!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

This show was really good, we really enjoyed it. Just like on the Allure. Actually, I am having a really hard deciding which one takes the win.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-621_zpsnthokw1q.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-625_zpslm0cbspv.jpg

This was the ugly duckling part.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-628_zpstatult9f.jpg

It was really funny.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-630_zpscu3vuhvp.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-634_zps4m4kkymc.jpg

After the show we retreated to our smokeless balcony, and enjoy the sounds of waves breaking on the bow of the ship.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-642_zpsfu1ugxy6.jpg

A few islands in the distance.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-643_zpsxlv6xpfv.jpg

And that gorgeous moon.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-644_zpshchrwxpj.jpg

RCCL has these corny romantic comedies on the ship, I guess maybe its their own version of “The Love Boat” lol.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-645_zpss5rvqlqr.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-647_zpsugfskp0h.jpg

Overall, it had been an amazing day aboard the Oasis of the Seas. I was so very grateful that we were moved, and now we were able to truly cherish our time on-board Lady O. Best of all we still had 3 more full days aboard her!

Day 6, End.

Phil,

Being that I am going on Oasis in 2 weeks, I am loving this like most of your reviews. I hope you will forgive the occasional poking of fun, or silly criticism, but as an IT professional I hate seeing expensive LCD screens lying flat on furniture. That Apple laptop is begging to be sat on!

Funny how the I.T. folks think the same way! I thought the same exact thing! :p

I guess I should have been more clear about that, actually I think I omitted it. Not sure why it is not like me. When you get off the water taxi you make a right and walk about 1-2 minutes and Holland house is right there. Very convenient. The subway is also right there next to holland house, it is to the right of the hotel about 3-4 stores down, in a little alley. Everything is extremely convenient.

Thank you Gambee! I actually thought it was to the left because we always go right and have never ended up there before, so thank you for the clarification! I cruise a lot with my mother as well and she just follows my lead so I would have been leading her the wrong way!

I love how much you enjoy the time with your mom and how sweet you are to her! I always cherish the trips mom and I take and try to collect all the memories and fun times I can!

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Debra

Gambee - awesome review! I've sailed on Oasis twice, and I love her. Your review is bringing back such great memories and providing an escape for still cold weather up north!

In the picture below, the balcony table is turned over - one deck down and a little forward from yours. Never heard of doing that before. I wonder why someone would do that...a balcony cheat to create more space?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-491_zpswbe44vjv.jpg

Am so enjoying this cruise with you and your mum . Am off with my mum and my oldest daughter on Rhapsody next weekend its great to spend some quality down time together . Pleased that you are away from Mr & Mrs Unpleasent I have to say i would have struggled to hold my tongue I am a smoker but wouldnt dream of being so disrespectful to my fellow passengers but then there is always one who spoils it for the rest x

Thank you Gambee! I actually thought it was to the left because we always go right and have never ended up there before, so thank you for the clarification! I cruise a lot with my mother as well and she just follows my lead so I would have been leading her the wrong way!

I love how much you enjoy the time with your mom and how sweet you are to her! I always cherish the trips mom and I take and try to collect all the memories and fun times I can!

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Debra

Glad you asked, and that I could help :)

That is pretty much how it goes with mom and I. I walk and she follows.

Gambee - awesome review! I've sailed on Oasis twice, and I love her. Your review is bringing back such great memories and providing an escape for still cold weather up north!

In the picture below, the balcony table is turned over - one deck down and a little forward from yours. Never heard of doing that before. I wonder why someone would do that...a balcony cheat to create more space?

I did not notice that, maybe they are holding something down with it?

Thank you for following and commenting :)

Am so enjoying this cruise with you and your mum . Am off with my mum and my oldest daughter on Rhapsody next weekend its great to spend some quality down time together . Pleased that you are away from Mr & Mrs Unpleasent I have to say i would have struggled to hold my tongue I am a smoker but wouldnt dream of being so disrespectful to my fellow passengers but then there is always one who spoils it for the rest x

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, enjoy your time together :)

I did not notice that, maybe they are holding something down with it?

Thank you for following and commenting :)

Or maybe they were using it to dry articles? You have amazing attention to detail!

Since the floor space is taken up by the table top, I can't see it as saving space.

Look what I just got!!!!!!

Thank you so much Barklee!

untitled-1_zps1igrrzsy.jpg

You are welcome Felipe. I'm glad it fit you. I fell behind on reading your review and am finally catching up. This is one of the best cruise trip reports I've seen on CC.

Randy

Gambee, I was trying to do a quote on a post, but for some reason it won't let me. In your post about Magen's Bay (Post #813) you asked about other possible beaches in St. Thomas for an upcoming cruise. I can definitely recommend Sapphire Beach. We've been there twice now, once in May 2013 and again in September 2015 and love it. There are beautiful views out towards St. John and the BVI's (Jost van Dyke & Tortola) and some smaller islands in between. Very easy to get loungers and they will set them up for you. I can't remember the exact cost, but think it was around $15.00 for two loungers. There is plenty of natural shade under the sea grape trees. If you snorkel, there is is snorkeling there as well, best is over towards the right where the coral is. The beach itself is a little rocky/coral towards the right but mostly sand over on the left. When we were there in 2013, over on the left it was sand walking into to the water, but due to some erosion, it was a little rocky entering when there in 2015. They have clean restrooms and also a dive shop where you can rent snorkel gear (we have our own). There is also a restaurant that seems to be reasonably priced. I've seen it mentioned several times, but they also serve mahi mahi sandwiches there, in addition to other food. We've never purchased any food there so I have no personal experience with it. Both times we've been there, there is someone walking the beach taking drink orders.

We were in Magen's Bay in 1992 on our honeymoon and although we thought it was pretty, we prefer Sapphire. We've also been to Trunk Bay in St. John - also beautiful if you have time to get over there.

I was going to wait until you finished to comment so this doesn't cut into your review, but I am really enjoying this one as much as I have your others. I've seen pictures of Oasis before, but nothing like yours...I definitely think you have me sold - I'd love to try sailing on her one of these days. Loved your pictures of her at night in San Juan...I love all your pictures. I'll save the rest for when you finish. :)

Gambee the review is awesome!!! I love your writing style ( grammatical errors and all), your pictures, your sense of humor, and your love for your mom! I read your Alllure of the Seas review, loved that review as well, and can't wait to continue on with this review!!!

This is just a very hard comparison. On one hand, you have a beast of a cruise, with good food, excellent service, tons of things to do, and with decades of experience in the US market.

On the other you have a company who is trying to make a mark on the US market. With so so food, few things to do, and service that leaves a lot to be desired. One thing I will say is that their ships are absolutely stunning. Personally, I would not sail Divina again, but I do have my eyes on seaside. It seems like a very intriguing project.

The other aspect that you can't ignore is finances. You said you got a balcony for under 1300, sure you can get get good deals on the O sisters around Nov and early December. But please note that my cruise was more than double that figure. So if you have the money, yes, switch to O. There's no question about it, that the product is way superior.

But then again, you lose nothing in trying both brands and seeing which works best for you. That's exactly what we did :)[/QUOT

I really appreciate your input. I apologize if I shouldn't have asked this question on this review. I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

On a positive note, we've booked Oasis based upon your review. We'll likely try MSC another time.

Thanks again for your kindness.

Good morning Gambee!

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Hope you enjoy the last few days of your cruise. It is nice to follow your review and read such positive comments, and see such great photos.

Enjoy!

I was seriously tired that morning, 5 ports in a row really do a number on you. I never realized how convenient it was to have sea days in the middle to give you a break of all the running and what not. Or maybe it was the fact that I was waking up so early each morning, and not even taking a nap or anything. Either way I was finding it really hard to get out of bed that morning. I really don't know where my mom gets her energy from...

I was actually woken up by our neighbor knocking on the something in the room next to us. And since my head was next to the connecting door, I pretty much felt like I was inside their room. I thought, men, we really can't catch a break. But thankfully that only happened on that morning.

Eventually I made my way to the balcony.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-1_zpsqqtj4xyk.jpg

The weather was a little rainy.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-2_zpsc7bmwcmf.jpg

This was our first time in St Kitts.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-3_zpszmmdznca.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-4_zps18py39w1.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-5_zpsvzvizbf1.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-6_zpsdqre8lyv.jpg

The weather was a bit rainy, and that actually kind of got my hopes up. Maybe, just maybe I could stay on the ship and do nothing but sleep and relax all day. But I knew that I could not do that to mom, there was no way that I would even let her know that I was so exhausted.

So we waited for a little while for the ship to dock, and for the weather to break.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-9_zpsj6x89qmi.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-10_zps4nmyc1ht.jpg

At one point I went back to bed, to try to get some sleep.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-11_zpspknhpory.jpg

At one time I turned on the tv and they had that RCCL song that tells you to wash your hands. I found it funny, because at one point of the song they say something along of this. And if you feel sick, just got to the doctor and he will make you feel better. I immediately thought, more like the doctor will have you quarantined and ruin the rest of your cruise :rolleyes:

That brought to mind when I got sick on the Carnival Victory from the eggs benedict. I thought of reporting that to the crew, so no one else would get sick from them. But there was no way that I take a chance at ruining my cruise.

0.jpg

Mom then offered to go get us something to eat. I think she figured out that I was kind of tired. I told her that I wanted the loaded bagel from park cafe. She actually wrote down what I liked in it and of she went.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-12_zpsd5jabxut.jpg

The weather started to break so I knew that we had to get ready to head out. My chances of vegetating all day were pretty much obliterated :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-13_zpsavfhg0lm.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-14_zpsxczpqqbo.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-15_zpsym1qv3gy.jpg

All the shore excursions leaving. I thought of doing that excursion of the catamaran to Nevis, but later on decided not to. You know, $$$, I think it was $109 per person.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-17_zpsef4xoly8.jpg

I wonder why the yellow one has so much more people than this one.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-18_zpsuiqldxoi.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-22_zpsuu0mvb0k.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-23_zpssqwcgogk.jpg

As we were getting ready the CD came over the speakers and suggested to leave soon as there was another ship approaching and the dock would get very busy. Mom then noticed the Navigator OTS coming in. For some reason I thought we were the only ship in port that day.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-20_zpsdllbcvrl.jpg

We rushed to the gangway, but when we got there they had just roped off the doors. The captain had given the orders to stop everyone until the other cruise docked, and tied the lines.

I wasted no time in sitting on the floor.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-26_zpso7y24p3e.jpg

There were quite a few people concerned about their shore excursions, but they were told that everything would be put on hold for them.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-28_zpsqgheub5g.jpg

They had us waiting there about 30 minutes, by the time the captain cleared us, there must of been over 200 people waiting. Come to think about it, 200 is nothing on a ship this size.

Mom and I were second in line.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-29_zpsg9hzeavx.jpg

Welcome to cruise ship canyon!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-30_zpsgph0fgbm.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-31_zpsvbfgezuq.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-32_zpswzgkqh7l.jpg

They were so close together! I have never seen anything like it before. That dock was so narrow, that I think if they both docked facing forward, their bridges would come in contact.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-35_zpsqv1udgez.jpg

Initially I had planned to take kite boarding lessons in this port. I cancelled for several reasons, $ of course is one of them, the other being that I would be worn out for the last two days of the cruise, and lastly because the beach that I was supposed to do it was pretty far away.

In a way I regret cancelling it, but knowing how tired I was that day, I think it was the best possible outcome. By the way, the wind that day was perfect!

As we entered into the tourist trap, we were asked by everyone and anyone if we wanted to go the beach. Sure, that's exactly where we want to go. So one guy told us to stand behind him and wait. We waited and waited and waited. Seemed like no one wanted to go to the beach that day. It was still raining a little.

Then I told mom lets just go, this was after 15 minutes of waiting. As we were going to go, another lady poached us and put us with a larger group that was only waiting for 4 more. With us 2, that meant that they only needed 2 more. Then we waited and waited and waited, and it started raining harder. Next thing you know, the group spread out and disappeared. The lady was trying to get it back together, but most people said that with the rain they rather not go to the beach.

I told mom screw it, let's just go to where they park the taxis.

We walked for a little while.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-37_zpsp9nrjl94.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-38_zpspis4ykly.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-39_zps4huilnt8.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-40_zpsxr2uolhx.jpg