Luggage valet program

We were thinking of using the luggage valet program where they take your luggage directly to the airport. Has anyone used this? Looking for any feedback as we are a little nervous about our luggage getting lost. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did, at Port Everglades, but I was on HAL, flying southwest. I rarely fly out the same day....but as I had a late flight I opted to try. Worked well....I got my boarding pass and special airline-esque luggage tags.

My bags went outside of my cabin and I did not see them again til I got to BWI. Regular airline bag tags were attached, and interestingly enough, the service said that if my bags were overweight, I would not be charged..(they were not..)

I will use it again if I fly out same day again. I was able to relax at a hotel for a few hours...

I worry more about airlines losing my luggage than the valet company, though in my many years of flying, knock wood, my bags have only been misdirected 3 times....knock wood again....

Edited by megr1125

Used it in Feb. from Port Everglades to BWI via Southwest. Wonderful! We had a 12:20 flight. We got to the airport (FLL) just before 9:00am and the curb was overrun with people being told they couldn't check bags until two hours before their flight. We just walked in got in security line and were through and sitting down for a meal sooner than we could have checked our bags! Bags showed up in Baltimore just fine. DH said it was the best $40 we could have spent!

Used it in Feb. from Port Everglades to BWI via Southwest. Wonderful! We had a 12:20 flight. We got to the airport (FLL) just before 9:00am and the curb was overrun with people being told they couldn't check bags until two hours before their flight. We just walked in got in security line and were through and sitting down for a meal sooner than we could have checked our bags! Bags showed up in Baltimore just fine. DH said it was the best $40 we could have spent!

it's not specifically identified, but is it $20 per person or per bag. Also, do the bags go directly from your stateroom (outside) to your airline.

We were thinking of using the luggage valet program where they take your luggage directly to the airport. Has anyone used this? Looking for any feedback as we are a little nervous about our luggage getting lost. Thanks in advance!

Here is the info on participating airlines:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Another question, obviously the airline has baggage fees, so do we just pay the fee when we check in online?

The cruise line charges your baggage fees to your onboard account.

Edited by clarea

it's not specifically identified, but is it $20 per person or per bag. Also, do the bags go directly from your stateroom (outside) to your airline.

It was $20 per person. (We checked 1 bag each) We put it out in the hallway Friday evening and didn't see it again until baggage claim in Baltimore.

I've used it on Celebrity. We only had 2 checked bags, so I only paid for 1 person, $20. If you do that you only get that person's boarding pass, but with Southwest we had early bird boarding, and I checked in on our cellphone app .

We had an 11:30 flight which was the earliest time you could us the valet service. One of the best things was, our luggage was the very 1st at luggage claim.

It was $20 per person. (We checked 1 bag each) We put it out in the hallway Friday evening and didn't see it again until baggage claim in Baltimore.

Just wondering have 3 bags for 2 Pax, is it $40 or $60 for the service.

I've used it on Celebrity. We only had 2 checked bags, so I only paid for 1 person, $20. If you do that you only get that person's boarding pass, but with Southwest we had early bird boarding, and I checked in on our cellphone app .

We had an 11:30 flight which was the earliest time you could us the valet service. One of the best things was, our luggage was the very 1st at luggage claim.

That's a good technique (pay for one person) to use with Southwest.:)

Edited by clarea

I have used the luggage valet program several times. It is worth every dime you spend on it. Set out luggage, pick it up at home. No searching for bags in the warehouse, no dragging it around the airport when it is too early to check in. Plus the Cruise line prints out your boarding passes for you and leaves them in your cabin. I just wish the program was available at every port.

Have a great trip, I have 10 mos to wait for my next one!

I plan to use it in January and I was thinking of putting both bags on one of us then just pay the $20 but for us it would actually be cheaper to put one bag per person. If I combine with one person I pay the $20 but I also pay $25 for the 2nd bag because we are on Alaska and we only get the first bag free so it would be $45 total. But if I split it the cost would be just $40, $20 for each of us. :)

$20 per person u less you are in a suite. We use this all the time and makes departure simple, easy and no bags in tow. Back arrive at end (USsuna) easily. Not available for international travel from my memory and experience.

Happy travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have used it several times and have always been happy with it. I wish it would be available on all ships!

Do you book this service at guest services ? How soon before departing does one book this? We are on NOS at Fort Lauderdale flying Delta - thanks

You usually get an application letter in your stateroom a few days before the end of the cruise.

If you were on Southwest, you would have been able to just pay the $20 for 1 person and ck 2 bags free

$20 per person u less you are in a suite. We use this all the time and makes departure simple, easy and no bags in tow. Back arrive at end (USsuna) easily. Not available for international travel from my memory and experience.

Happy travels.

So, suite guests may take advantage of this program for free? That would be great for the five of us!