!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

By the way, before I forget. We stopped that night in St. Thomas with another medical emergency.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-430_zpspzceutrg.jpg

And off to the jacuzzi we went again.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-434_zpsoufotvmp.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-432_zpsg7xx4wnz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-433_zpsxxfyjc8x.jpg

I was all pruned up by the time we got out, it was a perfect way to end the day. Well, other than my skin burning like hell when I first got in the jacuzzi :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-435_zpseiic4efr.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-443_zpsztb9wavh.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-444_zps6n5gxwo5.jpg

We went back to the room to relax on our balcony, and enjoy the last bit of moms wine. By then I was feeling nice and relaxed.

I also forgot to mention that at one point Ikas manager checked back on us. He asked us if there was anything more they could do to improve our experience. To be honest, we were super happy already there. But all things being said, that area was much louder than before. Kids running in the hallway, and our handicap neighbors were always banging on stuff, I am not sure doing what. But honestly, that did little to bother us. We were just thrilled to be away from the smoke.

One thing that I realize now is that should have placed the mattress against the wall since there was no sofa. Moving that heavy mattress each morning and night was a real pain in the butt.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-451_zps7fyqevai.jpg

While this was a sort of a down day, it was still one of my favorite days on-board Lady-O.

End day 7.

There was a recent story on NPR about this. It is simple, as long as you have a couple hundred thousand dollars to pay for the property. The practice was popularized on several Caribbean islands as a way for Russians and other nationalities to get a passport with which they could travel more freely and without having to get Visas, but some governments have stopped accepting such passports with no visa restrictions already, so it is dropping off. Regarding the beaches on St. Kitts, they are not the best among cruise ports. St. Kitts is beautiful inland, with the amazing Brimstone Fortress and other sites, incredible views, and rainforest areas.

I also wanted to thank you for the review and wonderful pictures. I liked your comment about the art on Oasis--I agree, and although I don't know that they do it any longer, when we were on Oasis years ago, they did an art tour of the ship. Apparently they spent over $10 million on mostly commissioned artworks, and it shows.

Thanks for all the info, looks like you're well informed. Glad you have enjoyed the review, still 2 more days to come :)

Hi Gambee- Thank you for another amazing review & amazing photos!! My DH & I sail on Lady O for the 3rd time in July & can't wait! By the way we LOVE Solarium Bistro for dinner. The food , service & ambience are excellent. We end up eating there many nights. It's our own BLU. Hope you can try it. Enjoy the rest of your cruise & bless you & your Mom.

Paula

Seems like I will have to try the solarium bistro next time around. Thank you for the nice words Paula, continue to enjoy :)

I enjoyed hearing about your day in St Kitts. Loved cruise ship canyon! I hope they have improved the roads since we were there around this time last year because some of the ones we were on were some of the worst we have ever seen. Really narrow and really bad shape. We decided we never wanted to have to drive there! :eek: However, tje roads that showed in your pictures didn't look bad at all. I'm sure we will end up on a ship that visits St Kitts again. I can't wait to see the difference. :cool:

I guess I would have to think what to do there next time, I am not entirely sure that going to the beach is the right plan for that island.

Hi Gambee - we tried Solarium Bistro for the first time in February and it quickly became one of our favorites! I loved the setting and how peaceful beautiful it was - and for some reason, it was never crowded. I'm not sure if it hasn't caught on yet...but I think as more people try it, the popularity may increase. I thought the food and service were both fantastic and I loved hearing the water flowing in the Solarium fountains. The cauliflower and leek soup was to die for, would definitely recommend! We will definitely be going back on our Harmony cruise :)

I keep hearing that from everyone who has been, I guess it is a must on our next O cruise :)

A tour of St Kitts is definitely the way to go. We used Royston Tours and it was fabulous. Royston is a total hoot, he made it so much fun. I was excited to see the black sand beaches, so we went to South Friar's beach. I am from Pensacola Beach, so I grew up with sugar white soft sand that squeaks when you walk on it, thought it would be cool to see something different. Not a fan of how it stuck to you and was hard to rinse off, but I'm glad we checked it out. My kids and some of our group decided to do "mud baths" to make the most of it. :D:D:D

7-23-2015%20Day%205%20St%20Kitts%20312_zpsid8d8uli.jpg

I have to join in thanking you for this review. We have been on 20 Disney cruises and have never sailed another line. We booked the Allure for this summer and of course are excited but also a little nervous of the unknown. Your review of the Allure's sister ship has done a lot to calm our nerves and get all of us - including my two kids - so excited for this sailing. Thank you again!

Hi. Thanks for your review. You seemed to see so much more of this ship than I did?

Can I ask, whats with the chair lying on the floor and the mattress on the floor? Do you have a sore back to go with your sunburn? I am glad you got away from the smokers btw!

I have to join in thanking you for this review. We have been on 20 Disney cruises and have never sailed another line. We booked the Allure for this summer and of course are excited but also a little nervous of the unknown. Your review of the Allure's sister ship has done a lot to calm our nerves and get all of us - including my two kids - so excited for this sailing. Thank you again!

Having sailed a few times on Disney, I think you will be blown away by the Allure. While Disney had some nice features- the rotating restaurants were nice, the Allure has so many more entertainment and dining options. Your kids will really enjoy ice skating, rock climbing walls, wave pool, the surfing machines etc. Since our grandkids were past 6, they much prefer the Allure and Oasis- and soon the Harmony to the Disney ships.

Adults also have many more options on the Oasis class ships. If your children like characters, you can take them to the character breakfast and the many parades the ship has. The camps are also excellent on the Allure.

Enjoy your cruise!! I do not think you will go back to Disney.

If you are enjoying this review of Gambee's, then you must read his Allure review as you will be on her. It is listed at the bottom of each of his posts. Just click and enjoy!

Please do a review after your cruise I will be interested to hear your impressions after such a long time of only Disney.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Having sailed a few times on Disney, I think you will be blown away by the Allure. While Disney had some nice features- the rotating restaurants were nice, the Allure has so many more entertainment and dining options. Your kids will really enjoy ice skating, rock climbing walls, wave pool, the surfing machines etc. Since our grandkids were past 6, they much prefer the Allure and Oasis- and soon the Harmony to the Disney ships.

Adults also have many more options on the Oasis class ships. If your children like characters, you can take them to the character breakfast and the many parades the ship has. The camps are also excellent on the Allure.

Enjoy your cruise!! I do not think you will go back to Disney.

Thanks for your thoughts! Kids don't stand in line for characters anymore, nor do they visit the kids clubs. They are 12 and 17 and like to be with us or do activities together. We were able to get two cabins on the Allure for an August sailing for nearly half the cost of one cabin on the DCL Fantasy for the same week. Kind of a no brainer to give this a shot at this point!

Hi Philip, great to see you back with another great review. I had to figure out that I need to view it on your website http://www.cruisewithgambee.com to see the photos as the bandwith or internet is not strong enough at home to see them. Caught up now.

I also wanted to express my condolences on the family bereavement and wish your uncle well in his recovery. He was a hoot on the last review! Hope someone has gone to visit him wearing a horse's head!! Congratulations on your citizenship and your grad school. Busy times ahead. Looking forward to the Escape review.

Photo question, what size do you select to put on CC? I had trouble with my photos on my Divina review. All the best and Keep on Cruising! Ken

A tour of St Kitts is definitely the way to go. We used Royston Tours and it was fabulous. Royston is a total hoot, he made it so much fun. I was excited to see the black sand beaches, so we went to South Friar's beach. I am from Pensacola Beach, so I grew up with sugar white soft sand that squeaks when you walk on it, thought it would be cool to see something different. Not a fan of how it stuck to you and was hard to rinse off, but I'm glad we checked it out. My kids and some of our group decided to do "mud baths" to make the most of it. :D:D:D

We tend to skip tour of the islands, we are both beach bums and think our time is better spent doing what we both like the most. And I guess when we have done island tours we have not had the best time doing so. What I do regret is not taking the catamaran tour to nevis, that is why I am seriously thinking on taking it in Tortola. It really depends if we score the Vibe passes, if we don't then I think I will use that money to take the Cat tour :)

You're very welcome, glad that you're enjoying it. WoW 20 cruises on Disney, that is quite a bit of cruising! I am not sure I would ever do that in one single cruise line, I enjoy variety and trying every cruise line. That said, I think you picked the right ship to venture out of your comfort zone. I rated the Disney Dream the highest of all my sailings, but I still think that I had more fun in the O sisters. Have a fabulous voyage :)

Hi. Thanks for your review. You seemed to see so much more of this ship than I did?

Can I ask, whats with the chair lying on the floor and the mattress on the floor? Do you have a sore back to go with your sunburn? I am glad you got away from the smokers btw!

I actually think that I did less on this cruise, than I did on the Allure, not sure why... Then again, maybe 9 days are not enough :D

I discussed that back in day 2. I am a light sleeper and mom snores a little, so I placed it as far as possible so that I could get some sleep.

Not really, the sunburn was just on that place. It was not as bad as it appeared to be.

Thank you for following up to this point :)