3/26 AOS disembark - missing luggage

Great time on the AOS out of San Juan 3/19-3/26. When we left the ship this morning, a piece of luggage was missing. Think we took all the logical steps & notifications, but thought I'd give cc a shot. "Green 12" depart tag, disembarked today at 9:30. Black medium sized hard shell bag, 4 wheels, red lock. This is a "first" for us. Ideas? Maybe the bag wanted to sail one additional week, leaving us behind?? TIA for any suggestions.

Most likely someone took your bag by mistake. Happened to us once. Hopefully you have your phone number on your bag.

My thoughts exactly, maybe check the roll call, as well? It amazes me how anyone can take luggage and walk away without checking the tag first, especially plain, black luggage. My luggage looks like this and I fly home on a prop plane that holds maybe 50 people and I STILL check my tag.

k2-_6c581348-433a-447f-bb0e-209461b38d8d.v1.jpg

Departed ship at 10:30 and noticed there were 8 bags in a section marked "no luggage tags" - may have been lost in handling or some other reason.

May be worth checking out with RCL.

Also, Global Entry Cards were not allowed to go through immigrations line with suite guests/pinnacles (gold cards) , unlike in Nov. 2016 where they were allowed to go through.

When questioned RCL rep checking cards, I was told the policy of letting Global Entry Card holders through is no longer in effect at San Juan.

Good luck with this.

Hopefully it will be found.

From time to time someone ends up taking the wrong piece so hopefully they will contact you.

If not, do you have insurance and a list of what is in the luggage?

Keith

My thoughts exactly, maybe check the roll call, as well? It amazes me how anyone can take luggage and walk away without checking the tag first, especially plain, black luggage. My luggage looks like this and I fly home on a prop plane that holds maybe 50 people and I STILL check my tag.

Wow, I'll bet no one has taken your bag my mistake!

Departed ship at 10:30 and noticed there were 8 bags in a section marked "no luggage tags" - may have been lost in handling or some other reason.

Happened to me once in Bayonne -luggage tag came off and I found it in another section. Another time, despite the right tag being on, my Briggs & Riley carryon was in a different section and someone actually stole my umbrella out of the built in pocket on the back. As it wasn't raining, I didn't discover it was missing until I got home.

Some mistakes are honest ones; others are not. I hope nothing too valuable was in your luggage and that it is returned to you intact.

May be worth checking out with RCL.

Also, Global Entry Cards were not allowed to go through immigrations line with suite guests/pinnacles (gold cards) , unlike in Nov. 2016 where they were allowed to go through.

When questioned RCL rep checking cards, I was told the policy of letting Global Entry Card holders through is no longer in effect at San Juan.

This is why we always put two tags on our bags

Happened to me once in Bayonne -luggage tag came off and I found it in another section. Another time, despite the right tag being on, my Briggs & Riley carryon was in a different section and someone actually stole my umbrella out of the built in pocket on the back. As it wasn't raining, I didn't discover it was missing until I got home.

Some mistakes are honest ones; others are not. I hope nothing too valuable was in your luggage and that it is returned to you intact.

I learned from Patti to use the luggage tag holders for disembarkation tags too.

I learned from Patti to use the luggage tag holders for disembarkation tags too.

Great idea. I'm going to do that on my future cruises.

Aw, our luggage :D I am down to two of the set of three that I bought :( One of the wheels got damaged on a flight, and then on the next flight it came off altogether, taking a chunk of the case with it. Southwest gave me a brand new suitcase right then and there, but it's almost two pounds heavier and plain red. Waaaah!

Great idea. I'm going to do that on my future cruises.

Aw, our luggage :D I am down to two of the set of three that I bought :( One of the wheels got damaged on a flight, and then on the next flight it came off altogether, taking a chunk of the case with it. Southwest gave me a brand new suitcase right then and there, but it's almost two pounds heavier and plain red. Waaaah!

I flew into Bangkok and my large hard shell suitcase has a hole in one corner, a big hole. I went to the Delta baggage office and filed a claim. Said I'd have it repaired when I got home. They insisted on my leaving it for repair. I was given large paper bags for my belongings and they said I'd have my suitcase the next day. Four days later we were leaving for northern Thailand when they finally brought my suitcase. I would swear in court it was repaired with a huge wad of bubblegum. My first flight with it, it fell out and I flew several flights with the hole. When I got home, Delta bought me a new suitcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It happened to us in November someone grabbed my garment bag by mistake.That evening the gentleman contacted me from my id tag and luckily he lived only an hour away from us and delivered it to our house the following weekend. So hopefully all will go as well in your situation.

I flew into Bangkok and my large hard shell suitcase has a hole in one corner, a big hole. I went to the Delta baggage office and filed a claim. Said I'd have it repaired when I got home. They insisted on my leaving it for repair. I was given large paper bags for my belongings and they said I'd have my suitcase the next day. Four days later we were leaving for northern Thailand when they finally brought my suitcase. I would swear in court it was repaired with a huge wad of bubblegum. My first flight with it, it fell out and I flew several flights with the hole. When I got home, Delta bought me a new suitcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Arriving once into my home airport at LAX on a DL flight my bag arrived damaged. To my surprise a DL rep took me to a secure area near baggage claim and gave me a new (nicer) bag...I just signed a claim form....transferred the contents from my bag into the new one and I was out the door....Amazing service !!!!

Great time on the AOS out of San Juan 3/19-3/26. When we left the ship this morning, a piece of luggage was missing. Think we took all the logical steps & notifications, but thought I'd give cc a shot. "Green 12" depart tag, disembarked today at 9:30. Black medium sized hard shell bag, 4 wheels, red lock. This is a "first" for us. Ideas? Maybe the bag wanted to sail one additional week, leaving us behind?? TIA for any suggestions.

We had the same thing happen to us on the Adventure, we had big ribbons on it and everything. We waited around the airport hoping to get a call that they found our luggage. Just as we were in line to go through security we did get the call that they had our luggage and they were bringing it to the air port for us. Hope it find its way to you!

Happened to me once in Bayonne -luggage tag came off and I found it in another section.

Unfortunately, this has happened to me 3 times. I guess I have very bad luck. I now bring packing tape with me and reinforce the disembarkation tags with packing tape so they cannot be ripped off. Plus I put 2 on each bag. Makes for more work at the end of the cruise but the last few times all our luggage has been together in it's correct section and took only a minute to find.

It's probably time I invest in some luggage tags holders on Amazon.com.

Unfortunately, this has happened to me 3 times. I guess I have very bad luck. I now bring packing tape with me and reinforce the disembarkation tags with packing tape so they cannot be ripped off. Plus I put 2 on each bag. Makes for more work at the end of the cruise but the last few times all our luggage has been together in it's correct section and took only a minute to find.

It's probably time I invest in some luggage tags holders on Amazon.com.

We use these, with the steel loops and grommets:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459176054&sr=8-1

Edited by clarea

Haha, As soon as I saw your name, I said, she has my luggage! Mine is pretty beat up, too. I don't think I would buy the hard luggage again, I'm so afraid a hole will get punched in it and my dirty drawers will spill out onto the tarmac that I put all my clothes in bags inside the bag. We need to cruise together so we can pull the old luggage switcheroo. :D

These are what we now use. I had the ones sold here on CC with the rubbery straps but one of them already broke. :eek:

Crossing my fingers, but so far, these have been flawless in over a dozen cruises.