Coastal Kitchen on Allure - Junior Suite Access

We have booked a Junior Suite on the Allure for the May 29th sailing. The room allows us dinner access to the Coastal Kitchen. I believe I have read previously that the Coastal Kitchen serves complimentary wine with dinner...but I can't find that previous post. Can someone tell me if in fact wine is included with dinner in the Coastal Kitchen? Is the quality of the food similar to what is served in the MDR ... or higher quality?

We have booked a Junior Suite on the Allure for the May 29th sailing. The room allows us dinner access to the Coastal Kitchen. I believe I have read previously that the Coastal Kitchen serves complimentary wine with dinner...but I can't find that previous post. Can someone tell me if in fact wine is included with dinner in the Coastal Kitchen? Is the quality of the food similar to what is served in the MDR ... or higher quality?

We liked the food in CK better than the MDR. With regard to the wine, that's up in the air. I've not seen any policy that says wine is included, so we will have to see what is actually implemented.

Concur food we felt was better than MDR, for one much hotter

Actually for breakfast the hottest toast I have experienced on land or sea:)

Two menus as well N1 and N2, switches 3rd or 4th night on 7 night cruise.

As for wine John&LaLa maybe able to confirm exactly on that one.

W.r.t JS comp drinks

Edited by PompeySailor

Concur food we felt was better than MDR, for one much hotter

Actually for breakfast the hottest toast I have experienced on land or sea:)

Two menus as well N1 and N2, switches 3rd or 4th night on 7 night cruise.

As for wine John&LaLa maybe able to confirm exactly on that one.

W.r.t JS comp drinks

My Intel on Oasis is a year old, but wine was complimentary last April for the JS passengers.

They have a very nice Beringer White Zin. ;)

Hi danielle3dave!

We are on that sailing too. Come over to the roll call and "meet" everyone. Welcome to cruise critic, too.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042919

Lots of fun people there - all ages. Currently we are discussing a slot pull, bar crawl, meet and greets and excursions.

It's a great place to get questions answered too, as several cruisers have recently sailed on Allure and they have great information.

Hope to see you there. :):)

And, I believe you are correct that JS have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner only. It's part of the new suite benefits roll out plan that officially begins in May (though it has already been happening). I am considering upgrading to a JS, but it's just my daughter and myself, so we will see...

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

My Intel on Oasis is a year old, but wine was complimentary last April for the JS passengers.

Glad to see they are offering their best.

Last time I was on the Allure, there was no Coastal Kitchen. Seems like a nice perk for the JS cabins. Could you please tell me how it works, meaning do you book an assigned time, make reservations, or just show up?

Last time I was on the Allure, there was no Coastal Kitchen. Seems like a nice perk for the JS cabins. Could you please tell me how it works, meaning do you book an assigned time, make reservations, or just show up?

It is best to make reservations for dinner because there are nights when all tables are taken.

That's a very nice perk for those in JS (on Oasis class) who are not D, D+ or PC and entitled to complimentary drinks. Not sure that's how it's supposed to be.....;)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

That's a very nice perk for those in JS (on Oasis class) who are not D, D+ or PC and entitled to complimentary drinks. Not sure that's how it's supposed to be.....;)

Oh, Royal Caribbean, you are INSCRUTABLE! ;) :D

Oh...yummies!! Pink Koolaid in a bottle...gotta get me some

of that stuff. :p :p

Oh...yummies!! Pink Koolaid in a bottle...gotta get me some

of that stuff. :p :p

Publix had BOGO on the 1.5 litres up until yesterday. Got 2 bottles for $12. :D

Come on over for the rocket launch tomorrow afternoon.

I think you have to make reservations once onboard? I don't see it under dining in the cruise planner. Fior JS and above.

Yes, that is correct according to the D+ rep I spoke to yesterday. JS are allowed to eat there, but not allowed to make reservations until onboard the ship. I believe it's in the fine print somewhere.

I think you have to make reservations once onboard? I don't see it under dining in the cruise planner. Fior JS and above.

Yes, that is correct according to the D+ rep I spoke to yesterday. JS are allowed to eat there, but not allowed to make reservations until onboard the ship. I believe it's in the fine print somewhere.

I made reservations online.

It is listed as a JS benefit on the website. Don't see why they would make you wait.

Edited by marci22