!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

I really appreciate your input. I apologize if I shouldn't have asked this question on this review. I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

On a positive note, we've booked Oasis based upon your review. We'll likely try MSC another time.

Thanks again for your kindness.

Don't worry about it, it was a fair question and I had knowledge of both ships. Why not?

I am sure you will love Lady O as much as we did. If you want more info on the sisters, try reading the Allure review. There are things there that I did not cover on this cruise.

Edited by gambee

Wow this is a awesome review ! Thanks for writing it. Read all 55 pages of it so far tonite haha. Now I know what ship is on my next list for my cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is quite some time that you must have spent to read all 55 pages, glad you like it.

Thank you for following =)

Good morning Gambee!

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Hope you enjoy the last few days of your cruise. It is nice to follow your review and read such positive comments, and see such great photos.

Enjoy!

You're very welcome, glad you're enjoying it. Thank you for following along :)

No, it is frangipani, also known as plumeria. They grow nicely in Florida, tho I have never seen one that big.

Haven't made it to the end of the review, hope the question has not already been answered.

Yeah, a few fellow readers responded. Thank you for the input though :)

<<snip>>

He told us that if you buy one of the newer properties [on St. Kitts], you automatically get residency for the island. Dear Lord, that easy????

There was a recent story on NPR about this. It is simple, as long as you have a couple hundred thousand dollars to pay for the property. The practice was popularized on several Caribbean islands as a way for Russians and other nationalities to get a passport with which they could travel more freely and without having to get Visas, but some governments have stopped accepting such passports with no visa restrictions already, so it is dropping off. Regarding the beaches on St. Kitts, they are not the best among cruise ports. St. Kitts is beautiful inland, with the amazing Brimstone Fortress and other sites, incredible views, and rainforest areas.

I also wanted to thank you for the review and wonderful pictures. I liked your comment about the art on Oasis--I agree, and although I don't know that they do it any longer, when we were on Oasis years ago, they did an art tour of the ship. Apparently they spent over $10 million on mostly commissioned artworks, and it shows.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Hi Gambee- Thank you for another amazing review & amazing photos!! My DH & I sail on Lady O for the 3rd time in July & can't wait! By the way we LOVE Solarium Bistro for dinner. The food , service & ambience are excellent. We end up eating there many nights. It's our own BLU. Hope you can try it. Enjoy the rest of your cruise & bless you & your Mom.

Paula

I enjoyed hearing about your day in St Kitts. Loved cruise ship canyon! I hope they have improved the roads since we were there around this time last year because some of the ones we were on were some of the worst we have ever seen. Really narrow and really bad shape. We decided we never wanted to have to drive there! :eek: However, tje roads that showed in your pictures didn't look bad at all. I'm sure we will end up on a ship that visits St Kitts again. I can't wait to see the difference. :cool:

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-219_zpspnwztqi6.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-220_zpsri12wnmk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-221_zpshutoj1ah.jpg

It was so nice in there. How can you not fall in love with this ship?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-222_zpsuvfipyte.jpg

Seeing how busy the jacuzzis are on this ship has me a little worried about Escape. I will try my best to score some Vibe passes, but from what I hear they are nearly impossible to get. Most priority people wipe them clean.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-224_zps8szzkhzg.jpg

Just waiting for the sunset.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-225_zpsebmjl1jk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-234_zpsip088dhu.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-237_zpsaqefuysj.jpg

We went back to the room to shower and change.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-238_zps6ayyp5e7.jpg

And then is when I noticed this little number… It happened during our time in St Marteen, I guess it was the one place that I did not protect. It was not too painful because of the area it was in, although right now it is actually peeling. The ironic part is that I actually bathed myself on sunscreen every two hours during the entire cruise. I just missed that part…

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-246_zpss6kqcm0y.jpg

Another gorgeous sunset aboard Lady O.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-249_zps3xt7z2kk.jpg

This time around, we always left the balcony door open, we were really enjoying our time there.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-254_zps6auoayt2.jpg

For dinner that night we decided to go to the windjammer, I did not feel like waiting to be served that day. Although I will admit that I was a bit worried about going there, especially since most of the reviews that I read complaints about the food there.

Before dinner we went to the viewing deck on top of the bridge. This is an experienced not to be missed. It was super windy. We had so much fun there.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-263_zpssoqdw63s.jpg

As stated before, you can see the kids club from there.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-266_zpsupkjvn15.jpg

A few of the pics are blurry, it was nearly impossible to keep a steady hand with that wind!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-267_zpsv25fxfjk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-271_zpsvmdt4oob.jpg

Hi Gambee - we tried Solarium Bistro for the first time in February and it quickly became one of our favorites! I loved the setting and how peaceful beautiful it was - and for some reason, it was never crowded. I'm not sure if it hasn't caught on yet...but I think as more people try it, the popularity may increase. I thought the food and service were both fantastic and I loved hearing the water flowing in the Solarium fountains. The cauliflower and leek soup was to die for, would definitely recommend! We will definitely be going back on our Harmony cruise :)

Like I said it was super windy, mom had to hold herself on me most of the time.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-296_zps3ca9bowa.jpg

Then we went to the solarium bar so I could get a drink.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-307_zpsg9fnsyqj.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-308_zps9boa7ycb.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-311_zpsczan7jp9.jpg

He made that drink just perfect! The lady back there tried like 4 different wines, and ended up with the one she was already drinking. You could tell that she was driving him nuts!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-313_zpst5fqp0mj.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-345_zpsbj4az1cw.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-346_zpskapnzspl.jpg

The food selection in the windjammer buffet was pretty good, and everything we had was actually really good. No complaints here at all. I think some people tend to complicate things more than they should. Quite honestly, they had much more selection than I have at home, and I don't have to clean the plates afterwards. What is there to complain about?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-347_zps6p6tppcy.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-349_zps3wqltjpk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-350_zpswsqh6jg6.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-351_zpsuq46bt9l.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-375_zpswb8fxo4r.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-376_zpsxk8k2lp7.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-378_zpskkqctafi.jpg

Try working in the service industry with all these gluten free diets…. NOT FUN!!! What really gets me is that people claim that they are intolerant, when you clearly know that it is just a diet. My best friend's ex fiance was intolerant, you don't mess with that!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-379_zpslklmh6dv.jpg

This one said assorted cold cuts, but it really just looked like prosciutto.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-382_zpsxji4y267.jpg