Captain Circle Host

Todd320

To ask any questions you have about the program. On our last cruise, a b2b booked as one cruise, I visited to verify that I would get a second internet credit and that any minutes remaining at the end of the first leg would carry over.

I have only talked to the circle host one time and that was to report a safety issue that occurred in the terminal when we checked in. Part of my career was spent as a industrial safety officer so I notice safety issues.

To ask any questions you have about the program. On our last cruise, a b2b booked as one cruise, I visited to verify that I would get a second internet credit and that any minutes remaining at the end of the first leg would carry over.

Ditto that. Plus, we got our Elite pins from the CC rep on our Elite level quailing cruise. It was the only time that we have ever gotten a Captain's Circle loyalty level pin. :D

Of course now I have no idea where my pin is, let alone what I would do with it even if I could find it.......:rolleyes:

The Captains Circle Host is the only one in the office department of the ship that has a direct phone link to head office Other problems financial or otherwise can only be passed by the Customers service desk to the office and then it goes around and about before you get a reply (if you do)

The Captains Circle host can get an answer immediately or within half an hour

I have had reason to thank the host more than twice for their work after trying the customer services desk for 8 days first

Shogun - Why not go to Passenger Services Manager or Customer Services Director. Or Call Head Office Direct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with Shogun - JMO...but way better off going to Passenger Services for help regardless of Princess Loyalty Level. Only had 2 times when I thought it better to ask CC rep - both times I was wrong - no CCR help - but a trip back to PS promptly resolved our issues.

We were upgraded once the day before our cruise and none of our elite benefits, invites, etc followed us to our new room so we were instructed to go to the Captain's Circle Host to request having everything sent to our new room.

We've noticed people that wait in line to just go chat about their status -- oftentimes taking very valuable time from other passengers. If you have an issue or even a concern, or if there is no line, no problem there. But if you are just going to go introduce yourself as an elite passenger for some type of recognition, please consider all those other passengers that are waiting in line with a valid reason to be there. We've been there before -- it can be frustrating.

Why not go to Passenger Services Manager or Customer Services Director,

Or Call Head Office Direct

yours Shogun

Sometimes Guest Services will not let you take concerns up the flagpole directly to a Manager/Director but instead will take a short report and tell you you may receive a phone call from the appropriate party. This is what happened last week to my wife when she had an issue with the Sanctuary. She did receive a phone call from the Food & Beverage Director (you know the guy pictured on the wall along with the Captain and staff) later that day.

However, the above concern is not why I started this thread. I wanted to know what the Captains Circle Host could do for us and to make sure we were not wasting a resource.

I want to thank everybody for their responses.

Hi

I do not have a very high option of guest services, often folks have no clue about ships layout or how things work onboard, as soon as there is a good one they get moved into back office,

once on a TA things were really bad with brand new staff manning the desk,

result was unhappy passengers, a few of them were friends and asked if I knew

what could be done, I gave them names of supervisor, head of house keeping etc, things got fixed but these folks told others result was one day while in atrium queue to see me was longer that at front desk,

now this got brought to senior crews attention and things at desk improved, but also reached a senior vp at head office, I got a very nice letter saying sorry that my own cruise had been disrupted by fellow passengers .

You do not need to years of experience in the hotel trade to know that if you have employees on their first days at work not to put them all together with out an experienced person to assist and train.

yours Shogun

Hi Windsor26,

Why not go to Passenger Services Manager or Customer Services Director,

Or Call Head Office Direct

yours Shogun

Did that (s anyone would) got no where then asked Captains Circle host and got IMMEDIATE action so now I do not waste time especially for financial problems like missing obc

In our case we had to work with the Captain's Circle host to change this practice of providing minutes per segment, as two segments gave us 100 less minutes than counting the trip as one cruise (which is what we booked).

Shogun -- Internet person would not fix it without authorization from Captain's Circle Host -- so that was the person we had to "go straight to". It was a pain but that was how it had to be done. Guess we could have gone to the Captain but figured this was a better option.

Edited by snowskier