Name tags on mailboxes

johnmik1

I don't know if this has been reported but Princess had no name tags outside the cabins on our Regal Cruise that disembarked in Copenhagen last Sunday.I mentioned it to an officer and he said that this is something they are trying out ,as hotels have no names and ship should not have them either.I can't say if this has been done fleetwide but expect it to happen.

I like having my name outside my door.

We get a little tickle when we first see it.

We always take it on our way off the ship.

I hope they do not stop this...

Reader

BTW: If I did not like it ,I would simply remove it upon arrival :)

Edited by Reader0108598

Thanks for the update. I know people have mixed feelings about the door tags, for my part I don't mind them at all. In fact I rather like them....more than once I have caught myself looking at the door tag before inserting my cruise card and wondered why my cruise card didn't work in the door when I haven't looked.:o

Oh I wish I had thought to take my name tag after every cruise. It does give me a thrill to see it, and yes I usually cruise as a solo, and have never had any problems/offers??:D

Oh I wish I had thought to take my name tag after every cruise. It does give me a thrill to see it, and yes I usually cruise as a solo, and have never had any problems/offers??:D

Well, you will just have to take a lot more cruises, to collect those name tags then!:)

I have never like my name posted outside our door and when I'm on a cruise, one of the first things I do is remove the name plate.

As a previous post noted, hotels don't do this. Besides, it's one more task for your steward to do prior to passengers boarding the ship. The crew have enough to do that's far more important than sticking little name tags by the door.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

We take ours out of the slot when we arrive. We don't need anyone to know what our loyalty level is as well as our name.

That's strange....you have your cruises listed here on the internet and" Elite" but do not want your loyalty level known on board the ship ?

Edited by Reader0108598

I hope they don't get rid of them. I have my room tags from every cruise.

Me too. They make a nice keepsake and remind me what room we were in. The door tag and the log of the cruise I keep in a binder to look back on.

That's strange....you have your cruises listed here on the internet but do not want your loyalty level known on board?

Do I use my actual name here?

When I am onboard the ship, I decide whom I want to meet and exchange names with. Advertising Platinum or Elite in the mailbox, might make the impression that there is something of value in our cabin. .

Do I use my actual name here?

When I am onboard the ship, I decide whom I want to meet and exchange names with. Advertising Platinum or Elite in the mailbox, might make the impression that there is something of value in our cabin. .

:confused: Yeah okay!

I took it as a dig to people who like the name tags.

I could care less what your loyalty level is, that is why I do not advertise mine here.

Happy Cruising

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

On our California Coastal Cruise on the Crown (Apr. 23 - 30), I noticed that the names were missing. I asked the room steward and he said that the did it to give the passenger's privacy.

I, too, used to collect these. I guess I won't any longer. It's no big deal.

As somebody has pointed out above, though, if people want privacy, they can just pull them out and throw them in the trash.

First world problems. :)

On our California Coastal Cruise on the Crown (Apr. 23 - 30), I noticed that the names were missing. I asked the room steward and he said that the did it to give the passenger's privacy.

I, too, used to collect these. I guess I won't any longer. It's no big deal.

As somebody has pointed out above, though, if people want privacy, they can just pull them out and throw them in the trash.

First world problems. :)

Exactly:)

:confused: Yeah okay!

I took it as a dig to people who like the name tags.

I could care less what your loyalty level is, that is why I do not advertise mine here.

Happy Cruising

Reader

You took it wrong. All I did was express what we do.

Hopefully were all smart enough to... Oh nuts... :-)

Anyone with any IT Savy can find you regardless of your screen name (which I chose in 98)

Not clueless here, just don't care if you know where I live:)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

In the thread "Do you remember when?" One poster talked about how the cruise line would put a list of everyone's name, city of residence and cabin number. I think I may have more of an issue with this then my name outside my door. We get a kick out of seeing it when approaching our door for the first time! But then again we used to have phone books as well......

In the thread "Do you remember when?" One poster talked about how the cruise line would put a list of everyone's name, city of residence and cabin number. I think I may have more of an issue with this then my name outside my door. We get a kick out of seeing it when approaching our door for the first time! But then again we used to have phone books as well......

Phone books :D Wow remember those ..lol

DH has had one stuck on the door to the master bedroom in our house for as long as I can remember. He also starts placing Princess chocolates on my pillow and a room service menu on our bed about a week before we leave for a cruise. He's crazy, but he makes life fun. :D