Name tags on mailboxes

johnmik1

We had rather not have our name tags on our mailbox so we remove ours.

Our first & last names and that we're elite should not be for public viewing.

Whatever ... never a big deal ... just remove them. :)

Like a previous poster said, I always look at the name tag to make sure I am going into the right room. I don't know how many times I have misjudged or just not payed attention and tried putting my card in the wrong door.

I too, have saved the tags, putting them on the front of a folder of the particular cruise, I never realized until 5 or 6 cruises in that the Captains Circle level was on it.

I really don't care about names or status, I don't take the time to look at every tag as I go up and down the halls.

If Princess has stopped putting tags in the "mailbox", then I will just take a slip of paper at home before we sail and make my own tag with some kind of symbol on it so I recognize my own cabin. Maybe something as simple as cutting out the picture of the ship.....

That's the first time I've even heard that someone's wealth is connected to their cruise status & what valuables might possible be in their cabins.

People worry about the silliest things sometimes. LOL :D:D

I don't know about anybody else, but the more and longer I cruise the LESS stuff I take with me. Valuables....if I had those, I couldn't afford to cruise. LOL :0

Thanks for the update. I know people have mixed feelings about the door tags, for my part I don't mind them at all. In fact I rather like them....more than once I have caught myself looking at the door tag before inserting my cruise card and wondered why my cruise card didn't work in the door when I haven't looked.:o
I think we've all experienced incidents where people are trying to locate which cabin they belong to when they are "two sheets into the wind".

I certainly appreciate that little reminder this is my cabin... ;)

One of our little fun cruise pastimes is a stroll around the deck to see how many past passengers are onboard, and whether we might have a chance to get an invite to a party or something. Then we check with the Captain's Circle Hostess for the real numbers.

If they take the name off the door, then please put the cabin number back on my cruise card, because I may never find it again... :rolleyes:

Unbelievable what worries people while on a ship. I feel safer on the ship than in a hotel where anyone can come and go from off the street. I often cruise alone and certainly have never thought that my name and loyalty level would entice anyone to try and get in. Where would they go after they broke in and saw I had nothing to steal? How are they going to get in when I have the deadbolt on? And have you ever tried to read those tags from a few feet away? They are pretty small. I like the tags because I always double check before I put my key card in the door. If you don't want it there, remove it and concentrate on enjoying your cruise. Feel free to check out my info as you walk down the hall - won't bother me.:)

We take ours out of the slot when we arrive. We don't need anyone to know what our loyalty level is as well as our name.

We won't judge you just because you are a blue card holder on Princess, on your next cruise you'll be gold

DH has had one stuck on the door to the master bedroom in our house for as long as I can remember. He also starts placing Princess chocolates on my pillow and a room service menu on our bed about a week before we leave for a cruise. He's crazy, but he makes life fun. :D

Your DH has a great idea. Until I read this thread, I did not realize our status was also posted on our door tags. I don't really care if our name is posted on our door or our level. It does help sometimes when returning to the cabin to make sure I am not trying to open the wrong door. I guess some think they are on a secret mission and need to be on the down low.

DH has had one stuck on the door to the master bedroom in our house for as long as I can remember. He also starts placing Princess chocolates on my pillow and a room service menu on our bed about a week before we leave for a cruise. He's crazy, but he makes life fun. :D

I like the way your DH thinks :D

Edited by Reader0108598

Your DH has a great idea. Until I read this thread, I did not realize our status was also posted on our door tags. I don't really care if our name is posted on our door or our level. It does help sometimes when returning to the cabin to make sure I am not trying to open the wrong door. I guess some think they are on a secret mission and need to be on the down low.

Same here, did not realize loyalty status was on the name tag until I read it on CC.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Advertising Platinum or Elite in the mailbox, might make the impression that there is something of value in our cabin. .

wow….interesting bit of logic…

so if i am platinum or elite status…. as indicated on the mailbox, and staying in an inside room….i may have more items of value and be be more vulnerable than a person with a blue card staying in a suite?

for the record …. although we are are elite status, the only item of significant value in our room is my wife.

wow….interesting bit of logic…

so if i am platinum or elite status…. as indicated on the mailbox, and staying in an inside room….i may have more items of value and be be more vulnerable than a person with a blue card staying in a suite?

for the record …. although we are are elite status, the only item of significant value in our room is my wife.

Awwww :)

I am sure your wife knows how you feel .....but I sure hope she see's this post :)

Forgive this old sentimental fool, this Mother's day Morn! :)

Edited by Reader0108598

Hi All

First they take our room number from our cruise card,

now they are taking our names off the mail boxes,

just how do they expect us to find our cabins,

if you take a couple of cruises a year on the same ship

its easy to forget which cabin you are in,

can see a lot of calls to security,

strange little guy in a kilt going up and down the hallway trying all the doors,

with his room key.:D

yours Shogun

Princess is the only cruise line I've been on that has name tags. Actually, just remembered, on the last cruise they had the wrong name on our cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In fact I rather like them....more than once I have caught myself looking at the door tag before inserting my cruise card and wondered why my cruise card didn't work in the door when I haven't looked.

I have done this too...it helps to be on the correct deck!!

I think they should remain in place & the passengers can decide to leave them or remove them.

Steve

In fact I rather like them....more than once I have caught myself looking at the door tag before inserting my cruise card and wondered why my cruise card didn't work in the door when I haven't looked.

I have done this too...it helps to be on the correct deck!!

I think they should remain in place & the passengers can decide to leave them or remove them.

Steve

I agree. :D

I think we've all experienced incidents where people are trying to locate which cabin they belong to when they are "two sheets into the wind".

I certainly appreciate that little reminder this is my cabin... ;)

One of our little fun cruise pastimes is a stroll around the deck to see how many past passengers are onboard, and whether we might have a chance to get an invite to a party or something. Then we check with the Captain's Circle Hostess for the real numbers.

If they take the name off the door, then please put the cabin number back on my cruise card, because I may never find it again... :rolleyes:

I would never want the cabin number on the card. Talk about security, more than once my card has fallen out of my pocket. The last thing I would want is someone picking up the card and entering my cabin.

Just sounds like another cost cutting measure by Princess.

I would never want the cabin number on the card. Talk about security, more than once my card has fallen out of my pocket. The last thing I would want is someone picking up the card and entering my cabin.

Just sounds like another cost cutting measure by Princess.

Criminals are getting very creative. If you wouldn't do it on a land-based hotel for security reasons, be doubly careful on a cruise ship where far too many lower their guard.