Best time to book

We just returned from our first cruise and had an amazing time!! We would like to book another spring break cruise for April 2017. We would like to sail on the Allure so we can do the Eastern itinerary. (We just got off the Oasis, western itinerary). I thought, the sooner we book, the better the price. However, I priced the 7 night Allure cruise online,, it seems to be a total of $800 more than what I paid for the same adjoining cabins. Question---is there any known sales that RCCL runs that I should keep an eye out for? I booked the Oasis in November 2015 and took advantage of a price drop in February 2016 and received upgraded cabin category and a total of $600 OBC. Did I just get lucky? Thanks!!!

We just returned from our first cruise and had an amazing time!! We would like to book another spring break cruise for April 2017. We would like to sail on the Allure so we can do the Eastern itinerary. (We just got off the Oasis, western itinerary). I thought, the sooner we book, the better the price. However, I priced the 7 night Allure cruise online,, it seems to be a total of $800 more than what I paid for the same adjoining cabins. Question---is there any known sales that RCCL runs that I should keep an eye out for? I booked the Oasis in November 2015 and took advantage of a price drop in February 2016 and received upgraded cabin category and a total of $600 OBC. Did I just get lucky? Thanks!!!

The sales change weekly, literally. Pricing is generally less in the lower demand sailing months (Jan, Feb, April, Oct, Nov) The best time to book is when occupancy is low for the category you want. Unfortunately, this variable is different for every cruise.

All I can suggest is book what you want and can afford now. Then, re-check pricing regularly to see if a better deal comes along. You can make changes and/or cancel a booking up until the final deposit due date.

Us too...just returned from Allure...love the class and would love to go again on one of the sister ships (so not repeating the same shows). Have noticed as well that prices have gone up tons so for same stateroom, it's $1000 more than we paid. Guess since you know when you want to travel, and you can rebook up to final payment, you may as well book now and monitor prices.

Usually, the least expensive prices are when the itinerary is first released. The sooner you book, the lower the price. And if it does go down, you can get the lower price unless it is designated for new bookings only. For instance when Harmony was first released back in June I booked b2b Jr. Suites during the first week. The rates increased after about a week. As of now, those Jr. Suites are very nearly double what we paid.

Timing seems unpredictable. I've been monitoring cruise rates, and then all of a sudden yesterday got 2 amazing deals at Costcotravel for September 4 sailing (one on Allure, one on Freedom). (Can't decide which to take!) I looked today, and it was $400-$600 more!

Thank you for the replies, everyone! I was just surprised that the price 1 year out for the Allure is significantly more than what I paid for the Oasis. I thought with Harmony sailing that the Allure's price would stay the same or maybe go down a little. Maybe I just got a really good deal on Oasis April 2016 sailing....thanks again!!

I booked Harmony for March 2018 for an insane amount in March. I book early to get the staterooms that I want and since I booked with Next Cruise my deposit is fairly minimal. I keep checking prices and no luck so far but I hope that this November there will be another cyber Monday sale to bring the price down. If not, I'll change my reservation to another ship.

You should keep more of an open mind when booking and not limit yourself to just one cruise line or ship.

If you know the week you are going then use a online cruise TA site and look at all the different cruises that week.

Sometimes you can find very dramatic price differences among them...

I booked Harmony for March 2018 for an insane amount in March. I book early to get the staterooms that I want and since I booked with Next Cruise my deposit is fairly minimal. I keep checking prices and no luck so far but I hope that this November there will be another cyber Monday sale to bring the price down. If not, I'll change my reservation to another ship.

I also looked at bookng Harmony for March 2018. It's nearly double what I paid for my March break 2017. Booked the Adventure instead, much more reasonable.

I have always found shopping around on all discount travel sites works for me. I have always gotten great deals. We're on the Oasis this Saturday in Boardwalk balconies for an amazing rate plus $225 OBC per cabin. Pick your desired dates and then shop around. You never know who is offering what. I am loyal to no specific agency or the cruise line. I book with the best deal and have never been disappointed.