Magnetized cruise cards/keys and wireless headset

This will be my first time carrying my cruise card and bluetooth wireless headset (used with my TomTom spark) in a small deck bag . I am concerned about any damage that could occur to the headset, as I realise that batteries and magnetic strips are not happy together. What's the best way to avoid any damage to either the headset or the cruisecard/key? I have both a plastic and metal sleeve in which I can place my cruisecard, so there is no direct contact with the headset.

Appreciate your advice here.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I have had cruise cards demagnetized when carried too close to my kindle or other device. Went down to the Passenger Services desk and the fixed it.

It is the card that goes bonkers, not the device. Get people all the time at the hotel that have demagnetized their room keys by having it next to their smartphone!

Your Bluetooth headphones will be fine. Just put your cards on the opposite of your body, away from the headphones and anything you plug them into…

It is not the end of the world if your card stops working - just to to Guest Services and have it reprogrammed (or a new one made).

My keycard was demagnetized by my camera. They were both hanging around my neck. After getting a replacement card (which is no big deal), whenever I had my camera hanging from my neck I put the lanyard/keycard in my pocket.

This will be my first time carrying my cruise card and bluetooth wireless headset (used with my TomTom spark) in a small deck bag . I am concerned about any damage that could occur to the headset, as I realise that batteries and magnetic strips are not happy together. What's the best way to avoid any damage to either the headset or the cruisecard/key? I have both a plastic and metal sleeve in which I can place my cruisecard, so there is no direct contact with the headset.

Appreciate your advice here.

Gray Anna

Your headset shouldn't bother your card, unless they are close while the headset is turned on.

All you can do is try and keep them apart. You could put the card in one of those protectors for credit cards, that might help.

My daughter twice had her card inoperative, I gave her my credit card protector, no further problems.