Question for all the women

Dreamer115

I am not a small woman and the showers are. Showering is all right but shaving my legs is quite difficult. As there is no bathtub ledge to rest foot on or tub side to sit on, in the past I used an upside down garbage can to rest my foot on while shaving. Is there a better way? I think I saw something mentioned about requesting a shower stool from your steward, does anyone know about this? Are the showers at the spa better for this and are they free? :confused::confused: Thanks for the help.

Connie

I am not a small woman and the showers are. Showering is all right but shaving my legs is quite difficult. As there is no bathtub ledge to rest foot on or tub side to sit on, in the past I used an upside down garbage can to rest my foot on while shaving. Is there a better way? I think I saw something mentioned about requesting a shower stool from your steward, does anyone know about this? Are the showers at the spa better for this and are they free? :confused::confused: Thanks for the help.

Connie

I put a hand towel on the toilet seat and put my foot on that and shave my legs. Works great!

Me too. Have done this for years. I ask my cabin steward for an extra pool towel. That gets draped over the toilet and that's my shelf. The large towel also catches extra water.....Really works well. Fortunately, the Regal and Royal solved this problem!

Why not shave your legs in comfort at home before the cruise (if it's a short one)? Agree with the toilet lid scenario if shaving more often is required.

If I'm in swim suits, shorts, or capris,

It's shave every day

On land or at sea..... :D

Edited by Murphey

The comments about feminine leg shaving brings back memories from the Dark Ages.

In 1962, I boarded the Matson Mariposa sailing Auckland transPac via Sydney. A large number of Kiwi women boarded the ship in Auckland. Their hirsute legs were obviously matted beneath their nylons. They must have observed and emulated the fellow American female passengers with shaved legs. They seemed borrowed their husbands razors because by day 3 and despite a rough Tasman, their legs were clean shaven but decorated with nicks and bloody scabs.

George

Connie

What ship??

I have traditionally used the spa showers, but on the Grand, there are no public showers in the Spa (as I sadly discovered last December!!)

So I just used the toilet as others have suggested. It's fine, but can leave a watery mess, so extra towels help :) I didn't think of that when I was flooding my bathroom! lol

A mini suite is helpful because it has the tub ledge, but not sure I would upgrade to a mini just for shaving purposes...... I would for the other benefits, no bunk for 3rd person, extra space, etc.

You will be ok on the Coral, the Spa's have showers for your use and you can always use the toilet in your bathroom as a shelf.

Have fun on your cruise!!

Thanks I am sure it will be great. I don't feel the need to upgrade there is enough space for the two of us. I will survive, I was just curious how others managed and was wondering if there was a secret I wasn't aware of. I will take a look at the spa day one and see what it's like.

Connie

On the princess website click on my account at the top click on my princess then go to onboard preferences to the right. you can request shower stool there remember to click save on the bottom