single cruiser

rahrah50

We have a group of 5, so we need a Danube river cruise that has a single room, that doesn't charge a huge fee for a single. We really like AMA, but I am having trouble finding info on single cabins. Any help would be appreciated.....

AMA's newest ship, AmaStella, has 12 staterooms that can accommodate up to three family members each and six sets of adjoining cabins that can be connected via an internal doorway, accommodating families of up to five:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6879

And she sails the Danube!

AMA has waived the single supplements for many of their Europe sailings, in the lower categories. No need to search for a single room or restrict yourself to specific vessels.

A good TA can provide all of this information for you.

I have received emails from various lines with special sailings with the waived single supplement. Check the websites and sign up for email specials. You might not get AMA but maybe your second choice to try

Ditto this. We just got a notice from Uniworld about special sailings with waived single supplements.

I'm kind of surprised at the number of river cruise lines that offer reasonable prices to solo cruisers. That's how I took my first river cruise last year. I second the advice to not limit yourself to lines or ships with single cabins, and instead explore itineraries that reduce or eliminate the supplement.

Roz

Recently booked on AMA for 9 people so had to book a single cabin. For the lowest grade cabin it cost about £370 more than the price for one person for double cabin. This is a 7 night cruise. Hope this makes sense.