!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Gambler, your review inspired me. I just book the Freedom of the Seas for a 7 day sept 4 with my mom. I hope it is a good ship, but I'm so excited to go with my mom for some mother-daughter time!

I hope you have a fabulous cruise with mom :)

Bon Voyage!

Gambee,

This review is fantastic! I'm doing the Western Itinerary however I enjoy the photos of the ship. It's amazing how serene it seems even though there's 5400 people on board. Its going to be a long wait until January!

Thank you :). By the way, check out my Allure review, that was doing the western route.

Hi Philip, great to see you back with another great review. I had to figure out that I need to view it on your website http://www.cruisewithgambee.com to see the photos as the bandwith or internet is not strong enough at home to see them. Caught up now.

I also wanted to express my condolences on the family bereavement and wish your uncle well in his recovery. He was a hoot on the last review! Hope someone has gone to visit him wearing a horse's head!! Congratulations on your citizenship and your grad school. Busy times ahead. Looking forward to the Escape review.

Photo question, what size do you select to put on CC? I had trouble with my photos on my Divina review. All the best and Keep on Cruising! Ken

Glad you're all caught up, thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.

For CC I use 1024x683. I would suggest nothing longer than 1024. I tested many sizes and that one was the one which fit best.

One thing that I realize now is that should have placed the mattress against the wall since there was no sofa. Moving that heavy mattress each morning and night was a real pain in the butt.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-451_zps7fyqevai.jpg

While this was a sort of a down day, it was still one of my favorite days on-board Lady-O.

End day 7.

[/color][/b]

We had a large family ocean view on the last family trip. My adult daughter snored so loud I moved the entire bed to the hallway in the cabin. Worked like a charm, but I thought who else would actually move their bed? Thank you.... and, it was quite difficult sliding that bed around every morning and night. :o

Thank you so much for the review, really enjoying it! We haven't cruised on any of the big girls yet, but your review makes me excited to give her a try!

Edited by artypharty

Gambee,

I was also on this cruise with my hubby. Wish I would have known you and your mom before going. Now I almost feel like part of your family, lol. I keep searching your photos and guess what saw me, although it was the back end, haha so I won't point it out. I can't thank you enough for doing this and me getting to relive the best cruise we have ever taken again.

Cindy

The cruise was quickly coming to an end, we had just those two sea days left. We woke up to what looked like another amazing weather day.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-2_zpsmzppxsjx.jpg

I had completely neglected backing up my pictures, and I decided to go ahead and make sure that all my data was safe. It was really wreckless of me of doing that, specially considering that I almost lost all my data during our Divina cruise.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-1_zps7fgifwhg.jpg

Since mom went to mass, I decided to go have breakfast at the windjammer that morning.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-3_zpsmbqhbynb.jpg

The ship was moving ever so slightly, but definitely the most that I felt this ship move. One person said that maybe the captain had the stabilizers off to save gas after the stop in St Thomas.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-4_zpshfsmahbz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-5_zpsd8xy5o8q.jpg

Edited by gambee

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-6_zpsnzy12c1f.jpg

It was around 8:20am, still nice and quiet. The calm before the storm :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-7_zpsjuo6q1bt.jpg

I am almost sure that is the Diamond area, and suite guests? I actually had the opportunity of going in one night when there was no one there, but for some reason did not do it.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-8_zpsffazh5to.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-9_zpsdtvzlfdv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-11_zpsdaj8z85w.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-12_zpsgjw4jeog.jpg

And here we have one of the infamous chair hogs. She was carefully setting them all up for her family.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-13_zpszob2ngfg.jpg

It was quite funny, she re-checked everything like 3 times. At one point she folded the headrests, but then decided to put them back. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be a chair hog :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-14_zpstcco2a72.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-15_zpsfiygg3ux.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-16_zps1mv1wrx2.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-23_zpskwmcr495.jpg

OMG!!! I just realized that I did not have one french toast on this cruise :eek:. I guess I will make up for it on my Escape cruise :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-24_zpsxihmwb0r.jpg

So much good food, why do people complain?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-25_zpsicobpovf.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-26_zpsxs5typr3.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-29_zpsewozj98h.jpg

Did I serve myself too much food? You bet! And the worst part was that my stomach was not feeling all that well at that moment. The ship was also rocking a little, definitely the most I’ve felt one of these beats rock. But no where near what I have felt on other vessels.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-30_zpsw90feeyc.jpg

But Yeah, way too much food. The worst part of that I am the kind of person that hates disposing of food. When we were young, our parents told us the story of all the children dying of hunger. That really stuck, and up until now we (all my cuzs) only serve enough to satisfy ourselves. I guess that day my eyes had a larger stomach, I actually felt kind of bad when I could not finish it all :(

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-31_zpsot1vhlrb.jpg

Service in the windjammer is really good, among the best i’ve seen. They refill your coffee constantly, and ask you if everything is good. I can honestly say, that I have not experienced that on any other ship, and that includes Allure.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-32_zps0kjzoqbl.jpg

I went for a walk looking for the library. I found the diamond lounge instead.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-58_zpsiamejawd.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-59_zps2uqyfare.jpg

Then I found this guy by the entrance of the Diamond lounge. It was gorgeous!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-60_zpsjf4ylf54.jpg

Why is it so hidden?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-61_zpsezsnthyu.jpg

They should put it somewhere that gets more traffic.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-62_zpsuloes2in.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-63_zpsa2f4sbuz.jpg

The library was occupied by a group.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-64_zpsepg85zth.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-65_zpse0xgrvux.jpg

Then I went to check on mom. The mass was still going on.

Can you see mom?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-66_zpssuehxuti.jpg

I just waited there for a little while, and once she was finished, we went to get her some food.

It is not NYC unless you can see a street sign :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-67_zpsdzuxnrjk.jpg