Reflection blow dryers-- should I pack my own?

toneman01

They do have dryers and they are "ok" a very basic kind. You do have to keep your finger on the button all the time to make them work. I take my own travel hairdryer but if you are stuck for luggage space/weight then they are adequate.

The only real problem/complaint from my DW is having to hold down the bottom. She also dislikes needing to only plug in at the desk, but that is where the outlets are. Those on board are fine.

Edited by az_tchr

I've given up on them. I found a great conair travel dryer on Amazon for about $18, it doesn't take up much room, and it is way better than the onboard dryers. I hate spending my precious vacation time drying my hair!!

If you do decide to use the one on board, do take a thick rubber band to hold down the button

• 1 month later...

I have thick and wavy hair and the dryer in the room is passable. I bring a small flat iron and the combination of the two works well. There is no outlet in the bathroom and you have to use the dryer in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

Bring your own. Especially if you have long or thick hair.

The ones onboard will get the job done ... eventually. Low power compared to my beloved Babyliss. And the holding the trigger button stinks, but looks like several have come up with a solution to that.

Since it takes me over an hour to wash and blow dry my hair, I get it done in the beauty salon. Definitely worth letting someone else do it for me while I am on vacation.:D and they have always done an excellent job.

And you don't have to worry about the hair dryer.

If you have short hair the one in the rooms will be fine...if you have long hair bring your own if you can...

I have VERY short hair and I probably said to my husband a half dozen times that I was REALLY glad it wasn't long anymore cause that hair dryer would be tough to use on long hair.....it's not just the button pushing...it's just not that powerful...

Bring your own. My travel one died on a recent cruise (I can't fault it as it was ~20 years old). I tried to use the one in the cabin. Fail. Thankfully, my parents were on the same cruise so every night I either ran to their cabin or my dad brought me my mom's travel dryer to use.

• 1 month later...
Wash hair, comb, sit on balcony with a glass of wine....

If it is a little frizzy, drink a second glass...Won't smooth your hair but at least you will not care!

LOVE IT!!!! Fully agree :)

I have thin, straight hair that canNOT be just left on it's own, so a good hot dryer is very important to me to put any style and to make the products I have to put into it work. I wish I could do the wine thing but not possible.

So......I bring my own in my carry on and make room for it. It's a priority. It's not only long thick hair but hair like mine that needs a better dryer and some attention. ~~sigh~~

Actually I like the dryer at the desk as that's where I also put on makeup. I can do the drying while DH is in the shower, so for us that configuration is ideal.

I have frizzy hair but find its best to wash and sit outside to get the majority of wetness out then try their dryer, it overheats and cuts out at least twice each time I use it. Probably take my own next time although I've just had my long hair chopped off