Princess vs RCCL

Luv my furbaby

I'm about to become diamond on my next RCCL but am getting bored with the line. I have not sailed Princess in about 15 years. If you have been on both lines what did you like dislike about each line. Am tentatively booked on Regal Princess in January 2017.

I prefer smaller ships and didn't care for Regal Princess for that reason. RCL and Princess are more alike then different. I found RCL to be higher energy with the rock wall, and ice skating rink. Food and service I find to be similar on both lines. I particularly like the promenade area on RCL and Seattles coffee at their cafe which is included in the fare. I like the more subtle decor of Princess. I would say either one since there are both good mass market cruise lines.

Well, I'm one of those sailing both and I like both! I'm on the Regal for a TA plus Baltic, leaving soon. I haven't sailed on the Regal, I have been on the Emerald and none of the newer, big RCI ships.

I became diamond on a Vision Med plus transatlantic last Fall, a great cruise. I am partial to smaller ships, Regal will be an adventure for me! :D I will be Elite with Princess after the transatlantic portion.

Princess, to me, is quieter than RCI, depending on itinerary, a little younger, too. I'm not of the younger crowd, retired and taking longer cruises.

I totally love the International Café on Princess, not having to go to a buffet area if you just want a salad or snack. I also like their coffee card. Because I take longer cruises, the laundry rooms on Princess ships are nice. I thought the B2B turn around day was much better on RCI than the last one I did with Princess.

I was on Princess in 2014, RCI in 2015, both 25 days and in terms of dining, buffet, both were o.k., similar but as stated I like the International Café as an option plus Alfredo's.

I've had great cruises on both lines. (Yes there is butter on Princess, someone was complaining they had to request it, but that is not the norm) do like the coffee shop on RCC being included, but I usually have a coffee card or two with me from prior cruises. Entertainment on RC is different, more broadway style but not broardway talent. Enjoy both for what they are. More youth oriented on the RC.

I have been on both cruise lines and have settled on Princess. The climbing wall, etc are out of our realm these days. While the royal promenade was nice at first, I miss not seeing the sea. I am out on the high sea and cannot see it. I might as well be walking down some street which is what they are trying to do just like Disneyland. I have cruised on Carnival and can handle the rugrats. I do find the food better to me on Princess and more available. I also like dealing with Princess better. I book our cruises directly with Princess these days but sometimes transfer them to a TA if they offer enough incentives.

I'm about to become diamond on my next RCCL but am getting bored with the line. I have not sailed Princess in about 15 years. If you have been on both lines what did you like dislike about each line. Am tentatively booked on Regal Princess in January 2017.

If I'm to be totally honest, I don't recommend Regal to a RCI cruiser. I think you'll be disappointed. I recommend looking to a Celebrity Solstice Class ship or even the new HAL Koningsdam for something different. There's too much about the Regal that doesn't add up to RCI - the staterooms are small, balconies are pathetic, the promenade is a joke, and there are no lounges with panoramic views of the sea.

...I miss not seeing the sea. I am out on the high sea and cannot see it. I might as well be walking down some street which is what they are trying to do just like Disneyland.

The OP is looking to book Regal. What you said describes Regal to a T. Regal doesn't even have a lounge on the ship that looks out to sea. Not one. The whole focus is inwards.

Edited by Cruzaholic41

We are diamond plus on Royal, but only one on Princess-although we booked a TA on Caribbean Princess over one on Celebrity coming up. Celebrity and Princess are mostly comparitive, but for us, Royal has gone down hill over the years. They now market to young families-water slides etc. and have taken away some of the space to make pay restaurants that could have and was public rooms- check out Radiance and the aft lounge. Caribbean Princess reminded us of how Royal used to be-3 dance lounges at night, lots of things to do. Food better on Princess, about same on Celebrity. We have Liberty in Oct. and it may be our last Royal ship. :(