Internet on B2B

moki'smommy

Not a "use it or lose it" situation. The transition from one cruise segment to the other was automatic and pretty seamless for me recently. On my cruise the first segments remaining minutes carried over automatically to the next segment. When they were used up it went into the minutes for the second segment. I am given X amount of minutes due to my captains circle status. You do not say if you are paying actual $$$ or not. I don't think it should make a difference.

If you are concerned or if it does not go right for you the person you want to see is the INTERNET CAFE MANAGER. The captains circle host/hostess will most likely refer you to the internet cafe manager. I find the Internet cafe managers are generally quite good to work with.

This was my experience YMMV

We were told on the Emerald Princess that the B2B procedure with regard to Internet is now standard on all ships. Whether I trust that is another matter. But here is what we were told:

You get one set of Internet minutes per booking number. Unused minutes automatically roll over to the next booking number when doing B2B cruises. If doing three or more cruises in a row, minutes from Cruise #1 must be fully used and Cruise #2 minutes "purchased" before the end of Cruise #2 or you forfeit the minutes from Cruise #2, and so on.

When we did a b2b we spoke with the internet manager. He said it would and it did. Check with the internet manager on your ship.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping. Our minutes will be purchased (paid for in real money), not a benefit from sufficient cruises to qualify...although by the end of these, we will qualify on the next round.

Edited by moki'smommy

We were on the Royal Princess for a pair of 10 day cruises. Unused minutes carried over with no effort on our part.

It will probably not be a problem, but you must sign into each account during the cruise the minutes are awarded for

On our last b2b, the minutes did not roll over. They did on our previous 2b2. The difference was that we switched cabins on the most recent one and had the same cabin on the previous b2b. They were both short cruises, so we did not run out of minutes. It's possible that we could have gotten them switched over to our new cabin, but I didn't try.