Did anyone receive a culinary survey recently?

LMaxwell

Yes I did it this afternoon.

It asked if I was familiar with several food magazines and TV chefs. It asked if I preferred regional cuisines on cruises like Jerk Chicken in Jamaica. It asked if I was willing to pay for cooking/wine pairing classes and if whether they were available affected my choice of cruise.

No, neither of us has received this survey.

I wonder if this has anything to do with asking pax who take the Cooking Classes, choose the Food and Wine Magazine free subscription (4 and 5 star) or go to the Wine Tastings?

It is a puzzle how HAL picks the pax for all these surveys.

Edited by SilvertoGold

No, and I love all the foodie stuff. Did it come to you from HAL?

Yes

It asked if I was familiar with several food magazines and TV chefs. It asked if I preferred regional cuisines on cruises like Jerk Chicken in Jamaica. It asked if I was willing to pay for cooking/wine pairing classes and if whether they were available affected my choice of cruise.

That's the one.

I thought it interesting that they listed one chef, in particular, that already has a specialty restaurant on a sister line (that has not been getting great reviews on these boards for the concept; Share by Curtis Stone)

No, neither of us has received this survey.

I wonder if this has anything to do with asking pax who take the Cooking Classes, choose the Food and Wine Magazine free subscription (4 and 5 star) or go to the Wine Tastings?

It is a puzzle how HAL picks the pax for all these surveys.

Never done any of those.

Often surveys want to be random. ;)

Today I received a culinary survey relating to food trends, name brand publications, culinary schools, and celebrity chefs. Just curious if anyone else has received this survey recently.

No, we have not received the survey.

I got it and filled it out.

I get the idea that they are fishing for information on what passengers think of additional foodie offerings, celebrity chef sailings, and upcharges for more and different foodie options.

None of that really interests me, and I indicated that on the survey. But I would not be surprised if this is the beginning of a roll-out of new fleet-wide Culinary Arts Center upcharge offerings.

I just remembered I often get email offers for our daughter and son in law who have cruised with us and went through trash file to see if it was sent to them since we only got one and others above got for husband and wife. I was curious who it was for since I hadn't read the whole intro but clicked to take.

It was for our 22 year old son!!!!

I guess they have a wide range for this one.

Today I received a culinary survey relating to food trends, name brand publications, culinary schools, and celebrity chefs. Just curious if anyone else has received this survey recently.

We received ours yesterday afternoon and just finished responding to them a few minutes ago.

We haven't received anything yet. Last year was our first HAL cruise, maybe they were sent to Mariners who have more stars than we do. We are foodies though, it would be fun to do the survey.

Edited by galensgrl

I got it. Seemed like they were trying to reconfirm what they are doing with the chef signature dishes and the wine tastings, mixology and culinary art center. Also, asked name recognition of chefs. I just remember Bobby Flay, Michael Mina, Rudy S. And Jacque Torres.

They did not ask my opinion regarding the loss of Dutch and Indonesian food which I mourn.