The Village People/70's Night

Anyone else a lil tired of the 70's night Village People impersonation? The first couple of times it was fun...but then when you realize it happens with every CD on every ship it gets a little tired. No? We could switch it up to 50's theme with Grease or 80's theme and pull out those neon colored leg warmers. lol

This is all in good fun...just curious how others feel.

Bring on the 80's night ... I will start cultivating my mullet

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yessssssss! I love it. I'll start stocking tons of cans of hairspray...you know the ladies have to get those bangs all teased up straight and stiff. :D

Yessssssss! I love it. I'll start stocking tons of cans of hairspray...you know the ladies have to get those bangs all teased up straight and stiff. :D

Wow I use ****** or ******, suppose hair sprays cheaper eh?

Anyone else a lil tired of the 70's night Village People impersonation? The first couple of times it was fun...but then when you realize it happens with every CD on every ship it gets a little tired. No? We could switch it up to 50's theme with Grease or 80's theme and pull out those neon colored leg warmers. lol

It was fun the first couple of times. It grew old quickly.

I can't wait for the Harmony... They've abandoned the 70s for the 90Sw.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So, don't go. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU.

We went tonight and enjoyed it. On some cruises we go to a different venue.

You asked; that's our response.

Edited by beachnative

We go, and given the number of people who packed the promenade, it seems pretty clear that most people are not tired of it.

Thankfully, nobody is forced to go- so people who want to enjoy it don't have to stand next to people who berate the show live.

Like most of these types of "skits" they will continue to do them as long as people continue to pack in to see them. We have always enjoyed it but have not always attended.

My bigger question is why don't they bring back poolside horse racing???

It definitely has gotten tired and worn out. They never change anything about it so once you have seen it one time on one ship you know exactly what it will be every other time on every ship. It's still a fun time, but yes, desperately needs updating.

bring on 80's night and I will be covered for Formal night too

bb5eb4835cbea7bddcd7c89ed43ae0d4.jpg

It definitely has gotten tired and worn out. They never change anything about it so once you have seen it one time on one ship you know exactly what it will be every other time on every ship. It's still a fun time, but yes, desperately needs updating.

bring on 80's night and I will be covered for Formal night too

bb5eb4835cbea7bddcd7c89ed43ae0d4.jpg

I'm not sure I want to see if I still fit into my clothes from high school! :eek::D

We still enjoy it and were with a group of folks on our last cruise that dressed up for it. They pretty much stole the show from the actual performance. People were stopping to get pictures with them, etc... It was a great time.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing them rotate through the decades. I would even love to see a roaring '20s with Zoot suits and Flapper dresses!

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

It's another repeat cruiser problem. I have to keep remembering that there is always a large number of first timers on board. I spent my last cruise hanging out with a first timer that I met on the shuttle bus from the hotel to the cruise ship. It was very interesting seeing the ship and the activities from her point of view.

It's another repeat cruiser problem. I have to keep remembering that there is always a large number of first timers on board. I spent my last cruise hanging out with a first timer that I met on the shuttle bus from the hotel to the cruise ship. It was very interesting seeing the ship and the activities from her point of view.

Vicki has it right! Also from the size and enjoyment of the crowd, it still seems to be a hit. Centrum/promenade is PACKED with folks enjoying themselves. RCCL would be crazy to discontinue that party.

Some ships have (or had) a 50's dance, complete with a twist contest and on a Rhapsody cruise last year, there was a British Invasion Centrum party.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Is the show a hit because it is the only activity at that particular time that is festive and geared towards all ages? Or is it a hit because everyone loves to celebrate the 70's? It would probably be well attended regardless of the decade.

Sure you don't have to go but most will as it's something to do. Similar to changing out production shows, RC can change out the decade.

YES :p