Question for VETERAN Panama Canal cruisers

fb0075

Just came thru the canal last week on Azamara and on the Marina end of April doing it again--Had a starboard balcony on AZ--and the same on the Marina but can move to Portside ---any noticeable differences?

THANKS FRANK

ps understand going up on decks --have done that also so just ionterested in sitting on balcony

Edited by fb0075

Maybe this helps:

Near the Pacific, the skyline of Panama City becomes visible and in the Atlantic, there are crocodiles lounging at the shore of the Colon side right after leaving the lock to go into the Caribbean. Both are on the same side of the ship. This is my favorite side. The new lock construction, however, is on the other side near the Pacific.

Saying starboard or port doesn't really apply because I don't know in which direction your ship is headed.

Had a starboard balcony on AZ--and the same on the Marina but can move to Portside ---any noticeable differences?

As noted above, you'll need to tell us in which direction you are sailing, in order to get a proper response to this.

That said, 80% of the information will involve the Sun and whether you want it on your Veranda, and if so, at what time of day? :D

Depending on your direction, I would choose the side that will get the most shade ... especially in the afternoon. It will be hot either way, but afternoons tend to be worse IMHO. If you don't care about how much sun the veranda gets, another consideration, since you've been through before, I'd go with the opposite side of the ship for the second time around.

Hi Frank,

I think we are on the same cruise - Lima to NYC? If so we are going west to east. It was hot and humid during our entire crossing last year on the Regatta. Found that the best place to be was Horizons for the ac.

Hi Frank,

I think we are on the same cruise - Lima to NYC? If so we are going west to east. It was hot and humid during our entire crossing last year on the Regatta. Found that the best place to be was Horizons for the ac.

Hey Betty

we are!!!

Actually we are going north thru the canal :)

cya onboard

frank