Disney Fantasy with engine issues again right now?!

dcdozer

I returned from the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy that returned on 3/5/16. Great trip. So I've been compulsively tracking the ship's location on marinetraffic.com, and it looks like the current Western Caribbean cruise has skipped Jamaica and is headed straight to Castaway Cay from Grand Cayman. It's also travelling at around 13 knots, so is it having engine problems again?

I returned from the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy that returned on 3/5/16. Great trip. So I've been compulsively tracking the ship's location on marinetraffic.com, and it looks like the current Western Caribbean cruise has skipped Jamaica and is headed straight to Castaway Cay from Grand Cayman. It's also travelling at around 13 knots, so is it having engine problems again?

The current Fantasy cruise is one of the Star Wars cruises. It doesn't go to Jamaica, I believe.

Current Itinerary

7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral with Star Wars Day at Sea

Sat 3/19 Port Canaveral

Sun 3/20 At Sea

Mon 3/21 Cozumel

Tue 3/22 Grand Cayman

Wed 3/23 At Sea

Thu 3/24 At Sea

Fri 3/25 Castaway Cay

Edited by Shmoo here

The current Fantasy cruise is one of the Star Wars cruises. It doesn't go to Jamaica, I believe.

Current Itinerary

Sat 3/19 Port Canaveral

Sun 3/20 At Sea

Mon 3/21 Cozumel

Tue 3/22 Grand Cayman

Wed 3/23 At Sea

Thu 3/24 At Sea

Fri 3/25 Castaway Cay

Well that would explain it! Interesting - I booked a cruise for March 2017 that has now been changed to a Star Wars day at sea cruise, yet still lists a port stop in Jamaica. You think they will drop the Jamaica stop?

Edited by dcdozer

Well that would explain it! Interesting - I booked a cruise for March 2017 that has now been changed to a Star Wars day at sea cruise, yet still lists a port stop in Jamaica. You think they will drop the Jamaica stop?

I couldn't say. I'm not sure whether Jamaica was ever on those (this year) Star Wars cruises or not. If so, I suppose it's a possibility that it may be dropped again. Or not. Maybe the original thought was they needed more time for the Star Wars activities that day/evening, and they've found out that's not necessarily true.

You can only wait and see.

I'd say unlikely if they are selling a cruise as visiting Falmouth.

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard

1 Port Canaveral, Florida - 3:45 PM

2 At Sea - -

3 Cozumel, Mexico 8:30 AM 4:45 PM

4 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands* 10:30 AM 5:30 PM

5 Falmouth, Jamaica 7:30 AM 4:45 PM

6 At Sea - -

7 Disney Castaway Cay 8:30 AM 4:45 PM

8 Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 AM

ex techie

I am on the ship right now. No engine issues. As other said its a Star Wars cruise so no Jamaica. Were only going 12-13 knots because we have 2 days at sea. Prior to this we were going 20 knots a good part of the way to Cozumel and then to Grand Cayman.

I am on the ship right now. No engine issues. As other said its a Star Wars cruise so no Jamaica. Were only going 12-13 knots because we have 2 days at sea. Prior to this we were going 20 knots a good part of the way to Cozumel and then to Grand Cayman.

Do you know if Jamaica was ever part of the original itinerary? Before the cruise became Star Wars.

It all makes sense - I was just thrown off since I just booked (while on board a few weeks ago) the Western Caribbean itinerary, and it also has a Star Wars day, but still lists a stop at Falmouth.

I wish I was on the ship right now...but that was one of the fastest weeks of my life!

Edited by dcdozer

From what I know the normal western route includes falmouth, but all of the Star Wars cruises they are not stopping at Falmouth. That was definitely planned as there is merchandise like shirts that show the ships schedule and day 4 was printed as Star Wars Day at Sea.

I cant recall if the schedule for this spring was announced before they added Star Wars or not - so I don't know if at one point the cruise was listed with the normal itinerary or not.

From what I know the normal western route includes falmouth, but all of the Star Wars cruises they are not stopping at Falmouth. That was definitely planned as there is merchandise like shirts that show the ships schedule and day 4 was printed as Star Wars Day at Sea.

I cant recall if the schedule for this spring was announced before they added Star Wars or not - so I don't know if at one point the cruise was listed with the normal itinerary or not.

I don't recall if Jamaica was or was not on the original itineraries, but I do know the Star Wars cruises were announced in Feb 2015, and the Spring 2016 itineraries were released at the end of Oct 2014.

Edited by Shmoo here

Current Itinerary

Sat 3/19 Port Canaveral

Sun 3/20 At Sea

Mon 3/21 Cozumel

Tue 3/22 Grand Cayman

Wed 3/23 At Sea

Thu 3/24 At Sea

Fri 3/25 Castaway Cay

The Kessel Run doesn't stop in Jamaica.