Southern Caribbean video

calidreamer

A quick video from Puerto Rico and Southern Caribbean cruise aboard carnival Liberty (Jan 17-24).

I loved the itinerary and would go back in a heartbeat ( but not on Fascination though ;) )

[YOUTUBE]d4Eg3UpQtkk[/YOUTUBE]

Our Excursions:

St. Thomas - we rented a car and drove around the island with stops at Paradise Point, Mountain Top, Drake Seat, Coki and Shappire Beach.

Barbados - Boatyard

St. Lucia - Spencer Ambrose Land, Sea & Beach Adventure - I highly recommend it

St. Kitts - - I really haven't planned anything beforehand so we went with Beulah Mills (Welcome Tours). Really interesting and definitely worth the price.

St. Martin - we took a bus to Maho Beach

Puerto Rico:

Toro Verde - Awesome zipelines and great crew.

El Yunque - definitely worth a visit but I would recommend to go really early in the morning to beat the crowds.

I really wanted to do the Biobay - that was the main reason I wanted to go to PR and it was the first thing I booked (choosing the darkest night of the month) but unfortunately I got a call that there is not much glow just couple sparks here and there, so we passed on it this time.

Awesome Video, brought back so many memories! Did this Itinerary two years ago on the Valor and loved it. if you get bored and want to read something, check out my review (link in my signature). Might find it interesting since you did a lot of the same things. Again, thanks for posting!!

A quick video from Puerto Rico and Southern Caribbean cruise aboard carnival Liberty (Jan 17-24).

I loved the itinerary and would go back in a heartbeat ( but not on Fascination though ;) )

I was booked on the Liberty for Dec. 12 and had to postpone it. Now going on the Fascination in a balcony. Either way, either ship, the ports are intense.

My question is the comment on the Fascination. Have you ever been on that class? I looked at the Liberty and if greasy burgers at 5 guys or ( 2 bars with fancy names)and whatever else they call 2.0 is an attraction go for it. I can have fun on either ship. Do you really think you are getting more by a bigger ship? Liberty is hardly much of an upgrade compared to LARGE/NEWER ships.

If that is the case you should've been on the Adventure of the Seas with ice rinks and beautiful atrium's.

Awesome Video, brought back so many memories! Did this Itinerary two years ago on the Valor and loved it. if you get bored and want to read something, check out my review (link in my signature). Might find it interesting since you did a lot of the same things. Again, thanks for posting!!

I did study yours & pghsteelerfan reviews very carefully before the cruise. Both help me a lot! Thank You for posting them

I love these kinds of videos! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a blast! :)

Thank You! I sure did, it was an awesome cruise with amazing ports.

I was booked on the Liberty for Dec. 12 and had to postpone it. Now going on the Fascination in a balcony. Either way, either ship, the ports are intense.

My question is the comment on the Fascination. Have you ever been on that class? I looked at the Liberty and if greasy burgers at 5 guys or ( 2 bars with fancy names)and whatever else they call 2.0 is an attraction go for it. I can have fun on either ship. Do you really think you are getting more by a bigger ship? Liberty is hardly much of an upgrade compared to LARGE/NEWER ships.

If that is the case you should've been on the Adventure of the Seas with ice rinks and beautiful atrium's.

I don't really complain much, and don't care a lot about ships - more about ports, but long story short - I was on Fascination in Feb out of Jacksonville and I didn't like a lot about it. We had an oceanview room which was half the size of the same room on conquest class. The restroom was very, very smelly, I mean it was hard to spend there more then 3 minutes. It was disgusting. They "tried" to fix it, for couple days with no luck. Overall I think like other ships were much, much cleaner.

As we booked last minute we were wait-listed and got "your time dining". Two of of 5 nights the hostesses totally forgot about us ( and several other people) They gave us beepers, send us to the library and I guess discard the waiting list.

Small things, but lack of hair dryer or fridge in a room is a big minus.

We had amazing staff on our previous cruises, but here I felt like they hated their job, nobody cared, no one was smiling.

I really hope your experience will be much better then mine.