Elite Plus Cocktail Hour

treasurer

Hi Cruisers,

Is it separate from the elite cocktail hour? If so, does anyone know where and when it is on the Millenium? Thanks for your help.

Hi Elaine,

Elite and Elite Plus social cocktail hour is the same (usually in the Sky Lounge). It runs 5 -- 7pm every evening, except the first night and the evening of the Officers' Party. Zenith members can attend as well.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hi Cruisers,

Is it separate from the elite cocktail hour? If so, does anyone know where and when it is on the Millenium? Thanks for your help.

Congrats on reaching PLUS, but sad to say they are no 'special' events or times any different from what you are used to as a lowly Elite. :D

Thanks for your responses. You are right. We are new to elite plus and thought like RCI there might be a concierge lounge or similar. Oh well---

Again, thanks for your help.

That would be Michaels Club if you are in a Suite or reach the Zenith level.

Thanks for your responses. You are right. We are new to elite plus and thought like RCI there might be a concierge lounge or similar. Oh well---

Again, thanks for your help.

Rumor has it that RCCL is doing away with the Concierge Lounges and changing them to Suite Lounges. They are only for Pinnacle Members and Suite guests. D+ will be going back to the Diamond Lounge.

Guess they are following Celebrity's model.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49749311&postcount=180

Rumor has it that RCCL is doing away with the Concierge Lounges and changing them to Suite Lounges. They are only for Pinnacle Members and Suite guests. D+ will be going back to the Diamond Lounge.

Guess they are following Celebrity's model.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49749311&postcount=180

After speaking to a fellow Michael's Club guest on our last cruise I would not be surprised...They had recently been in an Owners Suite on FOS (and incidentally were D plus) and the conceirge lounge was constantly far too busy for anyone to enjoy. The conceirge was receiving constant complaints from both suite and D plus guests....

It is a few years now since we cruised RC but those conceirge lounges on the Freedom Class and below are just not big enough for loads of guests and even on Oasis Class with their big lounges with the number of suites they have they soon become very busy!

We have also just become Elite Plus...Zenith looks a long way away...

We have also just become Elite Plus...Zenith looks a long way away...

A very, very long way. It's no longer a loyalty program, it's a who has the most money program as people who can book high end suites can get there. Thing is if you have all that money to book high end suites, you don't need to be Zenith. Oh well...........

A very, very long way. It's no longer a loyalty program, it's a who has the most money program as people who can book high end suites can get there. Thing is if you have all that money to book high end suites, you don't need to be Zenith. Oh well...........

I respectfully disagree. My husband and I usually book Royal Suites and have probably 18 cruises on Celebrity. We have recently become Elite Plus and don't think we will ever make Zenith, and we're in our 40's. Last couple of cruises, Michaels Club had several Zenith members who ONLY travel in inside cabins, but clearly cruise often. So not necessarily a perk that only suite guests can obtain.

I believe the point made was that getting to Zenith is an impossible reach for most who are at E +....unless Celeb starts giving generous bonus points for early booking or other promos...

Only other way into Michaels is a suite booking..for us not worth the jump from AQ because we are happy in BLU..no need for Luminae..

Edited by hcat

I believe the point made was that getting to Zenith is an impossible reach for most who are at E +....unless Celeb starts giving generous bonus points for early booking or other promos...

Only other way into Michaels is a suite booking..for us not worth the jump from AQ because we are happy in BLU..no need for Luminae..

hcat,

Very true! We have 28 cruises with Celebrity and only have 999 points. No way are we going to reach 3,000 points. Elite Plus is still better than most cruise ships programs.

We are NOT suite people! :rolleyes::)

Enjoy!

hcat,

Very true! We have 28 cruises with Celebrity and only have 999 points. No way are we going to reach 3,000 points. Elite Plus is still better than most cruise ships programs.

We are NOT suite people! :rolleyes::)

AGREE. However, with beverage pkg, E+ perqs and option of 'ultimate' specialty dining pkg, we can enjoy 'virtual' suite experience much less expensively. We found the S2 basic suite just a bigger room. Would be interested in Luminae experience though, but not at the price difference. HAPPY CRUISING

I respectfully disagree. My husband and I usually book Royal Suites and have probably 18 cruises on Celebrity. We have recently become Elite Plus and don't think we will ever make Zenith, and we're in our 40's. Last couple of cruises, Michaels Club had several Zenith members who ONLY travel in inside cabins, but clearly cruise often. So not necessarily a perk that only suite guests can obtain.

I would suspect athat any Zenith cruisers who have only cruised in inside cabins earned a significant number of their points under the old system and were able to take advantage of the generous conversion process. I am not complaining, but just providing an explanation.

I think it is great that Celebrity add the Elite Plus level and formalized the Zenith Level. i do not expect to ever reach the Zenith level, but I think it is great.

You might want to try it just once to be sure. We loved the Luminae experience and the Michael's club even though we had the premium drink package.

AGREE. However, with beverage pkg, E+ perqs and option of 'ultimate' specialty dining pkg, we can enjoy 'virtual' suite experience much less expensively. We found the S2 basic suite just a bigger room. Would be interested in Luminae experience though, but not at the price difference. HAPPY CRUISING

Agreed.

Get on the ship have fun - it all equals out.

I'm Elite Plus with 831 points...unfortunately, that means we still have 2,169 points to go to get to "Zenith". I figured it out...Assuming we always book Balcony cabins, we'd have to cruise for 723 nights to get those points...So, the equivalent of almost 104 7 night cruises...I'm now 62...If we cruised 4 times per year ALL on Celebrity, it would take only another 26 years to become Zenith...So I might be able to get there by the time I'm 88--if I live that long...If we cruised a total of 3 weeks a year on Celebrity, it would take about 35 years--So, I could reach Zenith by the age of 97...

So, I'm not even going to worry about "Zenith"...

On our most recent cruise, there was ONE elderly couple who were Zenith...

So, back to reality: Become Elite Plus, most of your perks are pretty much the same as they were...Major enhancements: 2 loads of laundry pp and 200 minutes of free internet pp...rather than one load and 90 minutes...

But, look, it's a "free" program...so, whatever little they give you, it's better than nothing. A lot of folks here have great ideas as to perks they COULD give--ie, free upgrade on beverage packages, no charge for specialty restaurants or no corkage fee in MDR...but those are money out of X's pocket, so, don't count on it...They could also add something like the MDR for lunch on embarkation day (something they've just started with Concierge Class)--that wouldn't really add to the cost, but, since you also get very little for paying for Concierge, I guess they finally found a perk there that people like, so they need to keep that exclusive to help sell Concierge cabins...Bottom line is that they don't really have to give us anything--so, whatever it is, it is...

You can disagree all you want but the fact is if you sail in a RS you get 18 points a night. You only need to sail 167 nights to get to Zenith.

If you sail in an inside/outside cabin you get 2 points a night. You need to sail 1,500 nights to get to Zenith. Big difference.

We are at 954 points we need 2046 points to Zenith. That's another 1,023 days in an inside/outside or 147 one week cruises.

The Zeniths that state they only travel inside cabins made it to Zenith either before the conversion when it was much easier to rack up points or shortly afterwards.

We are Elite plus and will be at 1500 points this year. I am 61 and DH is 70. No way will we ever reach Zenith. I would still like to see another level at 1500 mid way to Zenith 3000 points. 750 points to get Elite plus and we have twice that many. Don`t get me wrong I still enjoy the perks we have with X. Tried Oceania last month and loved it. No real incentive to get to Zenith.

You can disagree all you want but the fact is if you sail in a RS you get 18 points a night. You only need to sail 167 nights to get to Zenith.

If you sail in an inside/outside cabin you get 2 points a night. You need to sail 1,500 nights to get to Zenith. Big difference.

We are at 954 points we need 2046 points to Zenith. That's another 1,023 days in an inside/outside or 147 one week cruises.

The Zeniths that state they only travel inside cabins made it to Zenith either before the conversion when it was much easier to rack up points or shortly afterwards.

I believe an RS is 12 points a night? But the Reflection and Penthouse is 18 points a night.

I serious doubt that the Zenith level was formalized for the benefit of those who always book in a Penthouse suite.

Well said gd!

We've been able to bump up NCL cruises to a much higher level by eating every evening meal in an alternative restaurant (UDP); all lunches in the MDR; and avoid the buffet. Food is better than Celebrity's standard MDR cuisine and we love Celebrity! This, coupled with their UBP, gives us a Celebrity feel for much less $$$.

Perhaps they should allow Elite Plus people to enjoy one evening meal a cruise in Luminae? That would give us a "taste" to see if it is worth it. Do S2 people get to eat in Luminae? We are not cabin people, but we usually end up in a balcony cabin after "upgrading" post final payment.

We've been in Aqua Class a couple of times and enjoy the experience, but only if we score a deal.

I see most Suite People as infrequent cruisers who will take a "cruise of a lifetime" every three or four years. We are frequent cruisers and enjoy two to five cruises a year. We can't afford suites!!

Enjoy!

Well said gd!

We've been able to bump up NCL cruises to a much higher level by eating every evening meal in an alternative restaurant (UDP); all lunches in the MDR; and avoid the buffet. Food is better than Celebrity's standard MDR cuisine and we love Celebrity! This, coupled with their UBP, gives us a Celebrity feel for much less $$$.

Perhaps they should allow Elite Plus people to enjoy one evening meal a cruise in Luminae? That would give us a "taste" to see if it is worth it. Do S2 people get to eat in Luminae? We are not cabin people, but we usually end up in a balcony cabin after "upgrading" post final payment.

We've been in Aqua Class a couple of times and enjoy the experience, but only if we score a deal.

I see most Suite People as infrequent cruisers who will take a "cruise of a lifetime" every three or four years. We are frequent cruisers and enjoy two to five cruises a year. We can't afford suites!!

Enjoy

We also use this type of strategy. We have not yet cruised in any "suites" on any cruises. We have been fortunate to upgrade past final payment to Concierge Class on Celebrity, and have upgraded to a Suite on NCL. The Suite on NCL didn't give us any extra perks, other than a little more square footage in the cabin. It was about the same size as the CC on Celebrity. We prefer to take more cruises each year in a lower category, than take a "cruise of a lifetime" every 3 or 4 years.