Miami hotel with free shuttle to/from airport and to port

Angelayu

Most hotels by the airport will have a free shuttle to the hotel

some hotels by the airport offer a shuttle to the port for a fee

Depending on the hotel there is not much around them as far as restaurants or shops

You may be better off just getting a hotel closer to the port & take a taxi to the hotel then to the port next day

try searching on Trip advisor for Downtown or airport hotels that fit your budget

Three budget options near the MIA airport offer these features - La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center. All are fairly isolated - plan on delivery pizza or Chinese being your best dinner option. Embassy Suites MIA also offers airport and port shuttles. Better hotels near MIA in a better area, with shopping and dining nearby, are in the Blue Lagoon area (Homewood Suites, etc.) but may not offer a "free" port shuttle.

Unless you are flying in late and just want a room and a ride to the port you'd be better off staying downtown close to POM, with lots of local dining options.

Dates? Budget?

I was looking at the COMFORT SUITES MIAMI AIRPORT NORTH since it has free shuttles from the airport and to the port for our cruise on the NCL getaway next March. I would be interested in others thoughtsay.

I was looking at the COMFORT SUITES MIAMI AIRPORT NORTH since it has free shuttles from the airport and to the port for our cruise on the NCL getaway next March. I would be interested in others thoughtsay.

If you use the search function you will find a few positive posts about this place - there is a gas station mart close by where you can purchase water, soda, etc. and some sort of sports bar within walking distance for dinner. There was also a report last year of a cruiser who was robbed in the parking lot :eek: It's your call.

I also believe in reading reviews on Trip Advisor.

Yes I know some have to be discounted because either written by the hotels themselves or competitors but nevertheless I find them helpful.

I did a search for you on Trip Advisor so here are reviews on the hotel.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34443-d2151519-Reviews-Comfort_Suites_Miami_Airport_North-Miami_Springs_Florida.html

Keith

We stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon for our cruise earlier this month. They have a free airport shuttle, and can provide transportation to and from the port as well for a fee. I don't remember the cost for the port shuttle as we booked a package including the transportation.

IF a hotel/motel offers a free shuttle to the port, what if there are potentially 100 other guests also wanting that shuttle? Ridiculous.

Please don't book your hotel with a shuttle in mind. Miami is a fabulous city with lots to offer; you shouldn't have to (or want to!) stay at the airport in order to possibly save money on a shuttle to the Port of Miami. ;)

I'm looking for something in Miami near the port too. I'm on a budget, don't need 5 star, but I want something clean in a safe location.

It will depend on the date you are staying & your budget

I would look on Trip advisor for hotels in the downtown area for your dates then read the reviews & check the prices that fits your budget

If you do not care where you stay try Priceline or LMT

What works for one does not work for all

Edited by LHT28

IF a hotel/motel offers a free shuttle to the port, what if there are potentially 100 other guests also wanting that shuttle? Ridiculous.

Please don't book your hotel with a shuttle in mind. Miami is a fabulous city with lots to offer; you shouldn't have to (or want to!) stay at the airport in order to possibly save money on a shuttle to the Port of Miami. ;)

BIG TRUTH here

many hotels near Port Canaveral offer free shuttle to the port. And at 9 AM 100+ folks arrive in the lobby to find a van that can carry 5 with luggage . . ..

It will depend on the date you are staying & your budget

I would look on Trip advisor for hotels in the downtown area for your dates then read the reviews & check the prices that fits your budget

If you do not care where you stay try Priceline or LMT

What works for one does not work for all

What is LMT?

What is LMT?

LMT = Last Minute Travel, a hotel/travel site with some good availability in Miami and South FLA.

Providing your dates and budget will help the board to provide suggestions that are on target; the $300+ hotel room in Feb can often be had for under $100 in August.

I'm looking for something in Miami near the port too. I'm on a budget, don't need 5 star, but I want something clean in a safe location.

knowing your budget and time of year you are cruising would help a lot in advising you.

Some hotels in the winter months can be $300 and in the summer around the $100+ mark.

Bill

knowing your budget and time of year you are cruising would help a lot in advising you.

Some hotels in the winter months can be $300 and in the summer around the $100+ mark.

Bill

I found one for before the cruise, but I'll be looking for a hotel in Miami in early June for 4 nights.

We won't have a car, so we'd like to be able to walk as much as much as possible to see the city though I know that won't be possible for all of the areas, of course.

I'll also do a HOHO bus for many sites. We're also going to do a tour of the Everglades.

Any ideas on where to stay that will allow easy access? Around 150 a night, if possible?

How many in your party? Travelling with kids? :confused:

Some smaller hotels in South Beach should be within your budget in June, or focus on downtown hotels -- Marriott, Doubletree, Intercontinental and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell

How many in your party? Travelling with kids? :confused:

Some smaller hotels in South Beach should be within your budget in June, or focus on downtown hotels -- Marriott, Doubletree, Intercontinental and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell

No kids - Two adults (early to be folks who enjoy a good time, but not late nighters)

Thanks for the help!

Thank you for all your replies.

Can anyone tell me how much approx is taxi from hotel in Miami to the port? We have 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6), just wondering whether taxi or shuttle (fee per person) will be a cheaper option.

Can anyone tell me how much approx is taxi from hotel in Miami to the port? We have 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6), just wondering whether taxi or shuttle (fee per person) will be a cheaper option.

Depends on the hotel location

We paid under $20 from Hampton Inn Brickell

about $12 from Holiday inn POM

A taxi will almost always be cheaper - even from MIA airport area hotels a taxi to POM will run about $27-30 for the cab vs $10-12+ per person for shared shuttle service.

Minivan and SUV cabs charge the same fare as standard cabs - with 2 kids and baggage you may need a larger cab; ask the hotel front desk to call for one when you are ready to leave - they know who to call for reliable service.