ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

Is your cruise contract different in the UK from the one in the US?

Royals cruise contracts are not the same Worldwide. But if you pay Royal for the cruise you are dealing with a US credit card merchant account and under the rules for that account. Also if you read the contract it says all disputes will that result in court action will be settled in Miami Florida.

From the Royal standard website contract (Worldwide)

GOVERNING LAW

The Company is headquartered in Miami, Florida U.S.A., and most of the Company Websites reside on servers in Miami-Dade County or Broward County, Florida U.S.A. You agree that these terms of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.

You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in, and agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in, the state or federal courts located in Dade County, Florida. You hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties.

You can get around these terms sometimes but not easy.

Sorry

Is your cruise contract different in the UK from the one in the US?

Yes, but nowhere in the contract does it say that on Quantum class ships you will get menu x in venue y. And it also says that virtually everything is subject to change at RCI's discretion, similar to the US one.

We are scheduled to sail Anthem in May. Today I received an email from Royal about dining which said:

"During your cruise vacation, you'll have the opportunity to taste new things and enjoy some favorites as well. As a convenience to you, our valued guest, you can explore the possibilities with our Countdown to Cruise online planning tool. With Royal Caribbean International®, you'll be able to take part in our traditional dining experience or choose from our dining experiences:

- Sign up for My Time Dining. Enjoy the comforts of the dining room at the time you choose. Once you've signed up, you can either reserve your dining times for your cruise vacation online or visit the Maitre'd once onboard.

- Traveling with children? Take advantage of My Family Time Dining, which provides a 40 minute dinner experience, after which our Adventure Ocean counselors will take the kids to our award winning Adventure Ocean area, leaving time for you, the parents, to enjoy dinner and dessert. My Family Time Dining is only available for 6:00 pm seating only.

- We also offer a wide selection beverage packages including wine packages, fountain soda packages and even bottled juice and water packages delivered to your stateroom for your convenience.

To learn more about these options and other tips and reminders, visit Countdown to Cruise, our online planning tool, at http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/countdowntocruise or call us at 1-866-562-7625 (United States and Canada). For our international contact information, please visit us at http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/contactus.

Thanks for choosing Royal Caribbean International."

The reference to My Time Dining sounds like they are making a change. However, I just looked online and you can still make reservations at the various restaurants. Have they been using this email all along - or did they previously have one that used the term Dynamic Dining?

Count me among those that will be disappointed if it changes.

... The reference to My Time Dining sounds like they are making a change. However, I just looked online and you can still make reservations at the various restaurants. Have they been using this email all along - or did they previously have one that used the term Dynamic Dining?

I've not seen any reports of this email on Anthem cruises. Looks like their email is out of sync with the website.

So if you are going in May, then had you already made your dining reservations and they all got cancelled? I have Dynamic Dining Choice for my cruise in June so I wonder what will happen to my reservations? This whole thing confuses me:confused:

We chose classic, and wanted early seating because when we took our first (AND IT WILL BE THE LAST EVER) cruise with Carnival, we wanted early dining but they stuck us on LATE instead abd at a table just the two of us - the opposite of what we wanted, and I was dying every single night because we were eating so late.

It'll be traditional classic for us from now on (it BETTER be that way).

Other than that, I've heard that the cruise lines are having problems doing BOTH classic/dynamic dining. I don't think RCL can handle the logistics with both.

So if you are going in May, then had you already made your dining reservations and they all got cancelled? I have Dynamic Dining Choice for my cruise in June so I wonder what will happen to my reservations? This whole thing confuses me:confused:

I had only made one dining reservation. We prefer to just show up when we are ready for dinner (rather than having a set time). We don't mind a bit of a wait and have had success with this plan on previous cruises. The one reservation that I had pre-booked is currently still showing. So - who knows!

The reference to My Time Dining sounds like they are making a change. However, I just looked online and you can still make reservations at the various restaurants. Have they been using this email all along - or did they previously have one that used the term Dynamic Dining.

That sounds like a canned e-mail that would work for most of the fleet - their web site and e-mails are sometimes the last to be updated to the reality on he ship.

We are scheduled to sail Anthem in May.

The reference to My Time Dining sounds like they are making a change. However, I just looked online and you can still make reservations at the various restaurants. Have they been using this email all along - or did they previously have one that used the term Dynamic Dining?

We are sailing May 5th. We haven't heard anything yet. All our dinning reservations are still as we planned them.

Sounds like they are doing away with DD. No mention of it in the email they sent you, they refer to MTD.

Also, they only mention "you can enjoy dinner the comforts of the dinning room at any time you choose" suggesting to me we will be assigned one dinning room.

My family too was looking forward to dinning in a different venue every night. We were lucky enough to experience it on the Quantum last year and loved it. That is why we booked the Anthem....to experience a different dinning venues every night.

What a bummer if DD is truly taken DD away.

Royals cruise contracts are not the same Worldwide. But if you pay Royal for the cruise you are dealing with a US credit card merchant account and under the rules for that account. Also if you read the contract it says all disputes will that result in court action will be settled in Miami Florida.

From the Royal standard website contract (Worldwide)

GOVERNING LAW

The Company is headquartered in Miami, Florida U.S.A., and most of the Company Websites reside on servers in Miami-Dade County or Broward County, Florida U.S.A. You agree that these terms of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.

You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in, and agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in, the state or federal courts located in Dade County, Florida. You hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties.

You can get around these terms sometimes but not easy.

Sorry

RCL Cruises Ltd is who my booking is with, a UK based company who is wholly owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, and as such has to abide by UK and European consumer rights laws. A majority of the advertising for Q class revolves around Dynamic Dining, and such not providing it would be a major change to the ADVERTISED product.

Come on guys. Don't lose sleep over this. I will take what ever they give me and if I don't like it then I will pay the couple of bucks it is for Chops or Jamies or whatever. Regardless you will not go hungry and you will still have a great time. After all that is why we cruise. The drinks will be fine and plentiful, the shows will suck but we will still have a great time.

RCL Cruises Ltd is who my booking is with, a UK based company who is wholly owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, and as such has to abide by UK and European consumer rights laws. A majority of the advertising for Q class revolves around Dynamic Dining, and such not providing it would be a major change to the ADVERTISED product.

I don't know of any ad that details the menu entries for DD. As such, they could still call it DD and give you the rest of the fleet menu. They may lure in folks with the advertising but none of that really matters since the ticket contract supersedes everything.

FYI -this is what RCI advertises as a major change:

A significant change is a change to your confirmed holiday, which we can reasonably expect will have a significant effect on it.

Examples of significant and minor (defined below) changes are as follows: Significant change: Examples include a change from

two days’ port of calls to two days sailing instead; a change in UK departure airport (excluding changes between local airports)

and a change in the time of your outbound flight by more than 12 hours on a 14 night holiday. Minor change: Examples include

a change from one port of call to another; a change from one day’s port of call to one day sailing; a change in timings for any

port(s) of call but the ship still calls at all confirmed ports; a change in order of ports that are visited and a change in the time

of your departure that is less than 12 hours on a 14 night holiday. Very rarely, we may be forced by ‘force majeure’ (see section

5.10) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely

unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our

suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.

BTW, this is what the booking conditions FAQ says about DD:

On Quantum class ships, we now offer our new Dynamic Dining experience which encompasses 18 unique dining venues. Some

complimentary and some for a cover charge. The Main Dining Room has been re-imagined as five main restaurants, each with

their own menu and ambiance.

Edited by Biker19

I don't know of any ad that details the menu entries for DD. As such, they could still call it DD and give you the rest of the fleet menu. They may lure in folks with the advertising but none of that really matters since the ticket contract supersedes everything.

FYI -this is what RCI advertises as a major change:

A significant change is a change to your confirmed holiday, which we can reasonably expect will have a significant effect on it.

Examples of significant and minor (defined below) changes are as follows: Significant change: Examples include a change from

two days’ port of calls to two days sailing instead; a change in UK departure airport (excluding changes between local airports)

and a change in the time of your outbound flight by more than 12 hours on a 14 night holiday. Minor change: Examples include

a change from one port of call to another; a change from one day’s port of call to one day sailing; a change in timings for any

port(s) of call but the ship still calls at all confirmed ports; a change in order of ports that are visited and a change in the time

of your departure that is less than 12 hours on a 14 night holiday. Very rarely, we may be forced by ‘force majeure’ (see section

5.10) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely

unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our

suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.

BTW, this is what the booking conditions FAQ says about DD:

On Quantum class ships, we now offer our new Dynamic Dining experience which encompasses 18 unique dining venues. Some

complimentary and some for a cover charge. The Main Dining Room has been re-imagined as five main restaurants, each with

their own menu and ambiance.

Firstly, I'm not on about menu entries, I'm on about the concept as a whole, the entire Anthem of the Seas site has a whole section on dining which is classed as advertising. The UK brochure also has a section on dining aboard Anthem.

Either way, the dining changes represent a significant part of the holiday, for Royal to change this upon people is poor, and as such I won't be very happy after shelling multiple thousands of pounds for them to just change things like that.

You can quote the booking terms and conditions all you like but they will have tactical discounts/goodwill gestures lined up for this circumstance. It won't be given to everyone, it will be given to those who make a point.

I chose Anthem based on my like of Dynamic Dining on Quantum, to change it so vastly I'm not very happy.

Firstly, I'm not on about menu entries, I'm on about the concept as a whole, the entire Anthem of the Seas site has a whole section on dining which is classed as advertising. The UK brochure also has a section on dining aboard Anthem.

Either way, the dining changes represent a significant part of the holiday, for Royal to change this upon people is poor, and as such I won't be very happy after shelling multiple thousands of pounds for them to just change things like that.

You can quote the booking terms and conditions all you like but they will have tactical discounts/goodwill gestures lined up for this circumstance. It won't be given to everyone, it will be given to those who make a point.

I chose Anthem based on my like of Dynamic Dining on Quantum, to change it so vastly I'm not very happy.

Well said and I totally agree. I booked the Anthem based on the DD we experienced on the Quantum. Changing that dinning experience is significant to me, part of what I purchased will not be there. I liked the idea of eating in a different venue every night.

I am not looking for OBC, I want the cruise experience I paid for....all the other unique offerings (i.e. Bumper Cars, I-fly etc) the Anthem offers is not of interest to me. Since we sail in four weeks cancelling is not on option.

Well said and I totally agree. I booked the Anthem based on the DD we experienced on the Quantum. Changing that dinning experience is significant to me, part of what I purchased will not be there. I liked the idea of eating in a different venue every night.

I am not looking for OBC, I want the cruise experience I paid for....all the other unique offerings (i.e. Bumper Cars, I-fly etc) the Anthem offers is not of interest to me. Since we sail in four weeks cancelling is not on option.

Unfortunately cancelling isn't an option for me when there's another £3000 worth of non-refundable flights paid for.

And the UK law is meaningless in this case as the servers and credit card processing is all United States. In these case booking on the UK site will not help you. The terms you agreed too, game over.

"The Company is headquartered in Miami, Florida U.S.A., and most of the Company Websites reside on servers in Miami-Dade County or Broward County, Florida U.S.A. You agree that these terms of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. "

Edited by Expat Cruise

And the UK law is meanings in this case as the servers and credit card processing is all United States. In these case booking on the UK site will not help you. The terms you agreed too, game over.

"The Company is headquartered in Miami, Florida U.S.A., and most of the Company Websites reside on servers in Miami-Dade County or Broward County, Florida U.S.A. You agree that these terms of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. "

444a5165bced5c88fbf4135656956347.jpg

Actually no. RCL Cruises Ltd is headquartered in Surrey in the United Kingdom, and that's who I pay, not its owner, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd who you are right is headquartered in Florida, but that's not who UK customers pay. UK customers pay the UK subsidiary through their UK payment processor.

444a5165bced5c88fbf4135656956347.jpg

Actually no. RCL Cruises Ltd is headquartered in Surrey in the United Kingdom, and that's who I pay, not its owner, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd who you are right is headquartered in Florida, but that's not who UK customers pay. UK customers pay the UK subsidiary through their UK payment processor.

All royal credit card operations Worldwide are handled through the US. But go ahead try to fight it and you will waste your time.

All royal credit card operations Worldwide are handled through the US. But go ahead try to fight it and you will waste your time.

Okay well you are arguing with my bank statement that has a transaction to RCL Cruises Ltd in Weybridge, England.

Okay well you are arguing with my bank statement that has a transaction to RCL Cruises Ltd in Weybridge, England.

Yes that is the name and company Royal uses in England, but they process through the US account, and if you used the Royal website in any way it was through services located within the United States under US Law.

Yes that is the name and company Royal uses in England, but they process through the US account, and if you used the Royal website in any way it was through services located within the United States under US Law.

0b301d418ad76091ab624f666ea8831b.jpg

"The contract between us is governed by English law"

Sorry, but until anyone can say when they will release an official statement or provide a link to a press release on their webpage, I'm remaining skeptical, and it has nothing to do with me thinking it's for April Fools.

I'm gonna' go with Patti on this one. It's been my experience where she sees smoke there's usually a fire. Just my humble opinion.