Naples tour question

RGilmer53

I have been searching for a tour from Naples to Pompeii, climb Mt Vesuvius, and of Amalfi coast (or part!). Is this something that can be done first of all. We will be in port from 7AM to 8PM. I found several other combinations of a tour excursion but not this particularly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tour company that can do this itinerary?

You can ask any of the recommended private driver services to personalize an itinerary for you. What they offer on their websites are just some of the more popular combinations. If it is possible, time-wise (which I'm not sure of....) they can arrange it.

You have to keep in mind that it takes half an hour or so to get to Pompeii, then you probably will spend a minimum of two hours there. Getting to and climbing Vesuvius will take another similar chunk of time. And getting south to the actual Amalfi Coast (and back) also takes time.

It may be better to choose two of the three things you have in mind.

I have been searching for a tour from Naples to Pompeii, climb Mt Vesuvius, and of Amalfi coast (or part!). Is this something that can be done first of all. We will be in port from 7AM to 8PM. I found several other combinations of a tour excursion but not this particularly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tour company that can do this itinerary?

You could simply catch the Circumvesuviana commuter train from the basement of Naples' Cental Train Station right to Pompeii and spend the entire day exploring the ruins. There's plenty to see!

The Naples Train Station is quite a long walk from the cruise port. If you're not a walker, you could either take a taxi or city bus there. See http://NaplesItaly.ca

Have a great trip!

I agree its too much for one day. The drive to the Amalfi coast and back takes up 1-2 hours each way and the traffic coming back to the port is horrendous and we had a private driver/car each time.

We did this in the fall of 14 on the Regal and the fall of 15 on the Island.

You could simply catch the Circumvesuviana commuter train from the basement of Naples' Cental Train Station right to Pompeii and spend the entire day exploring the ruins. There's plenty to see!

The Naples Train Station is quite a long walk from the cruise port. If you're not a walker, you could either take a taxi or city bus there. See http://NaplesItaly.ca

Have a great trip!

You can take the tram from the cruise port to Porta Nolana - no need to go to Girabaldi. Porta Nolana is the terminus for the Circumvesuviana. The tram is on the main street (via Cristoforo Colombo) directly in front of the Marittima Cruise port & the ride takes less than 5 minutes - get off at the first stop after you turn left onto Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi - reverse on your return to port.

Edited by dogs4fun

We are interested in seeing the Amalfi coast, Positano, and Pompeii. If time, we would like to go to Sorrento too. Has anyone used CBM tours out of Naples? They are rated highly on Trip Advisor. Thanks for any feedback!

Lauren :)

On our first cruise trip to Napoli we jumped on train to Sorrento & walked around a bit, then another train back to Pompeii for about 3 hours & then train back to the city where we walked around some more & had a pizza. This was a great day, but took up all day also. I would suggest skipping Mt.Vesuvius unless that is a must for you. You will definitely see it from anywhere in naples anyway & many areas behind the downtown area still have smoke & steam coming out from underground springs that are very visible.

There will also be many cabs at the port who will take you on tours you can organise & negotiate right there at the port.