10 am flight out of NYC?

Dixie24

I am platinum sailing on the Sunshine out of NYC this summer. Any chance I could make a 10 am flight out of LGA? I have been off ships as early as 7:30 am, but have never sailed from NYC before.

My flight options are either a 4 pm flight or 10 am flight. Don't want to sit around airport until 4 and would prefer to get home sooner.

You cray cray. I'm not sure of your exact itinerary, but I'm seeing on a majority of them have an 8AM return.

Take the 4PM. You are setting yourself up for failure otherwise.

Edited by HamSammie

You cray cray. I'm not sure of your exact itinerary, but I'm seeing on a majority of them have an 8AM return.

*spitting out my juice* @ "cray cray" :p

OP, please beware anything earlier then a noon flight is not recommended. I think its even somewhere in the documentation, but I could be wrong. Either way, take your time getting off the boat, enjoy the last of your vacation and fly back on the 4pm. I dont like rushing and stressing after a relaxing vacation.

It's a 4 day to Canada. I feel that all of my cruises always get back way earlier than the stated return time, but I guess I cannot count on that. I am always one of the first ones off the ship, but maybe this time I should enjoy a last breakfast in the MDR and take my time.

I am platinum sailing on the Sunshine out of NYC this summer. Any chance I could make a 10 am flight out of LGA? I have been off ships as early as 7:30 am, but have never sailed from NYC before.

My flight options are either a 4 pm flight or 10 am flight. Don't want to sit around airport until 4 and would prefer to get home sooner.

Platinum on the ship doesnt help you at LGA. Are you flying first class or business? Are you TSA Global Entry or Pre Approved? If not, LGA is an outdated airport and will have long lines after 8 AM in the morning.

We have been on the dock at 7:30 only because we are VIP and we do self assist.

And even then my heart would be in my throat trying to get to LGA, EWE or JFK.

Take the 4PM flight.

LGA backups at TSA can be very long, Central Terminal (B) (you didn't say which airline) with four different check points can be crazy where they over staff one and under staff the one where there is a backup.

4 day a lot of people do self assist so your walk off volume will be higher as well.

Everything would have to line up perfectly to make a 10 am. But i'd say it is possible, although too many variables involved to make it comfortable. My most recent cruise out of NYC in 2013 we were home by 9:30 am , , home as in "in my house". might have even been earlier than that, can't remember the best haha. I'm platinum and did self assist. NYC is about an hours drive from me.

10 am flight? In NYC traffic???

FORGETABOUTIT!

Edited by Aldeya

We have been on the dock at 7:30 only because we are VIP and we do self assist.

And even then my heart would be in my throat trying to get to LGA, EWE or JFK.

Take the 4PM flight.

Why blowup your trip at the end with an insane flight time?

Go with the 4pm flight. Driving and driving times in NYC are not the same as driving and driving times are in other cities. Walking in NYC is frequently faster than driving. I can think of several occasions when driving cross town from 12th ave to 1st ave has taken me almost an hour! Driving 12 blocks anywhere else would take at most 20 minutes. And than there is getting into and driving through Queens............another nightmare! Be kind to yourself........take the later flight.:)

Definitely take the 4pm flight or just spend a night in NYC and take the 10am home the next day. You most likely will be able to get off the ship between 730-830am, baring any issues with Customs or Border Patrol, which would be fine if LGA was a hop skip and a jump away. But city traffic and then getting into Queens is always a mess and LGA is one of the more efficient airports as far as curb to seat times go.

Take the 4pm, and stay in your cabin till they kick you out around 8:30am. Then grab some breakfast and relax on board till they call the last zone. Then take your time heading to LGA, should get you there between 11-12. Maybe look into buying one of the first class lounge passes for the day so it's a little more comfortable for the 3 hours you'll have to kill before your flight.

Just getting a cab at the terminal will be an adventure. It is so hectic there and then you have to go cross town and into Queens, during rush hour?

Simply put NO WAY EVER will you make a 10AM flight. Just NO WAY. We just flew into LaGuardia last week and never realized how old and badly managed that terminal is. Barely enough room to wheel your bags from one part to another.

I join the long list in telling you to book a later flight and forget the stress.

Cheers

Len

With the recent terrorist attacks on airports, some airlines are telling passengers to be at the airport 120 minutes before scheduled flight time.

Check with your own airline website to see if they have modified the 'old' requirement to be there an hour before flight. It could easily take you an hour just to get thru increased security there.

Try 4pm.

As a born, raised & current resident of Long Island, I have to advise you a 10am flight is not an okay idea. I looked & it seems the ships are scheduled in port at NYC at 8am. I've sat in west-east traffic at 8am on even a Saturday & have wanted to cry. If you are off the ship luggage in hand with a ride waiting at 8am, you are still running a risk. You may not make it to LGA until 8:45. I've taken an hour plus to get through to the gate at both NYC airports before. It's a risk. Hey, could you make it? Yeah maaaaaybe. But it would be a hell of a risk & a hell of an adventure! I don't recommend it.

Edited by Drose716

How you ever been to New York? You need the best cab driver and a lot of luck to make this flight. Change the flight and enjoy a little sight seeing.