Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I agree. If I carried my seapass in a visible area, which I don't, I would have it positioned with the back showing so none of my information was visible. I certainly wouldn't "make sure" that my C&A level was visible.

I purposely buy shorts/slacks with back pockets to slide my sea pass card into.

I am not a "lanyard" type display person. ;)

I heard it was the Feds who kept EX passengers from disembarking and also held traffic in various areas. We got there before they closed off roads but stood in line for 2 hours outside.

That doesn't sound too good. What was the reason behind the delay in disembarking and keeping the passengers onboard, did you ever find out? :eek:

~~ Regarding splitting the meals with an officer: Radiance's Hawaii cruise on April 20 originally had Pinnacles at a breakfast and upper tier D+ at a luncheon. There must have been complaints, because a few days after the invitations to lunch went out to D+, Pinnacles were belatedly invited. (IMO, it was not handled well.)

"Status" has nothing to do with it. They will do that for absolutely anyone, and Platinum isn't that high up anyways. You are selling yourself short and missing great experiences if you're married to RCI for the "perks".

But, with only 250 C&A members on the Majesty, with a full ship of over 2700, we learned from other passengers that everyone Gold and higher was being treated well.

As for the WJ, there were plenty of people looking for empty tables, but we were the only ones who were singled out for getting a table ASAP.

Yes, I know that sticking with one service provider can limit choices, but I would rather be treated well for being loyal than treated as if I'm on the bottom rung.

I purposely buy shorts/slacks with back pockets to slide my sea pass card into.

I am not a "lanyard" type display person. ;)

I'm not either. I have a little cloth change purse, I think it's from Vera Bradley. It has a zipper, no magnet, and holds my sea pass and tip money. Slips right into my pocket, and in all my cruises, I've never had a problem with it falling out.

But, with only 250 C&A members on the Majesty, with a full ship of over 2700, we learned from other passengers that everyone Gold and higher was being treated well.

As for the WJ, there were plenty of people looking for empty tables, but we were the only ones who were singled out for getting a table ASAP.

Yes, I know that sticking with one service provider can limit choices, but I would rather be treated well for being loyal than treated as if I'm on the bottom rung.

And did you hear complaints that those folks below gold level felt that they were not being treated well?

Wonder why gold and above? Why wasn't everyone treated well?

M

Interesting thread. Some of it funny. A few really snooty.

What I thought was funny was the Diamond Lounge no longer allowing Diamond level to enter due to being over crowded by Diamond + passengers.

My solution to over crowding of the CL will never be adopted because it is kind of in that snooty class-

Suite passengers should not have access to CL because their suite should be big enough they can stay in their room. :)

Anyway, The main question I have is why is it that people place so much importance to having a crew member or officer eat dinner with them? It seemed like of all the benefits you get in the C&A Loyalty program, that one had the most post reference here. I don't get it. You spend a couple hundred grand on cruising just to have dinner with an officer? Why?

Here's what I really would like to see happen with C&A- Since Celebrity and Royal are really the same company, they should just have one loyalty program so we can accumulate points regardless which line we go on. That is my number one request.

My favorite perks are the discounts for loyalty.

I like the Diamond Lounge for a light breakfast because they serve salmon and bagels. I go there just for that. A glass of Champagne before dinner is nice too but I agree then it is usually crowded.

Finally priority boarding is nice too.

The little pins, I like to wear on Formal night. They go well on my Blazer and look good with the nautical brass buttons. Every time I wear them on formal night, I get several compliments from other passengers and crew. I don't expect special treatment. I just like the look.

Anyway, we're back on board Anthem Saturday. So regardless of the changes we hope to have a fun time. Only wish is they it was a 7 day trip, not a 5 day.

Our concierge in the Diamond Club on Anthem was Andrew Fine Gold. He is really great and very helpful and with the overflow into the Music Hall (right outside) we never felt crowded. There were some people that got there almost an hour early to get their favorite table, but we never had problems finding a place since we did't feel the need to have a regular spot. There were several servers and all of them were very quick. We met several really great people and made new friends. It was one of our favorite experiences of the cruise and we looked forward to it every evening.

I'm jealous that your in a few days. You're going to love it.

BTW, I asked him about all of these alleged loyalty program changes and he said he hadn't heard anything about anything changing. He said more people were using the 3 drink coupons so going elsewhere, but there were always plenty of people in the club every night as well. He didn't see that changing any time soon, at least on the Anthem.

Andrew really looks out for us. He helped get us into a show we wanted to see and got us off the ship faster, and helped other people with various excursions, dinner reservations, etc. He was always busy, but always pleasant. I even went in one morning around 7a and he was already there.

You're going to love it.

Tom

Anyway, we're back on board Anthem Saturday. So regardless of the changes we hope to have a fun time. Only wish is they it was a 7 day trip, not a 5 day.

I don't think they were implying that everyone else wasn't being treated well, but that those in the C&A program were getting what they expected as perks. I don't think there is a level below Gold so I am assuming this was a way of saying everyone in the program.

Tom

Wonder why gold and above? Why wasn't everyone treated well?

M

Our concierge in the Diamond Club on Anthem was Andrew Fine Gold. He is really great and very helpful and with the overflow into the Music Hall (right outside) we never felt crowded. There were some people that got there almost an hour early to get their favorite table, but we never had problems finding a place since we did't feel the need to have a regular spot. There were several servers and all of them were very quick. We met several really great people and made new friends. It was one of our favorite experiences of the cruise and we looked forward to it every evening.

BTW, I asked him about all of these alleged loyalty program changes and he said he hadn't heard anything about anything changing. He said more people were using the 3 drink coupons so going elsewhere, but there were always plenty of people in the club every night as well. He didn't see that changing any time soon, at least on the Anthem.

Andrew really looks out for us. He helped get us into a show we wanted to see and got us off the ship faster, and helped other people with various excursions, dinner reservations, etc. He was always busy, but always pleasant. I even went in one morning around 7a and he was already there.

You're going to love it.

Tom

Andrew in the DL is wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful. Sailed with him twice and hope he is still on for my 3 sailings in the fall.

I agree. If I carried my seapass in a visible area, which I don't, I would have it positioned with the back showing so none of my information was visible. I certainly wouldn't "make sure" that my C&A level was visible.

Agree....I only wear clothing that has pockets ...capris, shorts and slacks...and that's sometimes hard for us ladies to do...but for me it's a must.;)

Edited by Ashland

Agree....I only wear clothing that has pockets ...capris, shorts and slacks...and that's sometimes hard for us ladies to do...but for me it's a must.;)

I thought you all just kept stuff in your bra. ;)

You're going to love it.

Tom

Andrew is currently on vacation.

Interesting thread. Some of it funny. A few really snooty.

What I thought was funny was the Diamond Lounge no longer allowing Diamond level to enter due to being over crowded by Diamond + passengers.

My solution to over crowding of the CL will never be adopted because it is kind of in that snooty class-

Suite passengers should not have access to CL because their suite should be big enough they can stay in their room. :)

You know, it's funny, but I've had somewhat the same thought, with an embellishment. (Okay, it's more of a fantasy. I admit it.) I am D+ currently and we've sailed in full suites on about 1/3 of our cruises. So I'm really trying to look at this concept from both directions, that of a D+ and that of a suite guest.

In terms of an actual physical lounge for Suite pax, I agree with you that this is not necessarily needed. It would be better if Royal would put a fancy coffee machine (smaller version) in each suite. AND they should fully stock the bar in the suites with an assortment of liquors/wines/mixers and provide a limited number of hours of in-suite bartender service, complete with mixers, garnishes, and hors d'oeuvres (like maybe 4-8 hours per suite on a 7 night cruise, depending on the level of suite. You could book your hours/nights with the Suite Concierge.) This perk would enable suite pax to truly entertain friends and family in their suites and would be much nicer than hanging out in a lounge. Yeah, the cost of the suite might go up some to cover this, but I think it'd be worth it.

So that's my fantasy...as a Suite guest I could entertain in my suite, and as a D+ I'd get less of a crowd in the lounge. I win! :p:):p

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

On our Serenade cruise last February, there were a LOT of D+ higher tier and Pinnacles.

They did a lunch on one of the sea days. Must have been close to a hundred of us in

there! :eek:

Will be interesting to see what they do on Alaska Radiance cruise. Won't be nearly as

many D, D+, and P's on that one.

That says a lot about the folks who take longer cruises. I knew some other folks on your cruise -- Kathy and Alex (screen name DETT). Were a lot of the passengers from FL?

That doesn't sound too good. What was the reason behind the delay in disembarking and keeping the passengers onboard, did you ever find out? :eek:

~~ Regarding splitting the meals with an officer: Radiance's Hawaii cruise on April 20 originally had Pinnacles at a breakfast and upper tier D+ at a luncheon. There must have been complaints, because a few days after the invitations to lunch went out to D+, Pinnacles were belatedly invited. (IMO, it was not handled well.)

The delay was because one of the Federal Agencies (either NASA or FAA) would not allow disembarkation during the launch window. They also closed some roads. The launch was scrubbed and then passengers could disembark. I think it would have been handled better at the new terminal 1, which separates embarking and disembarking passengers. This was at the Terminal 10.

If the loyalty programs continue to hold sway as they have done in the past few years, it may come to that. The Suite lounges installed on some of the ships will only be a temporary solution as the number of advanced loyalty members continues to grow. Overcrowding will continue to be a problem.

Because of peculiar circumstances, mentioned earlier in the thread, we are

suite people. Even if our guests are eligible for SL admission, we find it much

more enjoyable to entertain in our suite. I do not mind being the bartender for

the evening and, true, we do have to add some bar supplies in addition to

what we bring on board but the ambiance of in-suite entertaining is worth it.

In short, your scheme is a great idea but just a little premature.

HAPPY SAILING!

Edited by KatnBob
typos

We usually just get a balcony room for 7 day or less and go for the Jr Suite on the 2 week cruises. We do spend a lot of time in the rooms, on the balcony, enjoying the solitude on sea days. The DL is also nice for a change of venue and a snack.

For you Royal Suite passengers, I agree for what you pay they could gift all your liquor free for the cruise. Then I would wish for free Diet cokes for the Jr Suite too as long as I'm wishing. :)

We had one time when disembarkation was delayed for an hour and the reason was the US Customs staff were late to work that day. Can't recall which Port that was but it wasn't Canaveral. I do know they close things down when there is a launch, so that sounds about right.

Hit the road in the morning so time to sign off.

We are not entertain in your suite kinda people. We enjoyed the suite lounge/CK on Allure. It's not like we went and hung out. We rarely even sat down. Usually we just got a drink and either went to dinner in the main dining room or CK.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app