Crown and Anchor Status Advice?? Help

I am currently at 29 points (gold level) with a 7 day cruise upcoming. Has anybody had any success in getting the cruise line to "advance" you the one point so as to be able to go in at the next level up (platinum, which is 30 points ). Any tips/tricks would be appreciated.

I am currently at 29 points (gold level) with a 7 day cruise upcoming. Has anybody had any success in getting the cruise line to "advance" you the one point so as to be able to go in at the next level up (platinum, which is 30 points ). Any tips/tricks would be appreciated.

Tip: Complete a cruise.

Royal only adds your points after you complete a cruise.

So if you want to move up, then as clarea said "complete a cruise."

The benefit of going from Gold to Platinum.

I understand I have to complete a cruise. Maybe I didn't phrase my question clearly enough. I should have asked, " is anyone of aware of any exceptions to the "must complete a cruise" when one is close to advancing to the next tier?" No big deal either way. I was just curious. Tough crowd! :)

Thanks!

I understand I have to complete a cruise. Maybe I didn't phrase my question clearly enough. I should have asked, " is anyone of aware of any exceptions to the "must complete a cruise" when one is close to advancing to the next tier?" No big deal either way. I was just curious. Tough crowd! :)

Thanks!

No exceptions.

There's really no great benefit when you move from Gold to Platinum...at least a benefit they will give you on board. If the robes are what you wanted, just ask your stateroom attendant. If they have extra, you may be able to get one.

After the cruise, you'll be eligible to use the balcony discount, which, IMHO, is the only decent perk in the platinum package.

Enjoy your cruise.

Take a 3-day cruise.

Not just any 3-day, but one that's advertised as very inexpensive. There was one that popped up on the screen briefly for $99. If you can change it into a B2B or side by side, w/ your 7-day, so much the better.

Edited by knittinggirl

Take a 3-day cruise.

Not just any 3-day, but one that's advertised as very inexpensive. There was one that popped up on the screen briefly for $99. If you can change it into a B2B or side by side, w/ your 7-day, so much the better.

We turned emerald on the first of a B2B. It was agony to get RCI to acknowledge the change. We didn't get any of the Emerald benefits on the second cruise other than a sticker on our sail pass.

Thanks!

If there were an easy way to do this, then everybody would do it.

Thanks!

Not necessarily tough - brutally honest?

If you think this point is annoying/frustrating try one point between Emerald and Diamond:eek: That is our situation.

Thanks!

Just as others are saying. It doesn't happen

The fact of the matter is that the VAST MAJORITY of changes from one level to the next happen DURING a cruise. Very few people find that the exact points needed coincide with the last day of a cruise.

Royal Caribbean's policy is that you get your points when you complete your cruise.

Beginning, middle and end of story.

The truth hurts. ;)

Not gonna happen......:)

We turned emerald on the first of a B2B. It was agony to get RCI to acknowledge the change. We didn't get any of the Emerald benefits on the second cruise other than a sticker on our sail pass.

When we went from Diamond to Diamond + and I took my cruise history with me to prove our status. The loyalty ambassador also managed to download my status. We learned that our cruise two months earlier hadn't been updated to their system for the cruise that made us Diamond +, so I'm glad we brought our C&A history. While we showed up as the correct number of points on at royalcaribbean.com, we learned they had actually downloaded our cruise history for the April cruise, before we'd taken our February cruise.

Take a 3-day cruise.

That's what we did....took a cheap 3 day cruise so we will be diamond after our upcoming cruise.

Take a 3-day cruise.

which date and cruise was this for?

I called C&A yesterday as I am going from Emerald to Diamond on the next cruise and they wouldn't do anything. but they said if I book another cruise on board that they might be able to get me the diamond discount. Now that would be great.:D

If you think this point is annoying/frustrating try one point between Emerald and Diamond:eek: That is our situation.

Oooo! Tough one. I feel your pain. :D

So....."your telling me there is a chance":)

But the line before that was, "More like one out of a million.". Right? :p Sorry but I guess you've figured there is no way around this except to book another cruise. :)

I called C&A yesterday as I am going from Emerald to Diamond on the next cruise and they wouldn't do anything. but they said if I book another cruise on board that they might be able to get me the diamond discount. Now that would be great.:D

That happened to us as well - booked on board and the day after the points posted and became diamond (6 days after the end of the cruise), an extra $100 was taken off on the invoice, WITHOUT repricing (the price had indeed gone up between booking and officially becoming diamond).

Take a 3-day cruise.

which date and cruise was this for?

Id like to know too, I didn't see anything