The new front page of Cruise Critic is rubbish

Sorry in advance to those who like it but frankly the new front page of Cruise Critic Australia looks like it was designed by a school student using do it yourself software.

It is a blatant advertising page bloated with adware and popups

I never look at it. So have no idea.

Sorry in advance to those who like it but frankly the new front page of Cruise Critic Australia looks like it was designed by a school student using do it yourself software.

I use Adblocker with the Firefox browser. No pop-ups or adware.;)

I agree, it is awful.

:mad:

I agree. Not all change is good :eek::(

I didnt even know there was a 'front page'. Straight to the forums for my bookmarks.

+1 yup same here didn't even know there was a front page, I think I went there once but even google brings you straight to the forum pages unless you try for the mainpage.

When you consider that this is a private site that has been set up to sell advertising to the travel industry , what else would you expect?

Like most others here , my Bookmark goes straight to the Message Board page and I never look at the front page. We are very lucky to be able to enjoy this site free of charge thanks to those who do advertise.

When you consider that this is a private site that has been set up to sell advertising to the travel industry , what else would you expect?

Like most others here , my Bookmark goes straight to the Message Board page and I never look at the front page. We are very lucky to be able to enjoy this site free of charge thanks to those who do advertise.

Yep it's all those ads that keep the message boards going.

Together with the commission on bookings through the linked agents.

Yes, the site has to pay for itself somehow. The site wouldn't be what it is if it were member-pays, most would see a membership fee and move right along. The advertising keeps this site going for all of us.