POLL: Which one would you choose?

Which would you choose?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• San Juan, ABC Islands, St. Maarten
    • New Jersey & Bermuda

Trying to debate between two RCCL cruises:

(1) Depart: San Juan

Ports: ABC Islands and St. Maarten (St. Thomas is also an optional switch out for St. Maarteen)

Ship: Adventure OTS

(2) Depart: New Jersey

Ports: Bermuda (may choose 5 night or 7 night with Boston stop)

Ship: Anthem OTS

Is there not a way to text in 10 votes like for American Idol... Id send in 10 votes for the ABCs! While I love Anthem and you really do have to try her someday, the ABCs take the cake here hands down in my humble opinion.

Edited by Hoopster95

Is there not a way to text in 10 votes like for American Idol... Id send in 10 votes for the ABCs! While I love Anthem and you really do have to try her someday, the ABCs take the cake here hands down in my humble opinion.

HAHA! Too funny! :) I will take your vote times ten into mind when it's final consideration time! :p

Although I LOVE Bermuda....and we have the Anthem booked....we also just booked the Rhapsody out of NJ for the ABC Islands. Although this is an older and smaller ship, the itinerary to the ABC Islands has us so excited. We usually travel for the ship. First time we are traveling for the itinerary. So, another vote for ABC...:):):)

First thought is Adventure to the ABC's for sure. I love the ship and the southern Caribbean. Done it and would do it again.

But, a friend just booked the Anthem doing a southern route, to avoid airfare for 4 people. she found a 12 nighter I believe, and driving to port, was less expensive than 7 nights and air.

So not all things are equal.

As much as I love the sights and smells of NJ:eek:, I'd have to say SJ takes the cake on the departure port. I've never been to Bermuda, but just came back from the Aruba route southern itinerary on Adventure and I would go back to that in a heartbeat. Adventure even before the drydock coming up is a beautiful ship. Maybe not quite as "grand" as Anthem, but there was nothing about Adventure that put me off.

Wow! EASY poll question!

San Juan is probably my favorite departure port with Curacao one of my favorite ports of call and Aruba isn't too shabby itself! NJ vs San Juan?? NJ doesn't stand a chance.

BTW...We have Navigator booked out of Miami for Labadee and the ABC islands!

We cruise for the itinerary, not the ship. ANY of the Southern Caribbean islands beat Bermuda in my opinion, and you'd get several as opposed to only one. Another thing to consider, what time of year are you planning on cruising? Bermuda is NOT in the Caribbean. If you want sun and 85 degrees, you may not find it depending on the time of year. Also consider that cruising in the Atlantic Ocean is a whole lot different than cruising in the Caribbean Sea.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

As much as I love Bermuda, without a second thought I would book any cruise going to the ABC islands. Bermuda is fantastic, fairly easy to get around, beautiful beaches and the locals are extremely friendly. That being said, so many cruises go to Bermuda, I feel cruises to the ABC islands and more specifically Bonaire are rarer to come by. We have been to Aruba and Curacao twice and Bonaire once. As a whole it's a very different feeling and the islands are pretty unique as well as they are very arid and desert like with more cacti then palm trees. Plus, visiting San Juan a day or two early before the cruise isn't a bad option either.

Assuming your talking about the 2017 sailing for Anthem 7-night Bermuda and Boston...if weather/temperature is a factor, consider the temps will be lower in Bermuda and Boston during that time of year. I'm going on that sailing this year, next week actually. Bermuda will be 75 but water temps will be lower and Boston will be in the lower 60s.

And it looks like next year they moved it up 2 weeks.

Trying to debate between two RCCL cruises:

(1) Depart: San Juan

Ports: ABC Islands and St. Maarten (St. Thomas is also an optional switch out for St. Maarteen)

Ship: Adventure OTS

(2) Depart: New Jersey

Ports: Bermuda (may choose 5 night or 7 night with Boston stop)

Ship: Anthem OTS

Where I'm from, winter makes an earnest attempt to kill us every year. There's no way I would cruise out of New Jersey because that's at least 2 days of the cruise that the ship isn't in warm tropical weather.

Where I'm from, winter makes an earnest attempt to kill us every year. There's no way I would cruise out of New Jersey because that's at least 2 days of the cruise that the ship isn't in warm tropical weather.

^^^ This!!!! I still vote for ABC because of those islands, but especially if you are cruising in the winter!:D