All Access Tour

Depends on the length of the cruise. I did the tour on the Explorer during my 14 night NZ cruise earlier this year. Loved every minute of it.

Thanks - ours is 12 nights so hopefully they'll have one. Another thing to add to our growing (and already huge) list of things to do!!

Thanks - ours is 12 nights so hopefully they'll have one. Another thing to add to our growing (and already huge) list of things to do!!

Also check with Guest Services onboard if you don't see it in the pre-cruise planner.

It can be booked on board, but get there early. It's only done on sea days and tends to fill up quickly.

I've "sent" DH to this tour while being on Allure, figuring it might as well be on the biggest ship if I'm going to spend 150$. DH came back from the tour "shining" :) He is into tech things and found the whole experience utterly amazing.

It is also my understanding that part of this sum is going to some sort of "welfare fund" for the "lower" staff, making it even more worthwhile.

BTW, while on Anthem, our waiter heard us speaking Roumaninan between us, and told other Roumanian staff that they can speak "their" language with us ... one thing led to another and we got a pass to visit the galley, so I had also the opportunity to see some of the things included in the tour. Found it very interesting... and very tasty.

Edited by dani negreanu

HHMmmmm, a three hour tour.....:rolleyes:

Anyone who watched tv in the mid 60's will get what first came to my mind. lol.

Thanks for making this post the post of the day in my mind.. LOVE IT!!!

Also, we did the tour on the Allure and loved it.

Like others have said the bridge tour is unbelievable.

Walking around and seeing all the behind the action areas from kitchen to crews lounge neat.

Gave us a better perspective on cruiseing.

Also got cute aprons and lanyards as a momento......:eek:

Safe travels

• 6 months later...

I'll agree with what others have said, we did the tour on the Allure and loved it. I'm one of those people that love the behind the scenes stuff and found the tour quite interesting. The Allure was the first non-Disney ship we were on and Disney didn't offer a tour like that at the time. I can upload some pics of our tour when I am on a better wi-fi connection.

I don't see it anywhere on my cruise planner. Does that mean its sold out? I wanted to give it to my husband as a Christmas present. I'm going on the Allure in Feb 2017.

No, you book it on arrival at GS. Do it quickly, it fills up fast :)

I also gave it to DH as a present, he very much enjoyed it.

They did not show us the coconut phone.

Actually on the Liberty of the Seas, they had a special communications phone that worked even when the power was out. This is a description of it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound-powered_telephone

Of course they only use it when necessary.

Edited by reedl

I'm hoping I can talk them into adding to the tour just a little. For years Oasis has had upper tier sailaway parties on the bow of Oasis. Once I made Diamond they saw me coming and discontinued that practice. I've never been on the bow of an Oasis class ship. It may be nothing special, but, "it tasks me" to quote Ricardo Montobon.

If you mean the helipad, the All Access tour I took on Allure a couple of years ago included it.

The tour was definitely worth it to me....it was fascinating!

We did the All Access tour on Freedom of the Seas last month. We were able to book it before the cruise, it was listed as an "activity". The crew member who led the tour told us that in the future it will be listed as an "excursion".

We'd done a similar tour on Carnival in 2010, so we knew what to expect from the tour. We saw the galleys, the storage areas, the laundry, engineering, and the backstage areas of the ice rink and the theater. We spent a lot of time on the bridge, with the captain and some of the officers. We didn't' really see much in the way of crew areas. But it was definitely worth the cost.

If you mean the helipad, the All Access tour I took on Allure a couple of years ago included it.

The tour was definitely worth it to me....it was fascinating!

On our Oasis cruise this past May, they had a lot more scheduled tours as Royal has found what a cash cow this is. The tour before ours did go on the helipad, our didn't. When I asked our main guide if we could/would, she just stared at me and then walked away.

By the way, to people who think they need a sweater in the theater or dining room take it with you on this tour! We spent about 20 minutes standing in a cooler and freezer. It was an interesting part of the tour, but it almost became a health hazard for my wife with her cold uriticaria condition.

Hello All,

We are going to be first time RCCL cruisers sailing on the Allure of the Seas. We are really looking forward to the cruise and are super exited even four months out. The planning has begun and trying to make a schedule now. We are interested in doing the all access tour - the price tag of $150/person kinda made us stop and think and thus I am reaching out to everyone here. I wanted to hear from everyone if they thought it was worth the Price tag of $300 for two people? We are very active couple in our very late 30's (don't know if that makes a difference). Kids will be with their grand parents also on the cruise with us.

Thanks in advance to all

My husband and I did the All Access Tour several years ago and felt it was worth every penny, more interesting than the back-stage tour at Disney World and a better value than many shore excursions. I'm glad we did it when we did, because today I don't think we could do all the walking.

We expected the bridge, the galley, and the engine control room to be highlights but were surprised at how interesting visiting the ship's stores with the officer responsible for them and having a soda break half-way through the tour in a crew lounge while the Personnel Manager explained the facets of dealing with a crew made up of many nationalities. It was also enlightening to see the special challenges in the theater because of being at sea.

My advice is, unless you know this is something you're not interested in, do it now while your health and stamina are good - we often talk about the tour, so we know in doing it we made lasting memories.

Margy

• 7 months later...

I'm a little late to this party, but was wanting some thoughts from those who have done this tour ~ I would love to do it with my husband, but he uses a scooter for mobility due to MS. He can walk short distances, but it sounds like he would definitely need the scooter for this tour. Would access to this tour with a small travel scooter be a possibility? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I'm a little late to this party, but was wanting some thoughts from those who have done this tour ~ I would love to do it with my husband, but he uses a scooter for mobility due to MS. He can walk short distances, but it sounds like he would definitely need the scooter for this tour. Would access to this tour with a small travel scooter be a possibility? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Unless the tour has changed, scooters would not be possible. I recall lots of stairways to traverse.