Breakfast on the Ruby

HI-C-Dubs

Aloha ya'll!

I wanted to ask if anyone has any 'insider tips' on good breakfast ideas on the Ruby Princess. We cruise on it on the 29th and I remember listening to The Cruise Dudes Podcast and they mentioned the Pizza place does waffles in the AM... Is that true?

Also can we have IC coffee delivered to our room with room service or do we need to get it on our own? (Read: I will have to go out and grab it for my wife)

It would be nice to change the subject to 'the most important meal of the day' from the usual MDR/Specialty/Buffet questions! [emoji13]

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also can we have IC coffee delivered to our room with room service or do we need to get it on our own? (Read: I will have to go out and grab it for my wife)

Learn to enjoy your coffee runs -- the IC coffee is pick-up-at-the-cafe only.

I enjoy a good breakfast discussion!

I also saw that the Ruby has waffles at the Pizza station, and regrettably never tried it out. My wife had a never-ending insistence on MDR breakfast unless the schedule didn't work, and then it was an insistence on room service. The MDR insistence almost made us miss a private tour in Skagway...next time I'll be more insistent about reverse-engineering our timetable (and saying "I'm going for waffles...").

I also saw that the Ruby has waffles at the Pizza station, and regrettably never tried it out. My wife had a never-ending insistence on MDR breakfast unless the schedule didn't work, and then it was an insistence on room service. The MDR insistence almost made us miss a private tour in Skagway...next time I'll be more insistent about reverse-engineering our timetable (and saying "I'm going for waffles...").

Awwww I'm sorry you missed out on the waffles. I'll make sure to eat one in your honor. I guess its first to IC for coffee, then to the Pizza place for waffles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Aloha ya'll!

Sorry, no room service for IC coffee.

Aloha ya'll!

I wanted to ask if anyone has any 'insider tips' on good breakfast ideas on the Ruby Princess. We cruise on it on the 29th and I remember listening to The Cruise Dudes Podcast and they mentioned the Pizza place does waffles in the AM... Is that true?

It would be nice to change the subject to 'the most important meal of the day' from the usual MDR/Specialty/Buffet questions! [emoji13]

Thanks!

On your way out to get your wife IC coffee ️ just stop at the HC and get your waffles :eek:

Tony

Just wondering how many brownie points I should give my DW when she makes the run:rolleyes:.......LoL......J/K I will be making the run:D

Maybe when I'm in line and I see 15 other older men, alone, at 6 am with me I'll snap a picture and use the Meme "Real men get real coffee for their wives" :D

Since breakfast isn't JUST coffee, anyone have a suggestion for what venue we should avoid? And any opinions out there about the standard fare room service breakfast?

Aloha ya'll!

Thanks!

You have choices for breakfast:

Room Service: Limited menu - there will be a door hanger in your cabin the evening before that you can use to order breakfast.

International cafe: Pastries, some cereal, an egg mc muffin style sandwich, and as mentioned by others the espresso drinks or brewed coffee. Eat there or bring back to your cabin. There are no trays available so take the one from your cabin if you intend to return the food to the cabin.

Horizon Ct. Buffet: All kinds of foods including an omelette station. If waffles are not being prepared at the Pizza stand, then you will find them in the buffet.

DR: Sit down served breakfast, takes about an hour.

Since breakfast isn't JUST coffee, anyone have a suggestion for what venue we should avoid? And any opinions out there about the standard fare room service breakfast?

It's a very limited menu. Just cold things, for the most part. You can order the breakfast egg sandwich like you'll find at IC, but it often arrives cold and soggy. My advice is to get to the IC early enough for custard-filled donuts (which are like heaven on a plate.) :D

We try to go the MDR for breakfast every morning. I don’t remember it taking an hour for breakfast. My wife always gets the pancakes and she swears they are the best. It always have 2 eggs over easy on top of wheat toast, a couple link sausages, a small bowl of fruit, a glass of juice and a cup of coffee, I bring my own Irish cream coffee creamer. I’ve found that you don’t want the hash browns, they are nasty, I think made from dehydrated from dehydrated potatoes and formed into something that is supposed to be a hash brown.

I might have to try the waffle station on our upcoming cruise next month, it sounds interesting.

MDR breakfast has a specific opening time. If that it is 60 minutes or less prior to when the ship is due in port, service is going to be exactly as you'd expect: if you come in "guns ablazin'" and can order on the spot, you'll be out in 30-40 minutes. If you take your time, it could stretch past 60 minutes. It's simple logic IMHO, but one that's worth thinking through. If you have a need to be off the ship fast, do something else, or be early to the MDR and accept that you'll have to wait until the doors open.

The bran muffins and almond topped chocolate donuts at the International cafe are heavenly! Good wives bring their husbands fresh brewed coffee from the IC every morning too! It is a great place to read while spouses sleep! We meet every morning in the IC as I am an early riser. I put out my clothes every night in the bathroom so I can dress quietly and slip out the door while hubby sleeps!

We love our coffee in morning. Hubby and I flip a coin to decide who is going to the IC in the morning to get our coffee. While I am very spoiled at home, Kirk thinks he should be spoiled while on the ship. On the mornings, I have gone to get the coffee - it always amazes me to see how many people are up! Our favorite deck to be on is the Plaza deck - not to far from the IC!!!:)

• 6 months later...
We were aboard the Ruby in March....yes the waffle station is there and they are wonderful. You can goop them up as much as you want with strawberry sauce or whipped cream and syrup.....:)

Hi, Were the waffles in the pizza place or on the buffet? Thanks

The trip to the IC isn't bad. I love going alone early morning, the ship is so quiet. I try and walk thru the art gallery on my way as well, I appreciate the art so much more when it's quiet and not crowded. May I suggest the white chocolate mocha?

Thanks to those who suggested the waffles, I had no idea! Is this just a ruby thing? I would assume similar class ships have the same offering

• 2 weeks later...

I just told the Wife about Waffles being available at the Pizza station in the morning on the Ruby. I mentioned it because we will be on the Ruby Next May going to Alaska.

Her warm friendly reply to this important information was " if you are dumb enough to stand in line on a open deck while going to Alaska you can have your Waffles". :D However while you are out you can stop by the HC and bring me a Lemon filled donut.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob