Can't decide...too many gorgeous beaches to pick from

nator555

Decisions decisions decisions...we picked this port as our adult only port and plan to leave our 7 year old on the ship. I also checked and only one ship will be in port that day[emoji106] The royal palms, calico jacks and governors beach all look amazing. We only plan to be off the ship from 9-2. How long is the taxi ride to governors beach? I was thinking about going there from 9-1230 then walking to calico jacks for lunch and drinks before taking a taxi back to port. I realize governors beach has no amenities and I think we can deal with that for a few hours. We also prefer a beach that isn't overly crowded. My favorite beach on the world so far is St. John's trunk bay. Which beach would be closest to St. John's?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would just take a cab to Calico Jack's (that's what we did). Pretty short ride, in traffic even, and the huge beach is right there. Can rent jet-skis if you desire too! We caught some sun, grabbed some food and drinks, did our jet-skis, caught some more sun, and made it back to port area with time for shopping too before back on the ship. I think there was one other ship that day other than ours.

Take the bus or the Seven Mile Beach shuttle. The last we went, last year, there were 4 ships in port. Calico Jack's was crowded but no issue getting chairs and an umbrella -- plus great service. With only 1 ship in port, man, you are going to love it. Governor's Beach is a very short walk from there. Beautiful place. Have fun.

Would you guys say the quality of beach is the same at governors, calico jacks and the royal palms? I know the atmosphere will be a little different but I am curious about the water. Drop offs that kind of thing.

Would you guys say the quality of beach is the same at governors, calico jacks and the royal palms? I know the atmosphere will be a little different but I am curious about the water. Drop offs that kind of thing.

It's all part of Seven Mile Beach. You won't notice much of a difference in actual beach.