Haven Upsell - so excited!

Pookill17

I originally booked the Getaway for May 1-8 through a Caesars certificate. I paid $300 total to upgrade us to a balcony from a free inside. With taxes, insurance UBP gratuities it still was a cheap vacation.

Since this is our first cruise without kids I really wanted to treat us to a Haven Suite. I pulled the trigger today and upgraded to a Haven Aft Penthouse for $750 pp! I know I could have waited and maybe gotten a better deal but I didn't want to risk losing the room I wanted on deck 10. It's going to be a long month waiting!

Any input on these rooms and how to make the most of the experience would be more than welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I originally booked the Getaway for May 1-8 through a Caesars certificate. I paid $300 total to upgrade us to a balcony from a free inside. With taxes, insurance UBP gratuities it still was a cheap vacation.

Since this is our first cruise without kids I really wanted to treat us to a Haven Suite. I pulled the trigger today and upgraded to a Haven Aft Penthouse for $750 pp! I know I could have waited and maybe gotten a better deal but I didn't want to risk losing the room I wanted on deck 10. It's going to be a long month waiting!

Any input on these rooms and how to make the most of the experience would be more than welcome.

Congrats! My wife and I pulled the trigger on an upsell the other day. We're so excited.

Congratulations! That's a great price for a fabulous suite. We were on BA in an Aft suite on 12 and the balcony space is fantastic. You're on deck 10 so it will be smaller than deck 12. I think the size from largest to smallest is 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13.

Here are some pics from deck 12.

<a href=imagejpg3_zps2db33c3d.jpg' alt='imagejpg

imagejpg6_zps93e0336c.jpg

Thanks for this info! We're on the May 15th sailing and upsell didn't have anything available yesterday when I called. I'll try again next week!

Good luck! They actually offered me most Haven types for $750 and one for $1250. My heart was set on the Aft Penthouse. I can't wait!

Did you call the upsell dept. or did they contact you about this upgrade...

I called them. They answered right away and gave me the offers in a couple of minutes. I received my confirmation email within minutes also. Great experience.

Here is a great idea...seriously...why stop there? i mean with the fantastic upsell you just did..? i would call 10 days prior to sailing and inquire about a deluxe owner suite if there are any left...you may be able to snag one for an additional $250/pp...

10 days seems to be the magic number when it comes to shuffling high value inventory...

best of luck...you have already done a great job at securing a memorable vacation...be sure to take advantage of all the "unadvertised" perks that come along with such a great address on the ship.

Best

Mark

Here is a great idea...seriously...why stop there? i mean with the fantastic upsell you just did..? i would call 10 days prior to sailing and inquire about a deluxe owner suite if there are any left...you may be able to snag one for an additional $250/pp...

10 days seems to be the magic number when it comes to shuffling high value inventory...

best of luck...you have already done a great job at securing a memorable vacation...be sure to take advantage of all the "unadvertised" perks that come along with such a great address on the ship.

Best

Mark

I will definitely keep this in mind although right now they are showing sold out. I can't wait to see my "home" for the week!

Thanks for this info! We're on the May 15th sailing and upsell didn't have anything available yesterday when I called. I'll try again next week!

So wait, what "upsell" did you call? Did you just call NCL and ask about upsell options for your sailing? We might be interested in something like this if the price was right, but I never knew of any method other than just paying the upgrade difference. :confused:

So wait, what "upsell" did you call? Did you just call NCL and ask about upsell options for your sailing? We might be interested in something like this if the price was right, but I never knew of any method other than just paying the upgrade difference. :confused:

800-625-4309. I just asked if they had any upsells for my reservation number.

From what I'm finding on here, mostly suites are available early on. Ocean view, balconies and mini suites seem to be available closer to sailing date.

Woo Hoo! Congrats! I'm on the same sailing with a few of my friends. I upgraded from a studio to a balcony. I can not wait!! It will be my first time on NCL and only my second cruise. :)

My first on NCL also. Looking forward to a fun week. Enjoy!