Online checkin

Russpuss

I am new to cruising...how soon can I do my online checkin...this seems to be the only way to get your luggage tags? My cruise is June5!

Typically 49 days (7 weeks) before your cruise. This will let you print your luggage tags. Ordering is sometimes later.

If you look at your reservation on My Celebrity there will be a date posted when you can do online check in. It's usually around final payment time. The e-docs are available 49 days before the cruise and that's when you can order your luggage tags. If you have air arrangements through Celebrity e-docs are delayed a bit.

You can start online check in right after booking and finalize it when Xpress pass and luggage tags are available.

Celebrity recently changed this, on line check in is only available about 15 days before final payment is due and the express pass can be printed after final payment is made. There is a statement on the reservation page "On line check in opens:" with the date.

It use to be right after booking you could go online and fill out info, even a year from cruise. Around Nov. it changed to 90 days before the cruise. Your Celebrity web site reservation will let you know. E-docs 49 days and order tags 45 days to sailing. It took 1 week to get tags but other never get them. If no tags after 2 weeks call Capt. club. A last resort use sample from documents you receive and make copies or at embarkation dock have luggage attendant add them.

I am new to cruising...how soon can I do my online checkin...this seems to be the only way to get your luggage tags? My cruise is June5!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. A couple thoughts - luggage tag orders are a bit later. I personally think stapling a piece of paper on your bag is crazy as many are torn off even from the pier to the cabin. MUCH easier to simply put a piece of tape on the top of your bag with your correct cabin number. Then have the porter tag your bags at the curb. There are dozens of threads about problems getting the stupid tags. I ordered mine over a month ago - i give it one fast try - and to no surprise I have not received them. Will simply arrive at the pier and have them tagged there.

Three stages;

1. You can do the first stage *Check in" pretty early. This gets all your information, Passport #s, complete names and addresses, emergency contact information and method of payment information, etc.. You will get a BAR CODED page (credit card info) which is what you will need when you arrive at the cruise terminal. (if you don't have it, it will just add a few minutes to get sea passes.)

2. "Guest Ticket Booklet" pdf. can be printed when you are about 49 days from the cruise date. This lists your dining preferences, itinerary and any packages, transfers or excursions you may have ordered, etc.

3. Luggage tags (this may differ with NON-USA cruisers) can be ordered about the same time the Ticket Booklet pdf. can be downloaded.

BTW The last page or so of the ticket booklet has a copy of your luggage tags, and as stated on the board you can print this out and make and your own tags if you want.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

My cruise is May 6th. I still do not have e-docs. However, I did call Captain's Club last week 800-760-0654 and asked them to mail my luggage tags even though on-line it said they are not yet available. I received them yesterday (within one week of my call). This is my preference to have them sent to me by mail. I prefer them over the paper ones that I print.

My cruise is May 6th. I still do not have e-docs. However, I did call Captain's Club last week 800-760-0654 and asked them to mail my luggage tags even though on-line it said they are not yet available. I received them yesterday (within one week of my call). This is my preference to have them sent to me by mail. I prefer them over the paper ones that I print.

No e-docs???

Check in or ticket booklet?

Surprised you can't get them from the Celebrity website "Already Booked"..?

bosco

No e-docs???

Check in or ticket booklet?

Surprised you can't get them from the Celebrity website "Already Booked"..?

bosco

Just checked again and there they were! :D Now I feel complete!!!!

Edited by angls2u

The only docs I can download is the Express Pass. Should there be anything else? Air tickets and hotel have come from TA.

When you are within 49 or so days of your departure you "should" be able to get what is called you "Ticket Booklet". It has your cruise itinerary, dig seating choice, any transfers or packages or excursions and a color copy of your luggage tags.

You "should" also be able to order your luggage tags (US only as far as I know) at this time if not a few days later.

I just noticed SCOTLAND.. If you can't get luggage tags, just copy the one from your TICKET BOOKLET . Make a few copies. I attach them to my bags with CLEAR packaging tape, several layers of tape and they will not tear or fall off your bags. You can also just have the porters at the pier make them up for you.

bosco

Have a great cruise.

The EXpress pass is all you really need and even if lost you can still get on board, just may take a few minutes longer.. REMEMBER your credit card

If you have transfers (airport to hotel or to port) they will be in the Ticket Booklet as well.

Edited by boscobeans

When you are within 49 or so days of your departure you "should" be able to get what is called you "Ticket Booklet". It has your cruise itinerary, dig seating choice, any transfers or packages or excursions and a color copy of your luggage tags.

You "should" also be able to order your luggage tags (US only as far as I know) at this time if not a few days later.

I just noticed SCOTLAND.. If you can't get luggage tags, just copy the one from your TICKET BOOKLET . Make a few copies. I attach them to my bags with CLEAR packaging tape, several layers of tape and they will not tear or fall off your bags. You can also just have the porters at the pier make them up for you.

bosco

Have a great cruise.

The EXpress pass is all you really need and even if lost you can still get on board, just may take a few minutes longer.. REMEMBER your credit card

If you have transfers (airport to hotel or to port) they will be in the Ticket Booklet as well.

Thanks bosco, we sail in 17 days and I cannot see ticket booklet anywhere! Am not bothered about luggage tags as I can do that from the Express Pass but would like to see confirmation of package,dining times, excursions etc.

Thanks bosco, we sail in 17 days and I cannot see ticket booklet anywhere! Am not bothered about luggage tags as I can do that from the Express Pass but would like to see confirmation of package,dining times, excursions etc.

I'd call and have them email you a pdf. of the booklet..

bosco

We sail in 30 days but haven't received our ticket booklet. I called the TA yesterday and was told that it would be emailed 3 weeks before the cruise date.

We are in the USA and approximately 7 weeks before the cruise we receive an email from Celebrity with the subject line

Your Celebrity Cruises Electronic Documents are now ready

It comes from

documentation@rccl.com

It says:

Thanks again for choosing Celebrity Cruises. Your electronic cruise documents for Reservation Number xxxxxx are now ready at the link below. You will need to enter your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date to access your documents.

Is it important to print out my edocs booklet, 17 pages?

No.

Most of it is the formal terms-and-conditions. You don't really need to carry that. However, I am a bit compulsive so I store a copy as a PDF file on my iPad; I have it with me, but the electrons involved are lighter than 17 sheets of paper.

Is it important to print out my education booklet, 17 pages?

I print out only a few things for our cruises.

1. Online Checkin (the barcoded e-doc)

2. The parts of the TICKET BOOKLET showing dining choice, any transfers, packages or excursions we are getting or purchased. i.e. CRUISE SUMMARY and CRUISE ENHANCEMENTS CONFIRMATION.

3. We always have Credit card redemption points so I print them out as well.

4. If we do not have the preprinted luggage tags I print them out and attach them to our bags.

5 I print an extra luggage tag for each bag and put it inside the luggage just incase the tags are torn off.

6. I print out the first page or so of our insurance policy (ID CARDS) and the luggage enclosures that go into each bag incase they are lost somewhere.

7. Copies of passport or other required ID.

It makes a little booklet of only a few pages (5 or so) and has whatever you may need.

The first page gets turned in at embarkation.

And just like GottaKnow, a pdf. is always saved.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am a member of captains club but my partner is not. The express pass has only printed one doc with me as the primary holder and also as guarantee for my partner. Should we each have our own separate express passes? Is it too late me to add him to captains club?

Edited by leanne aussie