Vista Havana area enforcement

nunuc2000

John Heald posted a video yesterday in which he showed a Havana guest wearing a wristband - he indicated that is how Havana guests are identified as having the proper access to the exclusive Havana areas.

That would infer that if you are a guest in a Havana stateroom, you must wear that wristband at all times - can you imagine the issues that would come with a removable wristband? Havana guests would be passing it off to their non-Havana friends/family so use during the day when they're out and about.

But the flip-side... I certainly wouldn't want to be wearing a wristband for the duration of the cruise, and especially not while in ports or on elegant nights.

Hoping this week's inaugural cruisers will be able to shed some light on this particular aspect of the Havana access details.

Celine

what prevents me from using an wristband from a previous cruise (in the future)? The wristband look generic and kinda plain except for the brown color and black text.

I know what would prevent me from doing that. Can't say what would prevent you from doing that.

Wouldn't the reasonable way to conduct one's self be to not enter an area one knows they are not supposed to be? Problem solved.

Smells similar to the whole stinkpot issue of the CHEERS restrictions that were needed.

I guess they will have to post guards and install electronic gates to really get the point across.

John Heald posted a video yesterday in which he showed a Havana guest wearing a wristband - he indicated that is how Havana guests are identified as having the proper access to the exclusive Havana areas.

That would infer that if you are a guest in a Havana stateroom, you must wear that wristband at all times - can you imagine the issues that would come with a removable wristband? Havana guests would be passing it off to their non-Havana friends/family so use during the day when they're out and about.

But the flip-side... I certainly wouldn't want to be wearing a wristband for the duration of the cruise, and especially not while in ports or on elegant nights.

Hoping this week's inaugural cruisers will be able to shed some light on this particular aspect of the Havana access details.

Celine

Celine: I would have thought one's S&S card would allow access through an entry door, the way the Haven and the Studio Lounge are set up on NCL. I don't have a problem with a wristband though, I wear them at AI resorts no problem. When I'm on the Vista in November, I have a plain balcony, so no need for me to be banded then.

I see lots of young folk wearing wrist bands for various causes and remembrances too.

How are you doing with the fires up north from you? Any impact in Calgary?

Bob

Edited by evandbob

For Cloud 9 Spa deck cabins, guests have wrist bands they wear for entry into the spa facilities. No one goes handing these off to non Spa Cloud 9 guests. They aren't cumbersome. Look like the fashion bands many affinity organizations hand out. No need for TSA:eek::rolleyes: checks or S&S card slot entry. On the Havana deck, you'll miss heading to the Havana Bar during the day and won't be able to paly chair hog with that set of loungers. Big Whoop! Plenty of places to grab the same drinks and lots of loungers equipped to hold your towels for hours on end all over the ship.

But at night you can head to the Havana Bar for that sunset mojito or daiquiri.:)

Celine: I would have thought one's S&S card would allow access through an entry door, the way the Haven and the Studio Lounge are set up on NCL. I don't have a problem with a wristband though, I wear them at AI resorts no problem. When I'm on the Vista in November, I have a plain balcony, so no need for me to be banded then.

I see lots of young folk wearing wrist bands for various causes and remembrances too.

How are you doing with the fires up north from you? Any impact in Calgary?

Bob

Hey Bob... I agree that the access should be connected to the card - I think that would be easier. I'm not keen on the wristband idea for aesthetic reasons, but I also have allergic reactions to a lot of different things on my skin - about the only thing I don't react to is my medic alert bracelet! LOL!

But there are likely lots of folks who won't necessarily care one way or another. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The fires up here in Alberta are quite a ways north of us, so we're safe, but many others are not - it's pretty bad, actually. :( Roughly 80,000 folks displaced right now, and over 2000 homes and structures destroyed so far... with not much relief in sight. The conditions for firestorms are unfortunately perfect right now... high temps and extremely low humidity are expected to continue for at least a few more days. Scary stuff!

Celine

I sort of wonder if over time Carnival will switch to a system sort of like Disney has now. We had year round passes for some time and we got these wrist bands you wear around. They look sort of like a FitBit, it is used everywhere around the park for getting in and out of the park, I was told if you're staying in an on premises hotel it's also your room key, its also used to make purchases and such. I believe it's all based on N.F.C. and encryption. Would make things easier than carrying around a card you just put it on your wrist and you're good to go.

I sort of wonder if over time Carnival will switch to a system sort of like Disney has now. We had year round passes for some time and we got these wrist bands you wear around. They look sort of like a FitBit, it is used everywhere around the park for getting in and out of the park, I was told if you're staying in an on premises hotel it's also your room key, its also used to make purchases and such. I believe it's all based on N.F.C. and encryption. Would make things easier than carrying around a card you just put it on your wrist and you're good to go.

Heaven forbid, that is the way the Royal is doing it (optional) on Quantum class. Hate being tracked with my every move. Don't like it in Disney either.

What kinds of wristbands are these?

Paper, like the green ones the kids have to wear?:eek::eek:

Or, are they like the Disney ones that you can actually take off?

We have a Havana Cabana on hold for next June. Really don't want to have to wear a wristband for the entire week.

Hoping they come up with a better solution.:rolleyes:

Heaven forbid, that is the way the Royal is doing it (optional) on Quantum class. Hate being tracked with my every move. Don't like it in Disney either.

Well in essence it happens on Carnival now. They know every bar I'm at or store I'm buying things in lol.

I think this may be the beginning of a two class system on Carnival. They're just dipping their toes in to test the water.

I doubt it, but then again, I might have missed the call when they were going to ask for my input.

I think this may be the beginning of a two class system on Carnival. They're just dipping their toes in to test the water.

Not a class system at all, anyone can book a Havana cabin if they want to pay for it. There is also a Family area that is limited to to the ones who booked those rooms.

Just like first class on an airline, front row seats at a sporting event, theater tickets etc. If you want to pay the price, you can do any of those things.

Not a class system at all, anyone can book a Havana cabin if they want to pay for it.

Just like first class on an airline, front row seats at a sporting event, theater tickets etc. If you want to pay the price, you can do any of those things.

Thank you. You just made my point.

It does seem to be Carnival's attempt to enter into exclusive area's. Spa Cabins were the first that had a semi-private area.

Both the Family Harbor - which is located in a terrible part of the ship. and the Havana Cabana's are an extension of this concept.

Clearly they aren't yet willing to embrace the ship within a ship concept more fully, such as NCL or MSC, but I agree its a move in that direction.

I for one am not sure either concept will be as big of a hit as they hope it will be. One because of location and the other because of, I just don't know if people are going to like the porches that have little view and plenty of no privacy. If the Havana passengers are all cool, perhaps, but if they are like some of the balcony neighbors I've had...not so sure.

The Vista looks awesome minus the Cloud 9 Spa thermal suite, making the Spa cabins less interesting. so I do want to sail this ship.

Will be interesting to see the reviews of certain cabins.

For Cloud 9 Spa deck cabins, guests have wrist bands they wear for entry into the spa facilities. No one goes handing these off to non Spa Cloud 9 guests. They aren't cumbersome. Look like the fashion bands many affinity organizations hand out. No need for TSA:eek::rolleyes: checks or S&S card slot entry. On the Havana deck, you'll miss heading to the Havana Bar during the day and won't be able to paly chair hog with that set of loungers. Big Whoop! Plenty of places to grab the same drinks and lots of loungers equipped to hold your towels for hours on end all over the ship.

But at night you can head to the Havana Bar for that sunset mojito or daiquiri.:)

I agree. Honestly, do people sit around and think of things to get heartburn over?

Havana is supposed to be about a more mature environment. People should be able to manage access to the area without needing armed guards. And for all we know, the arm bands can vary in color from one sailing to the next, so you can't pass them to your aunt & uncle on the next sailing.:rolleyes:

The area is only restricted for part of the day anyway. It's not an exclusive private island. And anyone can use the inside 24/7. So this is all about a small pool and two hot tubs.

We were in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin and we did not have to wear arm bands. We just showed out sign and sail card to use to spa. Is that new?

Not a class system at all, anyone can book a Havana cabin if they want to pay for it. There is also a Family area that is limited to to the ones who booked those rooms.

and the havana inside was only 75 dollars more for my vista cruise than the pt cabin i originally started out with. not much more for a little extra peace and quiet. no one has to splurge to be in the havana club unlike flying first class which usually costs 3 times what coach costs going to europe.

Thank you. You just made my point.

no one is forcing you to pay a bit more an be in the havana club. just like no one's arm is twisted to buy a balcony over a pt cabin.

but if you want to play the poor man, 3rd class steerage waif, we can always get you a shovel and you can start working on that pile of coal. ;)

Edited by Computer Nerd

We were in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin and we did not have to wear arm bands. We just showed out sign and sail card to use to spa. Is that new?

On both Breeze and Magic, you get a white spa 9 wristband that they ask you to wear, we no longer needed to show a S&S card but it did open the door for you to the thermal suites.

no one is forcing you to pay a bit more an be in the havana club. just like no one's arm is twisted to buy a balcony over a pt cabin.

but if you want to play the poor man, 3rd class steerage waif, we can always get you a shovel and you can start working on that pile of coal. ;)

Lmao!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On both Breeze and Magic, you get a white spa 9 wristband that they ask you to wear, we no longer needed to show a S&S card but it did open the door for you to the thermal suites.

We were given white wrist bands on the Breeze in June. We also had to give them our S&S card while we were inside and when we left they gave us back our card.

I didn't read all the responses but for the Haven, the concierges are set up as soon as you walk through the door so they usually can identify if someone should be in that area or not.

I sailed in a Spa cabin on the Breeze in February. I did not want to wear my white wristband the full cruise so only took it out when I needed to go to the spa.

The same as above can be done if you do not want to wear the wristband. You can carry it just as you would with your sign/sail card. I don't always wear my Disney MagicBand but I put in my bag or my whatever if I'm at dinner and don't need. If I don't want tan lines or in a port, it can just go in my bag. For me, there really isn't an issue. Can't wait to sail February 2018 on the Vista in a Havana Cabana!

Thank you OP for this new information. :)