SanFrancisco

Birdieman1

We did the same in February last year. Taxi from Airport was about $50. We stayed at the Sheraton which was pretty central to everything at Fishermans Wharf. There is a Safeway across from the hotel for all the last minute items. Have a great trip

BART from the airport is about $10 per person and pretty easy to Market Street. Luggage isn't a problem, but don't do it anywhere near rush hour. Probably taxi is best from there to the port, or UBER.

Edited by ano
Addition

I am literally lying in bed at the Sheraton fisherman's wharf right now not sleeping becuase I'm too excited for our cruise to start! We landed at SFO last night about 630 pm. By the time we got out bags and out if the airport it was 7ish. Google maps told me bart to busline would be $ 11.20 per person and over an hour. Driving would be 40 mins. Uber app estimated $32-43 total. Traffic didn't seem too bad, so we took Uber and were at the hotel in under 40 mins for a total cost of $34. It was super easy and well worth the $12 extra dollars! But I agree that traffic can be atrocious, so check that before you pick one over the other.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi all! I would like to suggest trying Hotwire for hotel rooms. Hotwire has changed; they now tell you which hotel you will get about half the time. I got the Hyatt in Fisherman's Wharf April 24-27 for $146/ night. The price now is $261/nt. The Argonaut is currently there at $197/night ($246 regular price), the Hotel Zephyr for $163/night ($199 regular price), and the Wharf Inn for $120/night ($176 regular price). I've saved THOUSANDS over the years with Hotwire.

I travel to San Francisco for pleasure almost every year. Love staying down by the wharf. All the places suggested above are great. The Safeway is right there (wine and alcohol sold) and across the street is a Trader Joe's as well. My favorite place to stay is the Best Western Tuscan Inn but it is very pricy - but I am worth it and it's my vacation!

Transportation - you have been given many hints there as well. The taxi company - Yellow cab (I think) has just filed for bankruptcy. Uber is great, the Bart is wonderful, and the bus lines once in the city will get you anywhere. In the past, I have used a van service called Lorries. It only costs about $20/person but you are sandwiched into a van and they stop at all the hotels along the way to the wharf.

Getting to the port - If you stay down at the wharf, can walk okay, and have luggage with wheels, you could walk to the port from the hotels. Great exercise. I usually will walk from Pier 39 to the Ferry building (Pier one) just for the people watching and exercise. If not walking, I would use uber. Taxis, I have found, are hard to come by down there. They like to hang out in the financial district and airport.

Have a wonderful trip! It is my dream to sail under the bridge one day too! My mom roller skated over it before it was opened to the public, right after it was finished being built! It holds special memories for me!

Just to add: There are lots of hotels, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right in the Fisherman's Wharf area. When we were there we took a number of free walking tours offered by SF City Guides. They were very good. Look here: http://www.sfcityguides.org/. While they are free they ask for a donation at the end of the tour. The tea garden tour does require that you pay the tea garden admission.

Adding. . .

you can go to the Walgreens down by the wharf and get an all day pass (or multiple days) there that will allow you to ride the muni buses, the cable cars, and the F train. They have a credit card type pass that you can refill each time you want to use it so if you are planning on spending a day or two before and after, it might come in handy to have. The outs will take you from wharf to downtown and around. Only way to go when in SF!