my favourite thing, morning coffee and a good review thread.

I just wanted to ask you to come back and report know about the stargazing. DH and I are looking forward to that. There are so many stars at sea....:):):)

Hello all!

It sounds like it will be the same CD next cruise.

The stargazing was very nice. it was a bit cloudy but most of the start and Saturn were visible. Theo did the presentation with a mic and headsets and did a great job. it was a beautiful night.

Bodden tours in Roatan was awesome. The experience with the monkeys and other animals was incredible and i'd do it again. There is a lot of walking uphill and up stairs on the zipline course so you need to be in pretty good shape. After the zip line and animals, we were taken to Bananarama beach, which was beautiful. it was very busy because it was spring break but the water was perfect and the pizza was very good.

We came back late so went to the buffet for dinner last night. That's the first time I've ever eaten dinner at the buffet and it was good, but i prefer the dining room unless I'm late or in a hurry.

tonight is Italian night which isn't my favorite but i'm still starving so i'm sure i'll eat well.

today we did the Altun Ha and river cruise through Princess. That is what a tour should be. it was organized, thorough and fun. We haven't heard back from the shore ex department about the mess from Jamaica but hopefully soon.

tomorrow we are going to Maya Chan which i booked privately. I am sooo excited to go!

there is someone here going off on the internet manager because he didn't log out properly apparently and was charged for a lot of minutes. I haven't had any problems on the computer or my iphone.

Liar's club was last night and is a game show i never miss. last night was all cruise staff members and they were very funny.

the International Crew Show will be tonight so i'll be sure to check it out.

Edited by pkt1976

We're getting on the ship Weds. Wondering if formal attire is required in Crown Grill on formal nights? Trying to avoid all that extra clothing.....but one thread said they are starting to require it on formal nights as well. That would be very disappointing! If you can find out I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

My friends went to Crown Grill tonight and formal attire was not required.

I had an amazing Princess tour to the Cenotes and Turtle Bay. Our guide was Pepe from Cancun Adventures and he was one of the best guides i've had on the tours i've done.

Wondering if formal attire is required in Crown Grill on formal nights? Trying to avoid all that extra clothing.....but one thread said they are starting to require it on formal nights as well. That would be very disappointing!

I saw that thread, and even the poster said that it was something they saw once, "last fall," and no one has confirmed seeing a similar incident. Princess currently still asks passengers to observe the dress code "in Anytime and Traditional dining rooms."

Has the captain said anything about Galveston/Houston fog delaying debarkation tomorrow?

This ship tracking website shows the Caribbean Princess scheduled to arrive at 3:30 AM CDT (08:30 UTC) and currently sailing at 19.8 knots.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:371152/mmsi:310423000/vessel:CARIBBEAN%20PRINCESS

Their cruise terminal cam currently shows thick "pea soup" fog:

http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/live-cruise-terminal-cam/

This marine weather forecast shows visibility increasing to 6 miles later today & tomorrow and hopefully it's accurate. I have friends on the cruise arriving tomorrow who fly home the next day in case fog delays their arrival.

http://www.myweather2.com/Marine/Global-Ports/United-States-of-America/Houston.aspx

Edited by Astro Flyer

I am on tomorrow's (3/30/16) sailing. Princess just sent this Emergency Notification email:

POTENTIAL FOR DELAYED EMBARKATION

Please be advised that weather forecasts predict heavy fog for the Houston area tomorrow, which may delay Caribbean Princess' arrival and embarkation for your cruise.

Guests who reside locally or have ground transportation arrangements should call 866-246-6761 tomorrow morning at approximately 8:00 AM local (Houston) time for an update on the ship's progress before departing for the pier. If a delay is confirmed, the message will include revised check-in times.

Guests traveling to Houston via air should continue with their scheduled plans. Upon arrival at the airport, Princess Representatives will provide further updates. Guests on Cruise Plus Hotel Packages will receive instructions at their hotel. In the event of a delay, please be aware that there will be limited seating inside the terminal and guests may still be disembarking. As a result, the terminal will be closed until check-in begins at the revised times.

The captain announced the port of Houston is currently closed for fog. He will update us as he has more information. We booked a late flight for this reason so we will see what happens tonight

The Caribbean Princess has the new Princess mattress yet? I will be sailing her in about 2 weeks. Thank you.

We were on the Mar 20 cruise with pkt1976. Our cabin didn't have a new mattress and some friends complained that theirs was really bad. I don't think she is scheduled for them until next year.

Check your mattress as soon as you get to your cabin and grab a mattress topper (or 2) if it has deep holes in it. And request a top sheet if you don't want the used blanket up against you!

Good luck and have fun

ML

Edited by NoWhiners

Sailed on Caribbean on Feb 31st out of Houston. We had rooms E734/E735. Both rooms had new beds. Wife's now waiting till beds are released for sale to buy one for our daughters guest room.

Tim