Pool Shoes

Will flip flops work for our kids on Allure (pool and H20 zone)? Or are crocs or other better? I've heard the decks can be slippery so am concerned.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Pool deck is very slippery. They do try to squeegee it, but especially H2O zone is nearly always wet.

I am not sure of your question - if you mean for walking around on or near wet pool deck I don't think it matters. Bare feet are not always possible as deck is too hot. If you mean to wear in the pol or H2O zone, flip flops won't work to swim/play in, crocs with strap are better. My grandkids wear Aqua/pool shoes - work on deck and in the pool. There are several inexpensive brands available.

I would also make sure kids know pool rules, and reinforce them, even if other kids don't comply. My daughter is a former lifeguard and her kids know running on a pool deck is not allowed both by the pool and their mom, and she will make them sit out for a few minutes!

The decks are very slippery. My son fell twice while wearing Crocs and I nearly fell while wearing nice Teva outdoor sandals. I would recommend water shoes and/or some other sandal with a strap that has a non-slip bottom. I am bringing both for my son this year and will use whichever works best.

Thanks for the replies. For shoes, I meant wearing at the H20 or if we are heading to the pools for a swim.

I actually have a pair of water shoes myself so I know what you mean (similar to the link provided). Thanks.

And yeah, I definitely agree...no running, etc. Pool safety is the most important.

The decks can be slippery, but also HOT! They will certainly burn your skin! Flip flops are ok, as long as they don't get slippery when wet! I have several pair that are NOT good for wet areas! Even the inside of the flip flop shouldn't be slippery if your feet are wet!

Great link. The exact type I have myself. For anyone with growing kids/multiple kids, however, they are available much cheaper at stores like Target, Walmart. Just wanted to mention.

Again, I highly recommend water shoes over flip flops, crocs, etc. great for beach/water park trips too.

The decks are very slippery. My son fell twice while wearing Crocs and I nearly fell while wearing nice Teva outdoor sandals. I would recommend water shoes and/or some other sandal with a strap that has a non-slip bottom. I am bringing both for my son this year and will use whichever works best.

Pool decks can be very hot...I don't wear 'water shoes' in the pool, and when getting out of the pool if my chair is far away, it could be a tough walk without shoes on to my chair. I therefore leave my shoes (Teva style with straps) that can easily be put on as soon as I get out of pool to walk to chair. I don't wear flimsy rubber flipflops, I just don't think they are safe, nor crocs.

I may have to invest in a pool shoe, when I am on a ship with a waterslide (eg. Harmony). Standing on line to take my slide may be on a hot surface and then the walk when my slide is over to my chair or back to the top to do it again I may need it for.

Edited by Paulette3028

Thanks for the replies. For shoes, I meant wearing at the H20 or if we are heading to the pools for a swim.

I actually have a pair of water shoes myself so I know what you mean (similar to the link provided). Thanks.

And yeah, I definitely agree...no running, etc. Pool safety is the most important.

When in the H2O zone on Freedom, shoes were not necessary as there was more texture to the floor and since it was wet the heat wasn't an issue. That being said, I did put my shoes right on the edge because it was too hot to walk anywhere without shoes.

Thanks for the replies. Today I picked up some water shoes for my DD (as she only has flip flops). My DS has crocs which I hope will be OK. He found the water shoes too girly.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk