Luminae Question

Woobstr112G

Looking for some input from those who have experienced the Luminae restaurant for suite guests. I've looked at a number of pictures of the experience and it seems that the menu is rather eclectic in nature. While this looks appealing to me, DW likes stuff a little more plain. Does Luminae have a small selection of more sedate offerings?

Thanks in advance for any replies....:):):)

Bob

It really is pretty basic with fancy names for the dishes. The sauces are rich and I suggest simply having them served on the side. Broiled fish and steak offered nightly. Cannot get more plain than that.

They sound a lot more foo foo than they really are. We loved Luminae so much that on sea days (14 day cruise with 5 sea days) we ate there 3 times a day.

They also will customize things. There admittedly isn't as much green on the menu as I'm used to eating. So some lunches I just asked for a big bowl or plate of spinach greens and mixed greens with a grilled chicken breast on it (or whatever). And then I asked for specific things like mushrooms, some chopped boiled egg, some other things -- and it came perfectly! Also at dinner if you want just plain baked potato you can get that - or a bigger portion of green beans, broccoli, etc. You just ask.

They have a Luminae burger at lunch. You can get that without bun (as I did) and lots of grilled onions and mushrooms or whatever else you like. I subbed the fries for a salad and some fresh berries.

They actually WANT you to be happy in there. We found the service impeccable and the suggestions by the sommelier spot on, every single time.

Do try their signature cocktail - Bourbon Peaches. OMG.

They are very accommodating. You can choose from two or more menus plus request certain preparations, side dishes etc. DH found a cheese he liked and it was available anytime he asked as a snack with his predinner drink. Really, I doubt you will have any trouble finding things you'd like. If in doubt, the servers will suggest.

They are very accommodating. You can choose from two or more menus plus request certain preparations, side dishes etc. DH found a cheese he liked and it was available anytime he asked as a snack with his predinner drink. Really, I doubt you will have any trouble finding things you'd like. If in doubt, the servers will suggest.

Thanks for your reply.....:):):)

Bob

Every day, there was also a constant a-la-cart menu with other items including a hamburger or French Onion soup (to die for).:):)

Be ready to get spoiled!

Cheers!

What ship and date had this menu in the Luminae?

What ship and date had this menu in the Luminae?

We were aboard the Solstice for her very first Luminae cruise

from April 3-20, 2015 from Sydney to Honolulu.

I have read that now you are able to select from all menus and even make special requests to get whatever you'd like. :):)

Won't get to see that for myself until next year.:(:(

Cheers!

Every day, there was also a constant a-la-cart menu with other items including a hamburger or French Onion soup (to die for).:):)

Be ready to get spoiled!

Cheers!

That's good to know as I'll be in Luminae, but prefer 'regular' food - albeit prepared very well.

Did you feel that things like French Onion or Hamburgers were better in Luminae verses MDR or buffet?

The great thing about the Luminae Menu is that is a starting point. The food is simply delicious. About midway through our last cruise, we were craving simple, steamed vegetables. Got 'em. A simple garden salad, no problem. We only ate in Murano once on the last cruise.

The food off the everyday mdr or the nightly menu is served the same way as the mdr. Onion soup and all!

We were on the Reflection this month. We did enjoy Luminae. What I want to add is I order off the Luminae menu and the MDR menu. It is not one or the other. It is a mix and match to put together a meal you will enjoy.

That's good to know as I'll be in Luminae, but prefer 'regular' food - albeit prepared very well.

Did you feel that things like French Onion or Hamburgers were better in Luminae verses MDR or buffet?

Quite frankly, I felt everything was better in Luminae.

While the preparation may have been the same, our hot food was always hot (cooked to order) and cold always cold. (No melted ice cream or Gelato.:)) The service was incredibly friendly and attentive ... and the ambiance, superb.

Sorry, but as I never had a hamburger anywhere else on the ship, I can't say if mine was better or not but I'd order one again right now if I could.:D

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

We were on Connie last week (our first time with X) and LOVED Luminae. It was the first time on any cruise that we never once set foot in the buffet, and I really wanted to try the buffet. I had the burger for lunch on embarkation day, and it was very good. :) You're in for a treat.