Haven Access - Inside room + Haven room

abbyar

Considering a H6 with an inside down the hall - due to my kids ages, Dh will be on one room while I'll be in the other. The kids won't care about Haven access, but Dh will. Will he be able to join me in the restaurant as my guest? On deck? How does this work?

Can you book a 2-bedroom so that everyone has Haven access? I would expect that the cost for that would be close to one Haven cabin and one inside.

The only people allowed to use Haven facilities are those booked in the Haven. No bar, sundeck or anything else. Depending on capacity, a guest might be able to join you for dinner one or two nights for $25 each time.

No, we're on one of the Jade cancellations and NCL will not book me for a 2-bedroom. This is one of the solutions they offered (the other was 2 balconies, for which I'd cancel and just book with Royal), and trying to determine if it will still suit our needs. We're not super into shows and will have UBP and UDP, so as long as we can sit on the deck together and get breakfast I'm good. I guess the alternative is I order room service from the butler and just order enough for all of us.

So I guess I'm wondering how it works. We've stayed in suites but never Haven. Dh's official cabin would be down the hall - I can't put him in my room b/c there has to be an adult in the other cabin. Otherwise I'd put the two kids on the inside room.

Ugh!! Sorry about your dilemma.

I my personal experience the only time that non-suite guests get Haven access is when parents are booked in a suite ( we had a FFP) with a connecting balcony for the kids.

We have done this several times.

Good to know. Thanks for the information! Dh and I will have to discuss to make a decision.

I do have to say, despite the limitations, everyone I've dealt with has been extremely kind & patient, especially when I ask them to hold for a minute or two so I can discuss with dh. And as much as I was hoping to sail the Jade again, I'm actually exciting about dipping my toes into the larger ships & what they offer. Now that our kids are older they will love the larger pool & slides on the Epic.

There is a possible (and more expensive option.) I think you could book your husband into both rooms - meaning he'd have to pay to be a 2nd or 3rd pax in the Haven room along with paying to be the primary in the non Haven room. I'm not 100% sure you can book one person into two rooms, but this solution would give you hubby all of the haven amenities.

I would book you and hubby into the haven room, and when you board, simply switch where you sleep. You want him to have access! Call and talk to someone in person.!

Edited by cb at sea

Would you consider booking all of you into the H-6? It has a separate bedroom and a full bathroom for the living room area, plus the huge balcony to spread out on. If your kids are young they could both probably fit on the pull out sofa, or get an additional cot. Then you'd all have Haven access. Just something to think about.

I would book you and hubby into the haven room, and when you board, simply switch where you sleep. You want him to have access! Call and talk to someone in person.!

Every cabin needs to be booked with a passenger 21 or older, so this won't work.

I've done this with kids, all adults have to be booked in a haven cabin to have haven access, I had the h6 booked on the breakaway and the kids were booked in the balcony room next door and our reservations were linked. Kids still had access to the haven. You have to call NCL to have it booked this way. I did it in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If it's within 3 cabins down the hall, the kids can be booked without an adult, and you can switch names and have dh in the haven room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not true that cabins have to have someone over 21, I booked 2 balconies for myself and 3 kids, 2 people in each room, per ncl, as long as next door, within 3 cabins, across hall you can do it. The only cruise line you cannot book w/o an adult is Disney, the others have rules, but depending on cruise line and age (for carnival) kids can be in own cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every cabin needs to be booked with a passenger 21 or older, so this won't work.

That is not trie, I did it last year, adults listed in the H6, the lead passenger on the balcony cabin was 3 years old.

To the OP, book the Haven cabin with the adults and grab the adjoining balcony and list the kids there. The kids will be granted Haven access automatically.

• 11 months later...

^^ Things have changed since then.....

"Norwegian Cruise Lines policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding." - NCL

Just putting the minors in the connecting stateroom no longer works.

I had this problem on Carnival once. Booked a suite for DH and myself, booked an inside for the kids. DH and one of the kids just switched keycards (while on board).

This really is not relevent as Carnival does not compare to NCL re suite perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you consider booking all of you into the H-6? It has a separate bedroom and a full bathroom for the living room area, plus the huge balcony to spread out on. If your kids are young they could both probably fit on the pull out sofa, or get an additional cot. Then you'd all have Haven access. Just something to think about.

This.

We have sailed in an H6 twice, our boys have always slept on the living room couch. It can be made into a queen bed, and I have to admit that even I found it comfortable! Our boys were 12 and 9 on the last cruise we did in the H6, DS1 is almost as big as I am and there was plenty of space for the two of them.

There is also a second (albeit very small) bathroom which helps with 4 people in one cabin.

If I were you I would keep everyone in the H6, cancel the inside cabin and enjoy the Haven perks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk