Maasdam diningroom seating

baxley

While dining I would love to be seated by one of those large windows. Could anyone tell me how many people sit at the tables by the windows so we could ask for one of them? I think we asked for a table for 6-8 people, but I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the room. Thanks.

While dining I would love to be seated by one of those large windows. Could anyone tell me how many people sit at the tables by the windows so we could ask for one of them? I think we asked for a table for 6-8 people, but I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the room. Thanks.

Check http://www.halfacts.com it shows the dining room layout for all ships including the table sizes.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I looked at the diagram for the Eurodam and the table we had all week for 2 in June of 15 appears to be a 6 top. It was one of several that I think had been six and switched to 2 2-top tables. while I seriously doubt the round tables will change it does appear that some of the rectangular tables might have been changed with more requests for private tables.

So I looked at the diagram for the Eurodam and the table we had all week for 2 in June of 15 appears to be a 6 top. It was one of several that I think had been six and switched to 2 2-top tables. while I seriously doubt the round tables will change it does appear that some of the rectangular tables might have been changed with more requests for private tables.

the maps for the MDR's on the above-mentioned site are correct.

However, the ships can change the seating plans if they have a lot of requests for two tops (or other sized tables). There is only so much they can change but they certainly have the ability and manoueverability to do it.

Could someone tell me which dining room, upper or lower, is for anytime dining on the Maasdam? How difficult is it to get a table for two? We are early diners and traditional first seating is full.

It's usually lower and if you would like a table for two talk to the repr. at the stand and book in advance, should not be a problem.

Good luck

It's usually lower and if you would like a table for two talk to the repr. at the stand and book in advance, should not be a problem.

Good luck

This is good advice, but some of the tables for two are like having a table for four - they are very close together!

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, nice to have responses from those in the know. When should we talk to the "repr," when we enter the dining room? At the beginning of the cruise can we request a table for two for the duration of the cruise?

They are mostly tables for 4 people by the window.

Could someone tell me which dining room, upper or lower, is for anytime dining on the Maasdam? How difficult is it to get a table for two? We are early diners and traditional first seating is full.

It is usually lower and was lower last year on Maasdam.

There are times when the come when you want seating in Lower Level is busy or they don't have the table size someone requested. I have seen the Asst. Dining Room Managers lead people to the upper level when he knows there are available tables. If someone goes to Pinnacle, their table may be given to come when you want guests.

If you look at the Lower DR layout on halfacts most tables are for 6?

IMO and from our experience with fixed seating over the years, tables of 6 are optimum IF you are to be seated with people you do not know and will be meeting for the first time. Tables of 8 do not allow for good conversation and a table for 4 can be iffy as in our first cruise when we got seated with a couple who where having a marital dispute and with whom we had absolutely nothing in common.

IMO and from our experience with fixed seating over the years, tables of 6 are optimum IF you are to be seated with people you do not know and will be meeting for the first time. Tables of 8 do not allow for good conversation and a table for 4 can be iffy as in our first cruise when we got seated with a couple who where having a marital dispute and with whom we had absolutely nothing in common.

Sorry I was merely commenting that there are tables for six along the windows not to what happens with those sitting at various sized tables although I agree with your analogy as we have witnessed the same issue over the years thus we do a table for two to avoid problems.