NCL Pride of America Kauai Helicopter Tour

Can I hear from someone who has done the Kauai helicopter tour through NCL? We have this booked for June 3 but have seen better deals through other helicopter companies. Would love some feedback so we can decide. Thanks!

Check Trip Advisor for comparisons.

Can I hear from someone who has done the Kauai helicopter tour through NCL? We have this booked for June 3 but have seen better deals through other helicopter companies. Would love some feedback so we can decide. Thanks!

There are many helicopter companies in HI. I highly suggest that you will get a better price by booking this separately and not through NCL.

Our Kauai helicopter trip was absolutely spectacular! One of the most spectacular things I've ever seen for sure. I would recommend booking for the very first tour of the day the second day you're there on POA. That's a shorter day, but doing an 8:00 tour will get you back to the ship by 9:30 or so, and you can shop or go to the beach at the Marriott for the rest of the day.

We used Safari, much cheaper than NCL and we had a great time. There are many, many other operators there though so you can find the one that fits your style.

There is a company that uses the same type of helicopter made popular on the old Magnum PI TV show (three passenger Hughes). These guys do almost all the rescue work on the island and are top notch pilots with huge experience. By the way, as an extra bonus they fly without the side doors which is a hoot. The pilot will also bank from side to side making sure each side has the same photo op. They also land at a remote waterfall and serve you a wonderful lunch while sitting next to the falls. Super tour but the company's name escapes me. Not inexpensive but you're not packed in like some of the other charter flights. I'd book them again in a heart beat!

Edited by Magnum60