Gratuities

seaztheday1

The one O cruise we have done , included gratuities. I called today and was told that promos for included gratuities for 2017, 2018 would not be available.

The agent could not tell me how they charge you for them.

Any answers here.

All our other cruises have been with Celebrity.

Gratuities are added to your onboard ship account at the end of the cruise. Depending on if you have OBC given to you and the amount of OBC, they may be covered by that, or your credit card will be charged accordingly. See the following link of FAQ's on the O website for actual gratuities charged:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

Gratuities will be charged to your onboard account on a daily basis - unless you can find a TA that will include them.

Or unless you get to O Silver status -- where they are included.

Our TA gives us PPG, but the possibility also exists that O will later add PPG for cruises that aren't selling well as an enticement. Then for those that don't have generous TA's, or just take the cash, can back into the deal.

I have a 2017 cruise with included gratuities which I thought comes from Oceania -- part of the O Life Promotion? Travel agent provided an additional onboard credit.

Gratuities do not come with the OLife promotion, however one option is to take the OBC included with OLife and this can be used towards gratuities. There is a guide on how much gratuities to leave, however it is purely optional and you can leave what you want. As others have mentioned many TA's will also include OBC. My TA also provides rebates off the cruise. Another way to get OBC is if you have an Am Ex Platinum card you can get $300 OBC plus a wine tasting and free bottle of wine on board.

There are/were 2 different O life promos

1 came with PPG

the O Life Choice currently out does not include PPG

Check you details to see which promo you have

Some TA's include PPG as part of their booking incentive

shop around ;)

From the Oceania web site:

FOR SAILINGS BEGINNING WITH THE 2015-16 WINTER SEASON: How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $16.00 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $23.00 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

What does the last line mean? and how would you do it, just curious. Have always traveled with ppg.

I guess you would go to reception and ask for a reduction. About 10 years ago on Holland America the service was so bad that we cut the tipping in half by going to the front desk and asking. Only time in about 25 years we did that so you could guess how bad it was.

Our upcoming cruise did not come with prepaid gratuities...but did get enough OBC from Oceania (not a T.A.) that we could pay out of that....if its possible. Can the OBC be used for that? Thanks.

Yes it can.