Viking Serenade

We cruised on the RC Viking Serenade in 1993. Curious to know if that ship is still in service.

We cruised many times on the Viking Serenade from San Pedro to the Mexican itinerary...and also started in the early 1990's. The last I heard she was in the UK...whether she's still in service or where I have no idea...but we absolutely loved her...going from the Azure Seas to the Viking Serenade at that time we thought we were cruising on an amazing ship high tech marvel...Yikes little did we know or think we would be comparing her to today's wonders..But she will always have great memories associated with her. :D

I sailed on the Viking Serenade as my very first RCCL cruise in the early 1990s sailing the Mexican Riviera. I recall the Cruise Director, whose name I believe was Tracy, referred to the Viking Serenade as the "ugly duckling" of Royal Caribbean fleet. I didn't agree. I have many fond memories of that cruise and my early days of cruising.

I sailed on the Viking Serenade as my very first RCCL cruise in the early 1990s sailing the Mexican Riviera. I recall the Cruise Director, whose name I believe was Tracy, referred to the Viking Serenade as the "ugly duckling" of Royal Caribbean fleet. I didn't agree. I have many fond memories of that cruise and my early days of cruising.

That was our first RCCL cruise also and it was wonderful.

We sailed on her when she was the Island Escape just before she went to Thomson Holidays. She was a tired but lovely oldgirl then. The staff where amazing. It had a restaurant called the Oasis which was fab and quite remarkably won a best place to eat on the seas award in the early in 00s. We loved her. Went on her 3 times. Once with my then 16 week old daughter.

My goodness she was well looked after! I could write a lot about how good the entertainment was and, because she was so small, how good the staff were are making everything that happened feel bespoke, just for you.

We took my Dad twice and where ever we went before we had sat down a drink was waiting. Frequently 'on the house' (we were good tippers, for a Med Cruise!)

I would sail on get again. We did a Beaufort Force 8-9, near 10 Gale in her and it was exciting but never scary.

Edited by hollykimalan

We sailed on her in 1997. Had a great time (because we would have a great time on any day at sea [emoji16]), but boy she was an oldy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Full of character! Your right, she was even older when we went on her but she was a stoic old bird. Very, very fond memories.