Koningsdam - Laundry?

Lady Arwen

I apologize if this has been asked and answered...I can't find anything.

Does anyone know if there will be any passenger laundry facilities onboard? Our cruise is 10 days and I would be happy to wash/dry a few things to keep our packing to a minimum. If not, then I'll just have to add another piece of luggage!!

HAL has not put these on the last 6 ships (Signature and Vista class ships) built, and generally the cruise industry is not putting them on ships anymore. So I would be very surprised if they were on K Dam.

Edited by CruiserBruce

HAL has not put these on the last 6 ships (Signature and Vista class ships) built, and generally the cruise industry is not putting them on ships anymore. So I would be very surprised if they were on K Dam.

As would I. You just have to cruise more often so you get free laundry :p.

They are not on Koningsdam. However they do have the packages, per item and per bag options available

It's what I expected. I'll either pack more or send it out to be done. Just happy to be going on this wonderful new ship!

Thanks, everyone, for your quick replies!

HAL's laundry is a very good deal. I'd not worry about packing more myself and utilize the "stuff as much as you humanly can into this one bag and give it to them to wash for $20" game. :)

On that note the bags seemed a little bigger than in the past.

HAL's laundry is a very good deal. I'd not worry about packing more myself and utilize the "stuff as much as you humanly can into this one bag and give it to them to wash for $20" game. :)

$20.00 is so reasonable! Sounds like a better plan than lugging around more suitcases! Thank you!

One other thing I wonder about this is HAL's future. On most every HAL cruise I've been on the Future Cruise Consultants will say that the R&S class ships have laundries because they were designed for longer and World cruises. I wonder what that says when there will be no laundries on current HAL ships when the R&S class are gone. Will that be the end of HAL World and Grand cruises?

By the way both Signature twins Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria have laundry rooms. I'm sure glad I just made 4* for free laundry. I'm betting that even so on the Veendam I'll do a load myself to have all clean clothes before moving over to the Breakaway.

Roy

OMG, no laundry facilities?! We're sailing on the K in May, so that's good to know. But this really surprises me ... as we're also sailing on the new Regent Explorer in December, and our cabin there is located across from the laundry room. And Crystal has laundry rooms (albeit on older ships), and all the machines are free of charge.

So ... not sure why HAL decided to forego this feature on the new ship. Truly a bummer.

OMG, no laundry facilities?! We're sailing on the K in May, so that's good to know. But this really surprises me ... as we're also sailing on the new Regent Explorer in December, and our cabin there is located across from the laundry room. And Crystal has laundry rooms (albeit on older ships), and all the machines are free of charge.

So ... not sure why HAL decided to forego this feature on the new ship. Truly a bummer.

You've been lucky so far. Neither RCI nor Celebrity have self service laundries on any of their ships. I'm also lucky that my first HAL cruise on a ship without them will be after I get free laundry as a 4-star Mariner. I also wonder, since you like Crystal and Regent might you be in a suite? I think if so you also get free laundry (although I have no first hand experience). Otherwise your best choices are probably the laundry package or by the bag. The bag is roughly the same size as the bags on Crystal and I think the price is $30 (I'm sure someone will correct me). In addition, HAL's by the piece prices probably about 30% less than on Crystal.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
The all you can stuff in the bag option on Kdam is $30.00. We needed it and the clothes came back nicely folded.

Do you know what the unlimited laundry price was on the Koningsdam? We are sailing on her in October for 16 days, after 5 days in Rome, so I think we will want that option.

Do you know what the unlimited laundry price was on the Koningsdam? We are sailing on her in October for 16 days, after 5 days in Rome, so I think we will want that option.
On other ships it is usually $9 /day in Europe ( $7 /day elsewhere ) and my guess is that it would be the same on the K.

On other ships it is usually $9 /day in Europe ( $7 /day elsewhere ) and my guess is that it would be the same on the K.

Thanks. It will help us not to overpack if we can buy the laundry package. :o

You can fit a lot in the bag. We tightly rolled everything and had about a week worth of stuff in the bag.

How much did you pay per bag.......I keep going back and forth between bag or unlimited. You fit a weeks worth?!?! I know they use industrial washers and dryers......they didn't come back shrunk up or faded?

How much did you pay per bag.......I keep going back and forth between bag or unlimited. You fit a weeks worth?!?! I know they use industrial washers and dryers......they didn't come back shrunk up or faded?

$30.00 for the bag. We did the laundry on day 5 of the cruise. Should have done it a couple of days sooner since we stayed in Rome for two days before the cruise. Nothing was shrunk or faded. They do a nice job.

$30.00 for the bag. We did the laundry on day 5 of the cruise. Should have done it a couple of days sooner since we stayed in Rome for two days before the cruise. Nothing was shrunk or faded. They do a nice job.

Which ship were you on? Thanks for the info:D